Create Account

S59 Interested Prospects Thread
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2021, 06:04 PM by Philip3242.)

SMJHL HO Questions (5 questions):

Code:
- Player Name: Philip Demitra

- Position: Right D

- Recreate or First-Gen? First-Gen

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? R/Canucks the best pro-NHL related subreddit in the Vancouver area!

- Discord Username: phreshphil#2261

[b][u]SMJHL GMs Questions (12 questions):

[code]
- Do you follow any hockey teams outside of the SHL, be they in the NHL or other hockey leagues?
Canucks

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.)
10-20

- Is water wet?
Does the sun shine?

- Locker rooms take place on discord. Do you use it and how often?  If not, would you be willing to try it to be a part of your team’s locker room?
Use Discord daily as am also in a sim racing league.

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible?
As a Czech D-man, I expect I may need many seasons to adapt to American Ice, with making the big leagues being the eventual goal.

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league?
I have been there a few times!

- How do you feel about walruses?
Do they actually do anything other than sit around?

- What is your general life philosophy? You can go into as much detail as you want.
What is life?

- Please finish the following sentence:
“Defense is _______________.” the best offense. I really want to become a strong two-way player, and recognize that to do that developing my defense is key. I will likely not focus too much about
points to start, and will focus on making balanced long-term development. I am hoping to one-day equal great European defensemen such as Alex Edler who is a favourite of mine.

- What do you value in your team locker room?
I think I value most positive energy and a willingness to work together to compete! I hope to help the team that drafts me develop as a whole while learning as much myself and would appreciate
a collaborative and competitive environment.

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why?
Cubone is the most deadly looking fiend in Pokemon and no one can tell me otherwise. He is a straight up madman who leaves bodies wherever he goes

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role?

Looking to balance between the two! I would prefer not to be thrust into a purely shut-down/offensive role, and instead would like to be able to put up decent offensive numbers while being responsible
and safe in my own end.

[Image: rFbd0KA.png]

04-05-2021, 11:08 AMBenDover Wrote: WATERMELON WALRUS FOR MVP @Frostbite

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=9159562]

- What is your general life philosophy? You can go into as much detail as you want.

My philosophy is simple, 
I said, certified freak
Seven days a week

Jamar spitting straight facts fr fr

[Image: zuck_1.jpg]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png][Image: Citadel-NAVY-Wavy-Line-65K.gif][Image: qzGJBye.png]

- Player Name: Ryan Gardner

- Position: LD

- Recreate or First-Gen?: First Gen

- First-Gens: How did you find the site?: From Hockey Dynasty

- Discord Username: Evident_Rogue#5560

- Do you follow any hockey teams outside of the SHL, be they in the NHL or other hockey leagues?
  -Yes, the Las Vegas Golden Knights

-4-6

- Is water wet?
  -No. Wetness is created by contact with another surface. Water on it's own is not "wet".

- Locker rooms take place on discord. Do you use it and how often?  If not, would you be willing to try it to be a part of your team’s locker room?
  -I do use it. Most days I check it at least once.

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible?
  -I'm in no rush to go to the big leagues. I'd like to spend a few seasons as a junior, win some defensive awards and hopefully a championship or two.

-Is that a tropical fruit or a mixed drink? J/k... but honestly, no. I'm sorry!

-They're pretty cool.

-Just wing it? I don't really have a philosophy, so this is a tough question to answer.

“Defense is going to be my forte.

-Great people and free donuts.

-Seismitoad, because toads are cool and I like the color blue.

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role?
  -I want to build a defensive bully that teammates love, but opponents hate. The type of player who hits people,fights and gets under their opponent's skin.

[Image: GardnerNoTeam.jpg?width=747&height=420]

- Player Name: Uhtred Ragnarsson
(Who would have guessed there would be two of us?)

- Position: RW

- Recreate or First-Gen? First Gen

- Recreates: Who was your last player? N/A

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? Reddit

- Discord Username: SMD414#9791

- Do you follow any hockey teams outside of the SHL, be they in the NHL or other hockey leagues? Boston Bruins

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) - Quite a lot with the pandemic going on, I could probably spend at least an hour a day on here.

