Create Account

S59 Interested Prospects Thread
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2021, 06:05 PM by Mutedfaith.)

If you want to be drafted high in the SMJHL entry draft, you've got to make sure you're on teams' radars. Fill out the following questionnaire compiled by Head Office and the General Managers to earn some easy TPE and show everyone more of who you are and what teams get if they draft you!

SMJHL HO Questions (5 questions):

Code:
- Player Name:

- Position:

- Recreate or First-Gen?

- Recreates: Who was your last player?

- First-Gens: How did you find the site?

- Discord Username (full tag, including #numbers):

SMJHL GMs Questions (12 questions):

Code:
- Do you follow any hockey teams outside of the SHL, be they in the NHL or other hockey leagues?

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.)

- Is water wet?

- Locker rooms take place on discord. Do you use it and how often?  If not, would you be willing to try it to be a part of your team’s locker room?

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible?

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league?

- How do you feel about walruses?

- What is your general life philosophy? You can go into as much detail as you want.

- Please finish the following sentence:
“Defense is _______________.”

- What do you value in your team locker room?

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why?

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role?

Reward
6 TPE for completing all the questions.

Only S59 SMJHL Rookies (S60 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.

Deadline
The start of the SMJHL draft

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2021, 07:46 PM by FiveForFighting.)

- Player Name: Uhtred Ragnarsson

- Position: Center

- Recreate or First-Gen? First Gen

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Not applicable 

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? PBE

- Discord Username: Twitchy_OOTP#8001

- Do you follow any hockey teams outside of the SHL, be they in the NHL or other hockey leagues? Toronto Maple Leafs

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) - I have evenings free. Just don't tell my boss I do sim leagues at work.

- Is water wet? Water technically isn't wet. It makes other materials wet.

- Locker rooms take place on discord. Do you use it and how often?  If not, would you be willing to try it to be a part of your team’s locker room? I use discord yes. I interact with whoever is in the locker room I like to be social.

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? My expectations are a gm who will help me create a quality build, I'll put in the effort to be a great player. I will be a fun and positive influence in the locker room. Hopefully win a cup!

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? Yes I have.

- How do you feel about walruses? I feel sad about what is happening to them due to global warming.

- What is your general life philosophy? You can go into as much detail as you want. My general life philosophy is to be as happy and driven as Leslie Knope.

“Defense is _______________.” Defence is embarrassed when I waltz around them for a goal.

- What do you value in your team locker room? Positive, kind, funny, and helpful people.

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? Charizard of course. He is OG as the kids say.

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role. - I am looking to be a two way threat. I want to win faceoffs, play good D, drive play to the offensive zone, and then score goals.

- Player Name: Stan Din'desque

- Recreate or First-Gen? Recreate

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Barret McCarthy

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? A little birdy told me

- Discord Username: Inf1d3l#6127

- Do you follow any hockey teams outside of the SHL, be they in the NHL or other hockey leagues? Not as much as I'd like to based on my work schedule, but I'll watch a game when I can. Big fan of the Penguins and haet the

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) Free is a loose term. More like "How many hours do you waste at work and annoy your wife with at home" In which case, it's a shitton

- Is water wet? Yes, but diet water is not

- Locker rooms take place on discord. Do you use it and how often? If not, would you be willing to try it to be a part of your team’s locker room? I am on Discord way more often than I should be, and spend a lot of time chatting, helping, and posting stupid memes and pet pics, and food of course too.

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? I just want a good LR, I don't care if i have terrible minutes or am a top liner. My goal with this player is to make a Gretzky's Office Center long term so, that's my focus.

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? I mean, maybe in passing...

- How do you feel about walruses? Wannabe land whales

- What is your general life philosophy? You can go into as much detail as you want. Try not to get too down on myself, get through the day, enjoy what I can, eat good, have fun, be happy, spnd time with my wife and animals.

Key to winning a championship

- What do you value in your team locker room? Activity and attitude. It needs to be active, and it needs to be positive. If there are issues with either, they should be addressed and I would bring that up if I had a problem.

