Create Account

SHL Awards Nominations: Dar & Razov
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2021, 07:38 PM by hhh81.)

S58 Anton Razov and Jeff Dar Finalists

Welcome to another season of SHL Awards! In preparation of the upcoming awards show we wanted to take some time to highlight each award and the beautiful players that have been nominated for each one. In this article we will look at the Jeff Dar (Best Two-Way Forward) and the Anton Razov (Playoffs MVP) Trophies. [/align]

Note: the number in brackets beside each name is the number of nominations they received by the committee during the nomination phase. Finalists are in their own category.
Jeff Dar Trophy (Best Two-Way Forward)
Blizzard Jon Forty-One (9) Blizzard @C9Van
S58 Stats: 20-55-75, +31, 18 PIMs, 20 PPP, 248 SOG, 21:00, 1:30 SHTOI, 37 TkA (+22)
46 SB, 67 hits, 46 SF/60, 25.8 SA/60, 64% CF, 64.4% FF

Back again is the Blizzard’s own powerful forward, Jon Forty-One. A finalist last season, J41 wasted no time battling to be one of the league’s best two-way threats. He leads our finalists with 75 points and a whopping 20 power play points. His advanced stats were also nothing to sneeze at; Edmonton took more than 20 net shots more per game with J41 on the ice, and he had over 64% Corsi and Fenwick for. While he doesn’t have as many hits or blocks as his fellow nominees, his +22 TKA-GVA ratio was one of the tops among forwards in the league.

pride Henrik Lekberg Osterman (8) pride @Thatguy91
S58 stats: 20-46-66, -19, 26 PIM, 15 PPP, 194 SOG, 23:19 TOI, 1:00 SHTOI, 43 TkA (+8)
194 SB, 112 hits, 27.2 SF/60, 37.6 SA/60, 42.1% CF, 42.6% FF

A newcomer to the finalist pool, HLO had a breakout season for San Francisco. He led the Pride with 66 points, 46 assists, 15 powerplay points, 194 shots and average time on ice (23:19). He also frequently laid the body with 112 hits and threw himself in the way of almost 200 shots from the other team. SFP needed him to do it all and do it all HLO did, playing over 3 minutes of special teams time a night on both the PP and PK. He doesn’t have the support the other finalists have across their rosters, but he was a great player for the rebuilding Pride.

Inferno Eko Van Otter (9) Inferno @hotdog
31-42-73, +3, 38 PIMs, 15 PPP, 271 SOG, 24:45 TOI, 2:18 SHTOI, 50 TkA (+14)
62 SB, 144 hits, 37.9 SF/60, 29.3 SA/60, 55.6% CF, 55.8% FF

The defending champ returned to try and reclaim his title for a second consecutive season. While the other finalists racked up points setting up their teammates, Eko van Otter continued to be a scoring threat, scoring 31 goals, 73 points, and 271 shots on goal. The rest of his defensive counting stats were practically identical to when he won in S57 (70 SB, 137 hits, 52 TkA (+17), 2:26 SHTOI). EVO was Mr. Consistent for the Inferno, and certainly deserves to be a finalist again this season!

The following players also recieved one or more nominations:

Tom Fiddler (5)
Karl Krashwagen (1)
Nick Brain (1)

Anton Razov Trophy (Playoff MVP)

And the finalists are:

Steelhawks Aaron Wilson Steelhawks @aaronwilson
19 GP, 11-12-23, +10, 4 PPP, 73 SOG, 20:56 TOI, 33 hits

Aaron Wilson had the strongest Challenge Cup Finals of any player between Hamilton and Buffalo. Prior to the finals, Wilson had a decent stat line through 14 games: 6-6-12, 55 SOG, 21 hits. Once the brightest lights were on him, Wilson did what he does best: break the hearts of the Buffalo Stampede (there’s a reason the Stampede faithful call him Daddy). During the finals, Wilson scored 5 goals, 11 points, +6, 12 hits, and 18 shots on goal in just 5 games to lead the Steelhawks to another Challenge Cup. His 23 points tied him for the playoffs lead with Buffalo’s Aron Hernadivic, Hamilton’s Michael Scarn, and fellow finalist Adam Barron.

Stars Adam Barron Stars @charlieconway
19 GP, 7-16-23, +15, 3 PPP, 89 SOG, 22:30 TOI, 10 TkA, 39 SB, 27 hits

Barron did it all for Toronto and really pushed the tempo for the up-and-coming North Stars. Despite not making the finals, Toronto’s top defender tied for the leaue lead with 23 points in the playoffs. The committee members were really impressed at how Barron carried a heavy load, coming one game short of a Challenge Cup Finals berth.

Steelhawks A Jobin Steelhawks @Jobin
19 GP, 12-6-1, 2.7 GAA, 0.917 SV%

The committee believed Jobin was the best goalie of the playoffs. Unfortunately for Buffalo and Elizabeth Doyle, the Steelhawks got the better of them, taking Doyle out of the running for the Razov (one might argue Aaron Wilson played a bigger part in dropping Doyle down a few pegs; she had a 0.918 SV% prior to the finals and a 0.876 SV% versus Hamilton).

The following players also received one or more nominations:
F Michael Scarn, F Aron Hernadivic, G Elizabeth Doyle, F Theo Morgan

Tune in Thursday, April 8, at 9pm EST to learn the winners of the S58 SHL Awards! For the first time possibly ever, the award show will be LIVE!

Quote:886 words, ready for grading

Note to self: play more games against bottom feeders and lose in the conference finals for a Razov nom

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

04-07-2021, 07:40 PMfishy Wrote: Note to self: play more games against bottom feeders and lose in the conference finals for a Razov nom
If you want to win the Razov, score consistently and find ways to improve at the margins, win series etc

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

JOBIN JOBIN JOBIN

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

(this is historian luke) I do believe this is the first time someone that did not make the finals got nommed for the Razov. Atleast from what I can find.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Really appreciate the nominations. I'm blown away to be among such great players and osterman

Jk you're great bb

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

04-07-2021, 08:01 PMluketd Wrote: (this is historian luke) I do believe this is the first time someone that did not make the finals got nommed for the Razov. Atleast from what I can find.

pretty sure that’s accurate

Wow, I was hoping to get a vote or two but did not expect to be a finalist. Its very much appreciated!

Also, Fiddler is a bum. @PremierBromanov

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

#Barron4Razov

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Lets gooooo!

Thank you again for the votes. Hopefully this time I can get the award. <3

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

04-08-2021, 02:48 AMThatguy91 Wrote: Wow, I was hoping to get a vote or two but did not expect to be a finalist. Its very much appreciated!

Also, Fiddler is a bum. @PremierBromanov

more of a hobo, really

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]