Create Account

S58 All-Star Team

04-06-2021, 04:40 PMFlowseidon Wrote: Obviously people are upset, and I hear you.

Now, from the standpoint of being the head, do you guys have suggestions for how I can handle things to ensure we're getting the right players? Obviously I can't totally guide decisions in voting/nominations, but does anyone have ideas for way the voting could be modified or structured in a way to ensure that we're getting the right people? I am open to ideas, and if you'd rather express them privately, feel free to toss me a message on Discord or via PM.

For the All-Star game that we had done, I am looking into a way to do a better job with that next year. As it stands, that was the first time through it, and there was some obvious glaring issues regarding team representation. That will be better next season.
What's the tie breaker? 
looking at the Excel sheet both Goodman and Eller tied at 13 points/votes

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

04-06-2021, 04:48 PMZoone16 Wrote:
04-06-2021, 04:47 PMSkeleton Party Wrote: Are those the goalies with the most points as well?

tbh. Doyle & Soonika were by far the best goalies this season.
lol. not a dig at them, well deserved. more of a commentary on the rest of the list.

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]

Does the All-Star Committee follow the same discussion processes as the HoF Committee? How do you come to these results and decide that this is fine? Is it just a ballot that is then submitted and tallied or something?

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

[/quote]
What's the tie breaker? 
looking at the Excel sheet both Goodman and Eller tied at 13 points/votes
[/quote]

I vote the tie-breaker

My reasoning was that Eller's numbers while not as good in terms of sv% and GAA were done on a significantly less successful team and over a wider span of games making it more difficult to keep them where they were.

People can definitely disagree with that, and I know that many here will, but that's how I came to that one.

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

04-06-2021, 04:53 PMJT3 Wrote: Does the All-Star Committee follow the same discussion processes as the HoF Committee? How do you come to these results and decide that this is fine? Is it just a ballot that is then submitted and tallied or something?

I'm not sure what their process is, though I would definitely like to hear more as I think there is obvious room for improvement here. If someone knows it, please fill me in and I'll look to see what we can adapt and bring forward into next season.

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

Love you
Delete this

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

What do I have to say to get banned for a week?

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

04-06-2021, 04:40 PMFlowseidon Wrote: Obviously people are upset, and I hear you.

Now, from the standpoint of being the head, do you guys have suggestions for how I can handle things to ensure we're getting the right players? Obviously I can't totally guide decisions in voting/nominations, but does anyone have ideas for way the voting could be modified or structured in a way to ensure that we're getting the right people? I am open to ideas, and if you'd rather express them privately, feel free to toss me a message on Discord or via PM.

For the All-Star game that we had done, I am looking into a way to do a better job with that next year. As it stands, that was the first time through it, and there was some obvious glaring issues regarding team representation. That will be better next season.

No offense, but you post these friendly and nicely formulated messages every season at this point, but then when actual improvements are suggested you guys disappear halfway through the discussion and nothing changes. At what point does the hollow PR-talk stop and we conclude that this just isn't working?

I'd cut you some slack in regards to the ASG and not all teams being represented there, that is something that can happen when a new feature like this is set up and you have to come up with a new rule set on the fly. But the actual All-Star teams have severe problems for seasons now and if this season is any indication then they are getting worse, not better.

04-06-2021, 04:58 PMJobin Wrote: What do I have to say to get banned for a week?

Just say this list is actually good and that the team did a great job

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

TIB

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Stampede

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

It all starts by hiring not complete idiots, who will actually do research before just blindly voting for the people with the most points.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

I would be really interested to hear the reasoning behind leaving some guys like Karl Krashwagen off any of the all star teams. In general what considerations does the voting committee take beyond mere point totals?

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

No offense, but you post these friendly and nicely formulated messages every season at this point, but then when actual improvements are suggested you guys disappear halfway through the discussion and nothing changes. At what point does the hollow PR-talk stop and we conclude that this just isn't working?

I'd cut you some slack in regards to the ASG and not all teams being represented there, that is something that can happen when a new feature like this is set up and you have to come up with a new rule set on the fly. But the actual All-Star teams have severe problems for seasons now and if this season is any indication then they are getting worse, not better.
[/quote]

I hear you. Believe me. I'm not trying to do it as a PR speak, but I am genuinely interested in others opinions on what would help get the right players. Finding a problem is very easy, creating a solution is much harder. What do you suggest? I thought I had responded to everything last time, but may have missed some things. As always, my discord and PMs are open for chats.

I have received far more in terms of suggestions, possible solutions, etc than I have in my entire time. Potential solutions are very valuable, and they can be used to help drive things going forward. When it's just "these are the wrong selections" or memeing on everything/

Westbroek and Lane should be swapped btw. Lane's not a centre

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars