Create Account

Greyson Cooper - Scouting Report
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2021, 08:18 PM by goilers.)

Greyson Cooper 
Left Wing
SMJHL Prospect
[Image: Chychrun_AB306305127.jpg]

Greyson Cooper is the definition of an offensive winger. He is one of the faster skaters and is able to blow past opposing teams defence and cause many offensive opportunities. Cooper has a rocket of shot and plays much like Leon Draitsatl on the left wing. Previous coaches have commented on his smooth puck handling skills and his ability to get open. Paired with a playmaker or power forward Cooper has excelled, becoming one of the most offensive players in the OHL. 
Cooper excelled on the power play unit in the OHL, he usually played on the left wing where he is most comfortable and is able to set up for his rocket of a shot. Another statement from one of his coaches is that Cooper has the “ability to slow the play down and his passes are very accurate especially in critical situations” something very appealing to future teams.  
On the penalty kill Cooper is able to stand his ground and get the puck out of his zone. Some would say his secret weapon is his ability to pick up the puck from opposing players and end up turning it into an offensive play and create short handed chances. 
We're going to take a look at Greyson Cooper's strengths and weaknesses. 
Strengths 
Getting Open 
Greyson’s ability to get open and find an accurate lane for the puck to get through is one of his most attractive strengths to future GMs and teams. He has a laser beam of a shot and he finds it easy to get to the back of the net. He is able to get in all of the right places and create offensive chances for his team whether that means scoring or setting up his teammate for the perfect goal. He is extremely intelligent reading the play, some have said he has “eyes in the back of his head” being able to get in all the right places. 
Shooting Accuracy 
One of Cooper's greatest assets is his shooting accuracy, something he mentioned he started at a very young age practicing in his driveway. He has been praised from his start of his career for his ability to put the puck exactly on target. His effectiveness when the puck hits his stick is a goalies nightmare.
Speed 
As previously stated he is one of the fastest skaters and is able to get to maximum speed at a very fast rate and maintain it. It's impressive how Cooper can blow past defenders and create scoring chances for his team. At the same time he is able to get back and prevent opposing defenders creating any offensive plays. 
Weaknesses
Checking 
Checking has never been one of his strengths, you will not see him being one of the first players in the corner because he will be finding an open lane and trying to create a scoring chance. Near the end of his career in the OHL Cooper had been starting to up his hitting game,  something he hopes to do more of in the SMJHL and SHL. This is something most snipers lack in, however Greyson Cooper has made it very apparent to his future teams that this is something he is going to work on. He has never been a very physical player but has been training all summer long and hoping for some guidance in the future. 
Aggressiveness
Cooper lacks in his aggressive game play something he says has never been appealing to him. He has never been in a fight or even close to an altercation. Cooper has won many most sportsmanlike awards, he is barely in the penalty box. We would be very surprised if he was to get into a fight in the SHL and something many would be shocked if it were to ever happen. 
We were able to catch up with Greyson Cooper a week before his upcoming draft and asked him a quick question on how he felt about entering the SMJHL and his expectations. 
[Image: cut.jpeg]

“I am very honoured to be entering the SMJHL draft and eventually the SHL, for now my main focus is training and becoming one of the best players I can be. I've talked to about 9 different teams now and a couple sounded really interested in me. I will be happy no matter where I end up and hope that I can become an impact player on and off the ice. I've always appreciated a close locker room so something I'm excited to join. I've heard around the league that I'm projected to go in the first round so I will be very excited if that were to happen. I appreciate all your kind words and I am really excited to get started.
-Greyson Cooper
 Future SMJHL player  Shl
Code:
2X Words = 800

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

GOAT

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

04-08-2021, 01:28 PMcrutch Wrote: GOAT
WOAT <3

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede

Watch out for this one!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

04-09-2021, 03:32 PMMike Izzy Wrote: Watch out for this one!

Cheers

Welcome back Soph!

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]