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? Bulbasaur because I played the original and he was my favorite starter.

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role? Gretzky's Office Center, mainly offensive based with some defensive points thrown in to help

- Player Name: Darrell Niskala

- Recreate or First-Gen? First-Gen

Was browsing through fantasy sites on Google and found a Reddit thread advertising

- Discord Username: cmonwhy#2632

——————————————————————

- Do you follow any hockey teams outside of the SHL, be they in the NHL or other hockey leagues?

Yes, I follow the Canadiens and Hurricanes in the NHL, Laval Rockets in the AHL and a few teams in the KHL.

At the very least 3.

- Is water wet?

Yes...technically no.

- Locker rooms take place on discord. Do you use it and how often?  If not, would you be willing to try it to be a part of your team’s locker room?

I use it everyday, but don’t really speak.

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible?

I can stay for as long as it takes for my player to develop.

Yes

They are animals.

- What is your general life philosophy? You can go into as much detail as you want.

Make improvements, not excuses.
Seek respect, not attention.

- Roy T. Bennett

Defense is not gonna be able to stop me.

Good attitude. Friendly & helpful people.

Been a few years since I’ve played/watched Pokemon. I guess (Mega EX) Gardevoir since it was my favourite childhood Pokemon card.

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role?

As a PWF, I’m more focusing on a offensive role, but I’m not afraid to deliver crushing body checks.

[Image: canada.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png] [Image: canada.png]
[Image: kCJ1DKs.png]
[Image: ylp6Su9.png]
[Image: citadelles.png] [Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: 1I2bN7C.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: citadelles.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2021, 10:30 AM by By-Tor.)

Player Name: Marcel Beck

Position: Right Defense

Recreate or First-Gen? First-Gen

First-Gens: How did you find the site? Hockey Dynasty crew said it was alright. They were wrong, its tha bomb.

Discord Username: By-Tor #8621

Do you follow any hockey teams outside of the SHL, be they in the NHL or other hockey leagues? Huge Canes fan. I moved to NC in 2005, but since I was pretty young, I only started getting into hockey around 2007. Tragically, I never got to experience their '06 cup run as a diehard fan like I am now. Then I had to sit through a decade of failure, near playoff misses, and "no fans" jeers. Finally they are back near the top, and I love every minute of it.

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) I pretty much only actively work on SHL material during the workweek while at work (Don't tell my boss lol). Usually I rack up anywhere from 10 to 25 hours of free time in a week. I'm usually busy on weekends, but I keep an eye on discord and visit the SHL site each day. Basically if I'm not at my desk at work, it's hit or miss - usually miss.

Is water wet? Depends, is it African or European water?

Locker rooms take place on discord. Do you use it and how often?  If not, would you be willing to try it to be a part of your team’s locker room? I am on discord pretty much all the time watching all the conversation, but often I don't butt into it unless it's interesting or I have something decent to say. I would like to try to be a more active poster after I am drafted. Don't get me wrong - I don't not post, but I'm not going to respond to "Imma win the cup"

What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? I want to be in juniors for a while and build up TPE. I want to win Four-Star Cups. I'd much rather be a first pair D for two or three extra seasons than get 8 minutes a night for an SHL club. Whoever drafts me, I just want them to work with me on being the best defenseman possible.

Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? Yes, because I always played WHL in NHL 14 junior career. (I like the Seattle Thunderbirds for some reason. Probably the dope logo).

How do you feel about walruses? Not a fan. Duncan the Walrus is one of my biggest S60 defenseman competition! @SouthPaw

What is your general life philosophy? You can go into as much detail as you want. Live and let live. Be a good human and help others when you can. Take care of the Earth.

Please finish the following sentence: “Defense is _______________.” Not as flashy as offense, but a solid defense the only way a team can be any good.

What do you value in your team locker room? I value sincerity. I do like to joke around, but when I'm asking advice or trying to figure something out, I like when people step up an actually help. The last thing I want is a locker room the hands out hollow advice or never answers my questions.

What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? I think it's Squirtle. I haven't played a ton, but he was my OG pick.

What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role? Mobile Defenseman. In a perfect world, my player has stellar defensive performances punctuated by some points here and there. My main concern is building mostly for defense first, then adding the offense as I become more dominant as a defender. As you can tell by my build, my physical characteristics have taken priority. In the real world, many of the best players are exceptional skaters and are a presence on the ice. In my opinion, that is the best way to go if you want a complete player.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

- Player Name: Maxwell Carrigan

- Position: Defence

- Recreate or First-Gen? Recreate baybeeeee

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Jax Duggan, Noted championship winning bust

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? Wouldnt you like to know

- Discord Username: SecondSucks22(Jax)#7330

- Do you follow any hockey teams outside of the SHL, be they in the NHL or other hockey leagues? Canucks

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) Too many, and yet not enough

- Is water wet? No

- Locker rooms take place on discord. Do you use it and how often?  If not, would you be willing to try it to be a part of your team’s locker room? I mean, im already in like 8 whats a few more added?

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? I WANT ALL THE BOATS

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? Sadly

- How do you feel about walruses? IRL, theyre ok, in the movie Tusk written and directed by big name indie star Kevin Smith, terrifying 

You know I like my chicken fried
Cold beer on a Friday night
A pair of jeans that fit just right
And the radio up
Well I was raised up beneath the shade of a Georgia pine
And that's home you know
Sweet tea pecan pie and homemade wine
Where the peaches grow
And my house it's not much to talk about
But it's filled with love that's grown in southern ground
And a little bit of chicken fried
And the radio up
Well I've seen the sunrise
See the love in my woman's eyes
Feel the touch of a precious child
And know a mother's love

Well its funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most
Not where you live or what you drive or the price tag on your clothes
There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind this I've come to know
So if you agree have a drink with me
Raise you glasses for a toast
To a little bit of chicken fried
And the radio up
And know a mother's love
I thank god for my life
And for the stars and stripes
May freedom forever fly, let it ring.
Salute the ones who died
The ones that give their lives so we don't have to sacrifice
All the things we love
Like our chicken fried
And the radio up
And know a mother's love

“Defense is _______________.” (in sports) the action or role of defending one's goal against the opposition.

- What do you value in your team locker room? friends

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? Charizard, and you know exactly why, if you disagree, dont draft me

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role? Ideally? Both, realistically, i know im gonna end up stuck as a second line stay at home like I am every time, and im ok with that

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

- Player Name: Mikhail Novikov

- Position: C

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Jesse Seppanen

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? I recreated.

- Discord Username: crutch#1738

- Do you follow any hockey teams outside of the SHL, be they in the NHL or other hockey leagues? yes. Vancouver Canucks, Arizona Coyotes

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) a lot actually

- Is water wet? oui.

- Locker rooms take place on discord. Do you use it and how often?  If not, would you be willing to try it to be a part of your team’s locker room? yes i'm a discord king.

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? Hopefully I can spend like 1 send down season in the juniors then move on to the SHL.

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? Yes.

- How do you feel about walruses? They kinda creep me out but overall cool.

- What is your general life philosophy? You can go into as much detail as you want. Take it easy and chill out. Good vibes only.

Defense is important. Buf offense wins Championships

- What do you value in your team locker room? Activity, good vibes. Building towards a common goal of winning a 4 Star Cup.

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? Onix. Always thought they were dope as fuck when I was a kid.

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role? Offensive playmaker. Hopefully playing in the sim under a Gretzky's Office or Playmaker type of player. Hoping for an offensive role.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

- Player Name: Zak Wilson

- Position: Left Defensemen

- Recreates: Who was your last player? N/A

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? Through the ISFL/PBE

- Discord Username: Jamar Lackson#1263

I live in the Maryland/DC area, but don't watch a lot of hockey, but if I had to support a team it would be the Capitals

I usually have 6+ hours a week to mess around in sim leagues.

- Is water wet?

No, Next Question.

I love to use the Locker Rooms over in the affiliate leagues, so I am more than happy to keep it going in the SHL, and make the team’s community even stronger.

I have no idea how long it takes to get up to the majors, but I’m in no rush to the majors, I’ll just roll with the flow.