- Is water wet? I hate water, especially wet water

- Locker rooms take place on discord. Do you use it and how often?  If not, would you be willing to try it to be a part of your team’s locker room? I do use it, generally for reddit's r/hockey chat or one of my friend groups for gaming. It's usually running in the background

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? Whatever it takes to build a good player. Shooting for the stars here.

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? No, who is that?

- How do you feel about walruses? Can't trust them

- What is your general life philosophy? Keep on keeping on. Roll with the punches. Live life to the fullest, all gas, no brakes.

“Defense is _______________.” Defense is paramount to the success of the offense

- What do you value in your team locker room? Camaraderie  

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? Charizard, all gas, no brakes

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role. - Definitely more of a offensive role, with defensive capabilities. Brad Marchand comes to mind.

04-05-2021, 09:10 AMMutedfaith Wrote: If you want to be drafted high in the SMJHL entry draft, you've got to make sure you're on teams' radars. Fill out the following questionnaire compiled by Head Office and the General Managers to earn some easy TPE and show everyone more of who you are and what teams get if they draft you!

Code:
- Player Name: Eric Tokke

- Recreate or First-Gen? 1st Gen

- Recreates: Who was your last player?

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? Reddit

- Discord Username: Graydonsanatomy

SMJHL GMs Questions (12 questions):

Code:
Vancouver Canucks

Too many right now so 6+

- Is water wet?
Is the glass half full or half empty

yes used discord in the past for madden leagues, like it better than GroupMe

Looking to grow my player with a solid locker room and compete for a championship, want to make sure my player is good and I know what the hell im doing lol before in the big leagues

I’m just here so I don’t get fined

underrated animal, they’re just big deals which are like top 5 cute

The dismantling of white supremacy and the systematic oppression of the working class

“Defense Wins ____championships___________.”

A team that’s willing to work together to do whatever it takes to win a championship

Arcanine, a jumbo Pokémon dog that I can ride around that breathes fire,
sign me up

All around power forward, whatever it takes to win offense, defense, doesn’t matter, here to play for championships at all levels

Reward
6 TPE for completing all the questions.

Only S59 SMJHL Rookies (S60 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.

Deadline
The start of the SMJHL draft

- Player Name: Isiah López

- Position: Right winger

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Not applicable

- First-Gens: How did you find the site?       R/Sanjosesharks

- Discord Username: jr3670391#4422

- Do you follow any hockey teams outside of the SHL, be they in the NHL or other hockey leagues? I really like watching the san jose sharks

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) At least 6 hours

- Is water wet? Yes it is.

- Locker rooms take place on discord. Do you use it and how often?  If not, would you be willing to try it to be a part of your team’s locker room? I would like to use discord more often. Hopefully make some new friends.

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? I would like to be called up as soon as possible but if not, would like to learn as much as a junior.

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? No

- How do you feel about walruses? Walruses are okay. Not the most fascinating animal but they are okay.

- What is your general life philosophy? You can go into as much detail as you want. Just to have fun and do whatever makes you happy.

“Defense is _______________.” defense is somewhat important.

- What do you value in your team locker room? Comradery

Squirtle because water is the best type

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive?  I would like to be more of a offensive player. I want to be a player that scores a lot of goals.

- Player Name:

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? Reddit recruitment

- Discord Username: Evil_AllBran#9017

- Do you follow any hockey teams outside of the SHL, be they in the NHL or other hockey leagues? Boston Bruins

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) 6+

- Is water wet? I mean, sure. Unless it's frozen...is ice still water?

- Locker rooms take place on discord. Do you use it and how often? If not, would you be willing to try it to be a part of your team’s locker room? I'm on Discord daily.

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? I think spending a few seasons in the Juniors will help me learn the system.

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? No

- How do you feel about walruses? Their mustaches tickle

- What is your general life philosophy? You can go into as much detail as you want. Just be nice to people.

“Defense is a dish best served cold.”

- What do you value in your team locker room? Barbie Girl by Aqua

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? Kadabra, he was always the coolest and I never got to trade him to evolve him as a kid so I always had him in the team.

