Create Account

SHL Awards Nominations: John McBride and Aidan Richan
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2021, 12:40 PM by reid.)

SHL S58 Awards Hype
John McBride and Aidan Richan

In preparation for the upcoming awards, show, we wanted to take some time to highlight each award and the amazing players/users that have been nominated for each one! In this article, we will look at the John McBride for Goaltender of the Year, and the Aidan Richan for the Most Improved Player

Note: The number in brackets beside each name is the number of nominations they received by the committee during the nomination phase. Finalists are in their own category.

John McBride Awards for Goalie of the Year
The John McBride Awards is given to the goaltender who the committee deemed to have the best and most outstanding season for their team. This was an extremely tightly contested nomination process, with a lot of different goalies deserving for various reasons.

Below are the honorable mentions:

Luca Del Vecchio [1] Platoon 
White Goodman [2] Renegades 
Nicolae Antonescu [3] pride 
Tibuk Soonika [4] syndicate 

FINALISTS:

Harry Carpet Stars @Carpy48

The star netminder for the North Stars, Harry Carpet helped propel Toronto from the bottom of the Great Lakes division to third in the league. Carpet started 48 games, winning 33 of them, and put up an impressive 2.38 GAA, good for 5th best for any goalie over 30 games. He combined that with 3 shutouts and a solid 0.918 Sv% to show why he is one of the premier goalies in the league, all while doing it in the cut-throat great lakes division.

Elizabeth Doyle Stampede @Evok

Speaking of elite Great Lakes netminders, Elizabeth Doyle gets yet another nomination from the committee. The reigning winner, Doyle had another amazing season, consisting of 13 shutouts, a 2.08 GAA – 3rd among goalies over 30 games, and 2nd among goalies who qualified as the “starter” tag, and a 0.924 Sv% - 2nd and 1st in the two categories mentioned before. In the middle of the season, she also set the record for most consecutive shutouts – a significant achievement from any goalie.

Frans Eller Wolfpack @Ace

Eller checks in as our third nominee for the McBride, having just completed a tough campaign for the Wolfpack. Eller buoyed the team, who would have been in much worse shape than without him. His 0.921 sv% stands out as the second best among starters, all while facing and stopping an absurd amount of shots. Eller lead the league in GSAA by almost 3, posting an insane 28.5 GSAA. He posted just one shutout to go along with his 20 wins in 52 games.

Aidan Richan Award for Most Improved Player
The Aidan Richan Award is given to the player that has been deemed to have improved the most over past seasons. Typically it is treated as a “Breakout player of the year” award, and several previous seasons are considered for this, so that it is not just a Year over Year jump that matters.

Honorable mentions:

Ruslan Zaporozhets [1] Stars
Zoltan Toppalo [3] Barracuda
Tom Fiddler [3] Barracuda

FINALISTS:

Karl Krashwagen Platoon @CementHands

An MVP candidate this season, Krashwagen was a unanimous selection for the Richan nomination. Krashwagen had a 37 point increase over his S57 output, and a 52 point increase from his S56 campaign. While buoyed by a 104.3 PDO, Krashwagen really had everything going for him this season, leading the entire league in goals, after only scoring 12 the season prior. Krashwagen improved almost every aspect of his game, including pumping his possession numbers by over 10%. What might be most impressive is that he did this all while losing about 1.1 mins per gabe game of icetime. Truly a breakout season from the young star.

Adam Barron Stars @charlieconway

The second MVP candidate to grace this list, Barron had a terrific season for the North Stars. He lead all defenders in points, with 60, and was 4th in the league for points gained in S58 with 23. This also represented a 39 point increase from S56. His point increases mostly came from assists, where he added 22 over his previous campaign. Barron also improved most elements of his game, but disappointingly got in 2 less fights this season. He improved his +/- by 33 points too. The young defender was a shoe-in for a nomination, also garnering a unanimous selection to be a finalist from the committee.

Henrik Lekberg Osterman pride @Thatguy91

The final nominee for the Richan is yet another breakout player from the S50 draft class. Henrik Lekberg Osterman tallied 66 points, good for a 26 point improvement over S57, and a 37 point improvement over S56. His S58 improvement was good for 3rd among all skaters as well. He improved so much despite a negligible change in ice-time, and helped lead the Pride back to the playoffs, albeit in a weaker Southwest division. The nomination is well deserved, and shows his emergence into a top end player.

Tune in tonight at 6 PST/ 9 EST for the award show to find out the winners!

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2021, 12:20 PM by RedCapeDiver.)

04-08-2021, 12:06 PMreid Wrote: for 5th best for any goalie over 30 games.
you mean 31 games

if we are excluding Goodman out of rankings at least exclude him correctly

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

Soonika not getting a nom is even more egregious than Goodman missing out imo.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Once again honored to receive noms with such great players and osterman

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

04-08-2021, 12:20 PMRedCapeDiver Wrote:
04-08-2021, 12:06 PMreid Wrote: for 5th best for any goalie over 30 games.
you mean 31 games

I actually took 30 games because it specifically includes Goodman...

Goodman, Soonika, Doyle, Kavanaugh, Carpet

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!

04-08-2021, 12:23 PMreid Wrote:
04-08-2021, 12:20 PMRedCapeDiver Wrote: you mean 31 games

Lmao

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

04-08-2021, 12:23 PMreid Wrote:
04-08-2021, 12:20 PMRedCapeDiver Wrote: you mean 31 games

oh my bad i was looking at the save percentage numbers

carry on

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

CHARLIE!! GOATed

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

Quote:What might be most impressive is that he did this all while losing about 1.1 mins per gabe of icetime. Truly a breakout season from the young star.

Weird metric but I'm honoured

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

I'm honored for the nomination during a tough season for New England.

Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]
[Image: AceIn603.gif]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

04-08-2021, 12:34 PMGwdjohnson Wrote:
Quote:What might be most impressive is that he did this all while losing about 1.1 mins per gabe of icetime. Truly a breakout season from the young star.

Weird metric but I'm honoured
1.1 minutes of being exposed to such a toxic person will challenge even the most elite

CARPY HYPE TRAIN LET'S GO

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: nbb.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

I'm surprised because this comes unexpected, but thanks for the nomination! Obviously congrats to @charlieconway too!

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]

KRASH KRASH KRASH

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

S50 taking over!

Will Fiddler forever be overshadowed by the glorious career of HLO? Stay tuned and find out more at 9.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]