Create Account

S58 All-Star Team
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2021, 04:36 PM by RedCapeDiver.)

04-06-2021, 04:31 PMTommySalami Wrote: The 9 forward all-stars were the top 9 players in points. The 6 Defensive Al-stars were in the top-7 in defensive points. At what point do we just give all-stars based on points instead of having a committee to do it?
dont worry you will be happy to hear they left off the goalie who had the highest save percentage and lowest GAA  

given he only played 31 games and we know thats pretty much the 0

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

Yeahhh.... definitely not the best list there...

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

can we just automate all-stars at this point. No point in having a committee if it’s just top point people

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2021, 04:38 PM by leviadan.)

04-06-2021, 04:30 PMBuster Wrote: Edit: no Texas players either. Come on.

109 point season, but the big secret is that all our players actually suck.  Cry

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=65fe67b4&is=65ebf2b4&hm=a6...46085eb3f&]

legit don’t know why we pay people to pick the top 9 scoring forwards and top 6 scoring defensemen every season without fail lmao

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

another one

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

04-06-2021, 04:38 PMleviadan Wrote:
04-06-2021, 04:30 PMBuster Wrote: Edit: no Texas players either. Come on.

109 point season, but the big secret is that all our players actually suck.  Cry

I mean I wasn’t going to say it

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Obviously people are upset, and I hear you.

Now, from the standpoint of being the head, do you guys have suggestions for how I can handle things to ensure we're getting the right players? Obviously I can't totally guide decisions in voting/nominations, but does anyone have ideas for way the voting could be modified or structured in a way to ensure that we're getting the right people? I am open to ideas, and if you'd rather express them privately, feel free to toss me a message on Discord or via PM.

For the All-Star game that we had done, I am looking into a way to do a better job with that next year. As it stands, that was the first time through it, and there was some obvious glaring issues regarding team representation. That will be better next season.

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

This is actually atrocious. I’m fucking appalled at this list, and I’m on the committee.

I’m at work so I’ll publicly post my picks soon, but I’ll tell everyone this:

I voted Krash as my top winger.

Not ONE single other person on the committee gave him a vote. And we pick 3 wingers and 3 Forwards. So that’s six possible spots he could’ve gone.

This is real bad. I’m so sorry everyone.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Congrats @charlieconway
Proud of you Smile

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

Goals

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

Look at dumbass wang on the 2nd team. Hellooooo, rest of your team on the top line.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Are those the goalies with the most points as well?

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]

04-06-2021, 04:47 PMSkeleton Party Wrote: Are those the goalies with the most points as well?

tbh. Doyle & Soonika were by far the best goalies this season.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

04-06-2021, 04:40 PMFlowseidon Wrote: Obviously people are upset, and I hear you.

Now, from the standpoint of being the head, do you guys have suggestions for how I can handle things to ensure we're getting the right players? Obviously I can't totally guide decisions in voting/nominations, but does anyone have ideas for way the voting could be modified or structured in a way to ensure that we're getting the right people? I am open to ideas, and if you'd rather express them privately, feel free to toss me a message on Discord or via PM.

For the All-Star game that we had done, I am looking into a way to do a better job with that next year. As it stands, that was the first time through it, and there was some obvious glaring issues regarding team representation. That will be better next season.

I think it starts with screening applicants and making sure they aren't just there to collect a paycheck. I get it, everyone needs money on this site, but you need people that won't just say, "yup, that's the top points getters, they must be all-stars!" Without actually looking into factors outside of points. At this point, personnel is your issue. 

I'd talk to your members and ask them for their reasoning behind these selections. Make them write 2-3 sentences for each submission and why they believe that that person deserves a spot above others. Because right now, this is lazy and a real disgrace.

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]