Create Account

Edmonton signs rookies
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2021, 11:45 PM by Keygan.)

[Image: EDM_text_flat.png]

Edmonton has been extremely blessed with an incredible draft class this past season, and with an incredible class comes plenty of signings!

The Edmonton Blizzard are proud to sign the following prospects:

Sven Svechnikov:

S59: 2,500,000
S60: 2,500,000
S61: 2,500,000

We initially heard about Steveo through a discussion with his manager but at the time it felt as though it would be a tad farfetched for us to land him with our first pick at 13th overall, eventually an offer was made on one of our players and we acquired the fourth overall pick and at that point we knew that we had secured our guy. He's been awesome in the locker room and I look forward to many more games with you and Tater as your career continues to flourish.

Pasta the Turtle:

Pasta was another player we originally considered at fourth overall, but we heard less from other teams about him ahead of the draft and opted to wait and see, hoping to snag him at thirteenth overall. As draft day grew ever closer, we began hearing more and more whispers of teams having heavy interests in him as player and presence in the locker room, we knew there was minimal chance he would be available at thirteen. We began reaching out to teams during the draft and eventually came to a deal to acquire tenth overall in order to draft Pasta. I'll scream it to the moon that I would do the deal over and over again.

Slavakov Vladimirshenko:

We had two first round picks initially, but after scouting the class for a little over two weeks we knew we were going to have to attempt to acquire another first round pick. We opted to make a trade with Texas to acquire sixteenth overall and when we saw Vladimirshenko available at 16th we knew it was too good to be true. Minnesota has been an incredible locker room presence since the draft, and I could swear that he never sleeps.

Artemius Nyström:

S59: 2,500,000 *
S60: 2,500,000 *
S61: 2,500,000 *

During my initial conversations with Tapdance he had levels of acknowledgement towards the league that made him feel like a veteran presence, I mentioned to Tommy that if one of the three players we had drafted at four, ten and sixteen wasn't there, I would have been thrilled to take him in the first round, so to get him in the second round was all that much sweeter. Tommy had actually relayed a message to me than Tapdance said "Either the Blizzard are drafting me, or I'm going to be a second round steal, either way I'm PUMPED." well to that my new friend? Por que no los dos?

Makrus "The Tater" Jager:

We first spoke to Makrus shortly after speaking to Sven for the first time, again another player that Vancouver management had relayed to us that could be a potential steal later in the draft. A trade deadline create that did all the right things after creating, has started a podcast and has pumped out some media. If Tater had created at the optimal time there is little doubt in my mind that he would have been long gone before the 24th overall pick. He's been an incredible presence in the locker room, despite a strange work schedule. We're incredibly lucky to have gotten Tater this late in the draft.

Dara McQuick:

As the draft dwindled down later in the rounds Tommy and I were looking throughout our scouting sheet and noticed that late in the third round not only was there an active player, but a player who had done the last 5 weeks worth of point tasks. I remember half sarcastically asking Boom in our war room if Jack was a cannibal or something because we could understand how teams were passing with a player of this quality was on the board. We quickly scooped Jack up and the rest is history, he's been pumping out some really great looking graphics in the locker room and I'm really excited to see how he progresses McQuick going forward.

* Indicates a full non-movement clause with the exception of if a franchise is placed in Ohio.
[Image: EDM_text_flat.png]

@jackkmart @steveoiscool @taterswc @visceralpotamus @minnesotafine @TapdancingNecrons

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2021, 11:53 PM by steveoiscool.)

biggest of dabs

accepted

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

Look at this draft class. Look at this draft haul. EDMFUX  Blizzard

Accepted.

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

04-07-2021, 11:44 PMTapdancingNecrons Wrote: Look at this draft class. Look at this draft haul. EDMFUX  Blizzard

Accepted.

Forget something ????? .......SUX

[Image: Snoopdogg.gif]
    [Image: d9J5DHT.png]        norway      [Image: d9J5DHT.png]

Accept

[Image: visceralpotamus.gif]

Ya Boi 

Accepted

[Image: qm0v49d.png]

accepted

Accept! Blizzard

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpeg]

Processed

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!