I can’t say I have, sorta like Yellowknife before I joined the ISFL.

WATERMELON WALRUS FOR MVP @Frostbite

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=9159562]

My philosophy is simple, 
I said, certified freak
Seven days a week

Essential. In order to win, you need to play good defense, as it makes it easier to win games when you aren’t giving up 4+ goals a game.

I value activity, and a place that I can join in on the conversation, especially after spitting my time between 3 sim leagues.

My favorite pokemon has to be Sceptile, as he is the best final evolution out of my favorite pokemon game, Emerald. Now he even has a mega evolution to get the dragon type, that 4x weakness to ice is a big downer though.

I created a defenseman to play, well defense, but I won’t be avoiding putting TPE in offense either, as I want to keep the offense moving at all times as well.

- Player Name: Nikolai Ayerzov

- Position: Right Wing

- Recreate or First-Gen? First Gen.

- Recreates: Who was your last player? N/A

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? Heard about it through other sim leagues. 

- Discord Username: faded#6048

Yes, the Coyotes! (but we suck ;-Wink

10+ hours a week most likely.

- Is water wet? 

No, and I will die on that hill.

I would totally use locker rooms in the SHL! 

Well, I want to be a very successful player, but I'm not like the big boys quite yet so I'm expecting to have a solid rookie season. Seeing as there is a chance I might not get playing time in the SHL right of the bat, I may want to stay down another season to hone my skills and build up more TPE.

Who?

Walruses are frickin great man!

Life could end tomorrow, so make the most of it today. 

NECESSARY. 

In my team LR, I value respect and activity. I wanna see people hyped on game day and regardless of win be happy of our protect on the rink. 

Jeez, I don't play that much Pokemon, but Mudkip is cool cause he's pretty cute and I like water. 

Seeing as I am a winger, I am most likely going to play on the more offense-y side of things and less on the defense side of things, but that doesn't I won't want to succeed in the defense. 

[Image: 8hp3ACT.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2021, 11:32 AM by Highhaschdi.)

SMJHL HO Questions

- Player Name: High Haschdi

- Position: Left Winger

- Recreates: Who was your last player? /

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? ISFL, Ace

- Discord Username: Highhaschdi #5326

No, unfortunately not at the moment

I'm "working" at my computer and looking for distractions pretty much all day every day.

- Is water wet?

No

- Locker rooms take place on discord. Do you use it and how often?  If
not, would you be willing to try it to be a part of your team’s locker
room?

As an ISFL member and GM, I'm used to being in discord all day. So, I will definitely join my team's LR here and try to be as active as possible.

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you
looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you
hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible?

I hope to get some playing time, have some fun and hopefully also win some games and get some stats. I'm not sure yet how fast I would like to be called up tbh.

No

I like walruses, they are great defenders! And imo a walrus should also go 1OA in the junior draft this year @SouthPaw

Always be better than @tMuse

Defense is at least as important as offense.

Activity, helpful and friendly people. I hope to have some fun in the LR and to have people there that can help me with things like my build for example.

Gengar is my favourite Pokemon. I like the first generation way more than the others, I like how Gengar looks and it's also really strong.

I'm looking to play a more offensive role as a winger and score some points. I might also be okay with playing as a center, but I don't really want to play defense.

Player Name:

- Position: Goalie

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? Through my friend, KenitohMenera 

- Discord Username: Gregarious#1494

Do you follow any hockey teams outside of the SHL, be they in the NHL or other hockey leagues? 
I'm a big VGK fan. 

I'm free up until 4 o'clock PCT. 

- Is water wet?
Duh

I'm always on discord, in the sense it's always open. I do use it to talk with people and friends. 

I would like to be called up, but I want to have my skills at an appropriate level before I do so. So if I have to spend extra time in the juniors, that's fine.

Probably not

They're kinda cool, I guess. 

Nothing is a waste of time if you like doing it. 

Essential.

Players that push and help each other get better. 

I always like Charizard as a kid. Cool dragon. 

A brick wall goalie. 
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2021, 01:53 PM by tMuse.)

- Player Name:
J.J. James Jamerson Angler

- Position:
Right Wing

- Recreate or First-Gen?
Firs-Gen

I am playing in the ISFL, naturally you hear about the SHL and when Highhaschdi created here i had to do it too.

- Discord Username:
tMuse#0001

Not anymore no. I was a huge fan of the Anaheim Ducks back in 2002-2004 i think?

6+ no idea really. I'm working from home so i basically have always time.

- Is water wet?
No.

I am one of the more actives user in my ISFL Team. I will try to be active but i have some quite lurking days ofc.

As I'm trying to max earn i hope to get called up sooner than later.

Nope

Majestic! I have the same body-type!

Always be better than @Highhaschdi

Defense is defense. Offense is offense. Highhaschdi is noob.
Jokes aside, Defense is king.

Some nice talks with the players about everything and to have some fun.

Squirtle! It was my first starter and my first edition was Pokémon Blue which i got as an easter present when i was little. I also have a Squirtle tattoo on my shin!

I would love to play offense, open for center but i don't want to play defense. I'll try my best to max earn.

[Image: tgsnOlT.png]

Update Page | Player Page

Player Name: Greyson Cooper

- Position: Left Wing

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Sophia Bennett

Crutch

- Discord Username: Soph#7614

Edmonton Goilers - Husband is a Leafs fan so I find myself rooting for them as well.

6+ Usually evenings

- Is water wet?
No it’s not.

Yes I use it, I’m always around.

I’m looking for a long successful junior career, will do anything to get the team closer to a the four star cup!

Yes I have! Visited there this summer actually. But yes back with my old player the Vancouver-Kelowna rivalry was fun.

I think Walruses are super cute.

Live life like it’s your last day. Don’t say “that’s what up” as much as @crutch & all will be good.

Not going to stop me.

I value good attitude & positive vibes. I would love an active locker room. It’s always nice to join a close knit locker room.

Eevee. Because eevee is so cute!

I’m looking to play a more offensive role. I had a lot of fun with my previous player & want to do something similar however more of a physical player than before.

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

Code:

Code:
- Player Name: Bjorn Bjorn

- Position: RW

- Recreate or First-Gen?
First Gen

ISFL

- Discord Username: negs#5319

Code:

Code:
Not really not a big hockey guy. Live in Jersey so I guess the Devils.

10+

- Is water wet?
Absolutely, if I touch water, it is wet, therefore I get wet from the wet water, so how could it not be wet? Unless...

I use discord all the time I am in a lot of different servers and love locker rooms.

I'd love to set the record for hits in the juniors, but whatever is needed from my junior or big league team is what I'll do whether its getting called up or staying down.

No

Manatees are definitely superior

I'll start tomorrow are my famous 3 words

“Defense is _______________.” - about hitting people :)

People that like to have a good time and enjoy competition. I'm not a fan of people sacrificing the enjoyment of their users for winning though.

Snorlax. See "What is your general life philosophy?"

RW Agitator. I'm admittedly not a big hockey fan, but fighting, hitting, and all of that stuff is a lot of fun so whatever team needs that or wants a guy who is okay playing 4-5 minutes a game to hit
people and draw penalties hit me up!

[Image: Bjorn_Bjorn_Sig.png]
[Image: bjornswedengif.gif]

- Player Name: Jonathon Hagan

- Position: Defense

- Recreate or First-Gen?
Recreate

- Recreates, who was your last player?
James Hagan, SMJHL Legend

- Discord Username: CampinKiller#4205

Nashville in the show, Alabama-Huntsville in NCAA

Most of the hours, like 50+

- Is water wet?
No

- Locker rooms take place on discord. Do you use it and how often? If not, would you be willing to try it to be a part of your team’s locker room?
Who doesn't use discord?

Win the 4-star for once

Yes

They're cool

Work hard, don't have regrets, live the life in front of you

“Defense is stonks”

Friendly atmosphere

Don't have one, never played Pokemon

Puck-moving Dman that's solid at the back but can get after it up ice when needed

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]