Create Account

Jack Micro's draft night (2X Draft Media)

Jack Micro got out of the pool at his favorite local skate park in Anaheim California and just sighed. He hasn't been able to get his groove on in this skating session due to the fact that the SHL entry draft is in a week and his plane takes off tomorrow morning. As he prepared to drop down the pool for another go a local homeless man who practically lived in the park comes up to him.

"Hey man" the man says holding out his hand "got 5 bucks for a train ticket? I gotta get to my sister's place but I don't have a ride and she can't drive me"

"Yeah I think I do" Jack says as he look for his wallet "what's your name my man?"

"Rick King. Ironic name, considering that I am living like a peasant huh?" The man chuckles darkly "I've heard of you, mister big shot hockey player"

"Oh heh I'm not that big." Jack says, then looks down onto the ground "I'm actually worried I won't be drafted at all"

"Hey man I'm sure someone somewhere will draft you. Just gotta have faith that it will work out"

"I'm not that religious unfortunately"

"Not that kind of faith man. It's just that you need to believe in yourself more. Look I have been out of work for two months and been evicted for 2 weeks and I know one thing: I am still here. And I believe I can reach my sister Claire's place and hopefully she will take me in. The power of belief extends far beyond religion my man. Like waves in an ocean"

"You know" Jack said as he finally found his wallet and got out some money "you and my grandfather would have gotten along. You remind me a lot of him. Here, I'll give you 50 dollars. That outta not only pay for bus fare but for a taxi if she lives in the city"

"Holy crap thanks my man!" Rick says as he heads out towards the bus stop "good luck tomorrow by the way! I believe in you!'

"Thank you Rick!" Jack smiles as he drops in and does some tricks perfectly. Not only does Rick believe in him, but now thanks to the man's words he believes fully in himself. He shredded the pools until he got way too tired and headed back to his condo and headed to bed to prepare for tomorrow. The very next day he packs all the bags he hasn't done already and heads out to the airport making the takeoff time with a half an hour to spare. Soon enough he lands in New York City where the draft is taking place and just smells the air and looks around at the busy city.

While he was there he helped himself to local pizza shops and Chinese restaurants as he counts down rhe days until it's draft time. Despite his nervousness he kept his spirits up by remembering Rick's words and trying his best to believe in himself. Soon the day finally arrives and he is all dressed up in his best suit as he is ushered by a private limo with a few other draftees to the big building that the draft will be taking place. He is soon practicality attacked by reporters and begins answering all the questions he can.

"This is Sara Marshall from Action news." A fierce looking woman says to him while putting a microphone to his face "where do you think you will be drafted and are you afraid you will be undrafted?'

"I honestly have no idea where I will be drafted to be totally honest with you." Jack smiles "and as for being afraid of being undrafted I will just say that I personally have faith in myself that I will be drafted. And even if I am not I will try my best to prove my worth for the next draft"

"Ben Maxwell from The Daily Sports" a skinny guy says as he prepares his question "is there anywhere you do no want to be drafted?"

"Well not really aheh. I know you guys want an answer full of controversy but I am definitely not the kind of guy to give you those kinds of answers unfortunately" soon he has managed to get past all the reporters as security ushers him to the draft room where he sits alone with his agent James Matters waiting for a call. It didn't matter to him that he was alone personally. He liked his alone time and it helped him to be alone with his thoughts. He knew his agent would leave him alone during these kinds of times. He was one of the guys who clapped the loudest when his friend and Anaheim teammate Ryuuji was taken 3rd overall. He even gave him a bro hug.

Jack would unfortunately be waiting in that draft room for quite a while. He got increasingly nervous every time he heard a name being called before him. He didn't get called I'm the first round or even the early second round which was disappointing to him. He wasn't even called in the middle 2nd round. But finally in the late second round his cell phone rings showing a number from Massachusetts.

"Hello you have reached the number of Jack Micro part-time skateboarder and full time hockey player." He answers nervously

"Hello Jack this is the GM of the New England Wolfpack!" A voice answers as Jack gets a big smile and gives a thumbs up to James. "We are about to take you with our second round pick. What do you think about that?"

"I think that's amazing. I am definitely ready and excited to prove you all right in taking me" Jack says determined as his excitement grows.

"Yeah he has been waiting a long time so is he is definitely ready and willing to play hard for you all" James says into the phone

"Well alright we are calling the pick in. Get ready!" The phone calls ends as the Commissioner comes into the podium.

"With the 35th pick in the SHL Entry draft" the Commissioner says into the microphone "the New England Wolfpack select Jack Micro from the Anaheim Outlaws and the University of Louisville!" The outlaws side of the crowd gives out a decent cheer as Jack heads put to grab the hat and the jersey and pose for the crowd. He was extremely excited to be taken and it definitely showed on his face.

After he was taken he is pulled aside by a draft reporter named Chuck McCain "Hey I know you were waiting a long time Jack" the reporter says "what do you have to say to the league and to the Wolfpack fans after this pick?"

"Well I just have to say that the Wolfpack has definitely picked up a good player here as I will play my hardest for them and I will be absent proving them totally right." Jack says almost completely out of breath from excitement "I am ready to work and I do not care how long I will have to wait in the juniors my opportunity I will take it when it comes"

Meanwhile back in Anaheim Rick is smiling watching Jack get picked from the comfort of Clare's apartment. "I knew you could do it Jack" he says smiling, knowing that his life is aalo taking a turn for the better with his new job "you just had to believe in yourself"

"Do you know him" Claire asks as she sits down on a different chair

"Well "know" is a strong word. Let's just say we had quite the chance ecounter"

"Oh. Well I am glad to see him so happy tonight"

"Me too Claire. Me too"

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Congrats on getting drafted!!

How many ubers did it take you to get to the airport?

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

04-04-2021, 07:15 PMSlashACM Wrote: Congrats on getting drafted!!

How many ubers did it take you to get to the airport?
Only 1 and he got 5 stars

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Excellent work

[Image: v6m9gJe.png]