Create Account

Hail Bingus Draft Interview
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2021, 12:34 PM by TeyonSchavari.)

2x draft media - 609 words

The lights shine bright on a podium in Hail Bingus' hometown of Quebec, Canada. So many people have gathered in the auditorium that there is barely any room to move. Outside, more people are huddled around a giant screen that has been set up to display the interview that is being broadcasted all over the world. Enamored, looking on with bright, hopeful eyes, the crowd is overwhelmed with anticipation. Finally, out walks Bingus himself, almost floating towards the podium while an eruption of applause and cries of joy radiate throughout every corner of the planet.

"SILENCE"

The excited masses abide by the telepathic message sent out by Bingus as the noise drops to nothing. Everyone could feel Bingus inside of their brain, and it gives them a strange sense of comfort. Their god has spoken.

"Proceed. First question please."

A reporter stands up and raises his hand. He is anxious about being the first to ask a question - what if he upsets Lord Bingus?

"You may ask your question now."

"Thank you, my Lord," the reporter responds nervously. "The draft is coming up very fast. What team do you think will have the privilege of putting the Holy Bingus on the ice for them in the coming season?"

"That is a question best left to fate. I will not use my influence to sway the GM's drafting the players available in any way, including myself. The team that wants me shall have me, and my blessings. Thank you for your question, Jonathan."

He knew my name, thinks the reporter. The crowd is in awe at the omniscience of Bingus.

A woman raises her hand this time, hopeful to have the attention of our Savior.

"Speak, my child"

"Hail Bingus! You played for Colorado for the last part of the season previous - how would you feel about returning?"

"I would feel honored to be back as a part of the Raptors. Being on that team was a blessing, and I hope they still see the light in their lord and are able to draft my presence before another team can. However, if another team does take their chance on me instead, I will bless them the same way that I have blessed Colorado. Great question, Julia. I will take one more question"

Instead of another reporter standing up, a child breaks free from his parents and runs up to the front of the podium, right beneath the Holy One.

"Ah, young one, what troubles you?"

The child looks up, brimming with hope and fear. "Bingus, what if my favorite team doesn't draft you? Do I have to start liking the team that you are on even if I don't like them?"

"My child, no need to fear or worry. You are allowed to like anybody that you choose. You are not bound to root for my team, you can still root for me while not liking that team. You may still root for your favorite team even if I am not on it. You have my blessing, Jackson."

Bursting into tears of joy, the child looks up and thanks Bingus profusely. "HAIL BINGUS!" 

The crowd begins to chant along with the child. "HAIL BINGUS! HAIL BINGUS! HAIL BINGUS!"

Bingus addresses the crowd one last time: "Thank you all for coming. Many blessings shall be rained down upon all that have listened."

With that, Hail Bingus floats towards the heavens, away from the sight of mere mortals and into oblivion, waiting until the SMJHL draft before reappearing again.

[Image: HailBingus.png?width=911&height=450]

HAIL BINGUS

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2021, 12:43 PM by leviadan.)

Paging @hhh81

EDIT: hail bingus

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=65fe67b4&is=65ebf2b4&hm=a6...46085eb3f&]

04-08-2021, 12:42 PMleviadan Wrote: Paging @hhh81

EDIT: hail bingus
It is me! I am here!

...Why am I here?

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]