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role? Offensive leaning but I think developing good defensive ability is important.

Name: Roderic Banes
Position: LW
First Gen
Found the site via a recruitment post in r/Canucks
Discord: stronklikebear#4972

I follow the Vancouver Canucks regularly, and the Colorado Avalanche and Kamloops Blazers less closely.
I have between 1 and 5 hours free each week, depending on my work hours.
Water is wet.
I mainly use Discord for running D&D, but would be willing to participate in a team locker room.
I want to be a contributing part of a winning team. If that means spending 2-3 years in Junior, so be it.
I used to live in Kamloops, so I am quite familiar with Kelowna.
Walruses frighten and disturb me with their mass and tusks.
Generally, my philosophy in life is that it is everyones responsibility to minimize their negative impact on the world and others, and leave the world a better place than they found it.
Defense is key to success.
I value inclusivity, positivity, and a helpful mindset in a locker room.
Favourite pokemon is Bulbasaur, because he's the OG cabbage lizard with the cutest face.
I'm looking to build a dynamic forward, with the strength and speed to be a power forward, but the skills and hockey IQ to be a playmaker.

[Image: banes.png]

Code:
- Player Name: Mars Stanton

- Position: Right Defenseman

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? Googled 'Hockey simulation'

- Discord Username: CD12

SMJHL GMs Questions (12 questions):

Code:
- Do you follow any hockey teams outside of the SHL, be they in the NHL or other hockey leagues? I follow the NHL and some college hockey.

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) It depends? But usually an hour or two most evenings.

- Is water wet? Yes

- Locker rooms take place on discord. Do you use it and how often?  If not, would you be willing to try it to be a part of your team’s locker room? Yes, I used my team's Discord when I was a DFA.

I'm fine with staying in juniors for the duration of my junior career
- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? I've heard of the Kelowna Rockets hockey team.

- How do you feel about walruses? Indifferent.

- What is your general life philosophy? You can go into as much detail as you want. Just take it one day at a time.

“Defense is _______________.” Important to a team's success.

- What do you value in your team locker room? Laid back, easy-going.

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? Don't know Pokeman.

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role? More of a defensive defenseman, though I'm trying to be well-rounded in all areas of the game.

Code:
- Player Name: Alexander Rask

- Position: Goalie

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? By looking around on the internet

- Discord Username: Unknownminion18
Code:
NHL Boston bruins
9 Hours
- Is water wet?
No, the thing the waters on or in is wet
Yes I would use it
Long and successful
No
I love them their scary in a good way with their big teeth
To live a long and happy one
“Defense is A goalies best friend.”

Sportsmanship 
Ice ninetales unexpectedly powerful perfect for my dream team
While because I'm a goaile probably a defensice role

Reward
6 TPE for completing all the questions.

Only S59 SMJHL Rookies (S60 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.

Deadline
The start of the SMJHL draft

Smile Unknownminion1806 Starwars

- Player Name: Alfred Yankovic

- Position: RD

- Recreates: Who was your last player? N/A

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? ISFL

- Discord Username (full tag, including #numbers): katarn22#0411

- Do you follow any hockey teams outside of the SHL, be they in the NHL or other hockey leagues? New Jersey Devils

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) 12+ hours

- Is water wet? Yes, what else would it be?

- Locker rooms take place on discord. Do you use it and how often?  If not, would you be willing to try it to be a part of your team’s locker room? Yes, I am very active on Discord.

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? I am perfectly okay with whatever happens to me. I really just want to go to a team with a good bunch of friendly users.

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? No.

- How do you feel about walruses? They're pretty cool. I wouldn't want to fight one though.

- What is your general life philosophy? You can go into as much detail as you want. Why be mean when you can be nice?

“Defense is invaluable.”

- What do you value in your team locker room? Activity and positive user interaction. I don't really care about stats or winning. I would rather be with a solid bunch of people.

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? Roserade. I had a really good Roserade in Pokemon Diamond so I've always been fond of it.

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role? Defensive for sure. I don't need to have a ton of stats or anything. I more so want to build a player that can disrupt the opposing team's offense and that my team can depend on to clear the puck from our zone.