Create Account

Draft Profile High Haschdi

Double Media Week Bonus (2182 words)

In this article I want to tell you a bit about my future Hall of Fame player High Haschdi and something about me as a user as well. Especially the second part could be helpful for the scouts/GMs in the league for this junior draft.

About the Player
High Haschdi was born 1998 in Cologne, Germany. While his mother Sandra Haschdi works as a chief, his father Alexander earns his money as an ice hockey coach.  His father was also a professional ice hockey player in the past, where he played in the NFL for the Dallas Stars and the Anaheim Ducks, among others. At an early age, High realized that he wanted to follow in his father's footsteps and also pursue a professional ice hockey career. So he played for the junior team of the Cologne Sharks since he was five years old and they recognized his incredible talent pretty quickly. Because he was clearly better than most of the players from the same age, he was often allowed to play for youth teams with older players. As a result, he competed his first season in the U16 team of Cologne called Kölner Haie at an age of 14. He managed to score a total of 17 goals and 28 assists for a total of 45 scorer points in 30 games there. The next year, High then moved to the U16 team to the Eisbären Berlin, where he was able to significantly exceed the number of goals and assists he scored. Overall, he finished the season with 43 goals and 60 assists for a total of 103 scorer points. Unfortunately, he had to sit out the playoffs this season due to injury. The team still made it to the finals of the German championship, where they lost to the Adler Mannheim in a very close game.
The season after, High was again able to significantly surpass his personal bests and he played an outstanding season, scoring 99 goals and 93 assists in 29 games.  Haschdi also could show the great talent he has in the playoffs and he led his team to the German championship with 13 goals and 16 assists there. In addition, he was also voted MVP of the junior league this season. Especially his 3 goals and 2 assists in the last game of the German championship, which helped the team to a 5:3 victory, also attracted the attention of foreign scouts. The left winger also impressed with the national team when he managed to finish 3rd with Germany at the U17 World Championship and was named the second best player of the tournament as well as the player with the most goals.
Afterwards, similar to his father, High wanted to try his luck abroad to compete with the best players in the world. Many NHL and SMJHL teams were interested in the young talent, but in the end he chose the SMJHL and was quickly signed as a waiver pickup by the last place team, the Maine Timber. There, he joined other rookies on the fourth line immediately after his signing and helped his team improve its poor record. At the end of the season High played 20 games, scoring 2 goals and 5 assists. He had a total of 21 shots on goal, which means that his shooting percentage was slightly below 10 percent. Additionally, High Haschdi was able to add 16 hits and 8 blocked shots to his statistics for the season. In his first 20 regular seson games, his average time on the ice was only about 9 minutes and he finished with a point differential of exactly 0.
In the playoffs, Maine Timber had a very hard game against the favourite Newfoundland Berserkers, where Maine was only able to win one of the five games. High Haschdi finished the playoffs with a negative point differential of 4 after not scoring a point for a goal or an assist. He only had 1 shot on goal, 2 hits and 2 blocked shots, which show that there is still a lot of room for improvement for the young German guy.
After Maine was knocked out of the playoffs, High Haschdi immediately started preparing for the next season by doing private. He is very excited about which SMJHL team will draft him. It can be assumed that his future team will not regret signing such a talent.

About the User
Some people here already know me from the ISFL, where I am one of the GMs of the Berlin Fire Salamanders and before that I was GM of the London Royals in the Development League. I've also been an updater there for a couple of seasons. In the ISFL, I'm down to my first player in the last year before regression and the second best earner in the biggest draft class ever. I also plan to have a long career with my player here in the SHL, though I don't know yet if I'll really be max earner all the way through here, but I'll get to that later.
Now I want to start answering typical scouting questions that I know from the ISFL and/or have already been asked by scouts here in this league.

- How did I get into this league?
As a partner league of the ISFL and with many users in both leagues, I often saw conversations about the SHL and some members tried to convince me to create a player here. I wanted to wait till I have some more time and eventually after I talked with Ace a bit more about this league, I finally decided to register here and I’m really happy that I did so.

- What are my goals as a user and as a player in this league?
As a user, I hope I can contribute to a great LR atmosphere in my team. I’m not interested in GMing here in the future and I also don’t want to join a War Room, because I won’t have too much time for it and my knowledge about the SHL or hockey in general is pretty low.
As a player, I hope to get some better stats here than my player got in the ISFL so far. I want to earn lots of points and help my team to win games. I hope that I can get as much playing time as possible in my rookie season, but I also don’t expect to be above players with more TPE in the Depth Chart.
Overall, I hope to have a chance at the Hall of Fame with my player. I know that this goal is ambitious, but trying to get there will also motivate me to earn as much as possible.

- Am I interested in playing for your team? Do I have any favourite team?
I’m interested in playing for every team at the moment. I don’t really know any teams besides Maine, but most, if not all teams have some users I know from the ISFL and I’m happy to play for any team that drafts me.
I also don’t really have a favourite team. Although I really enjoyed my time in Maine and Ace referred me, I’m perfectly fine with every team and I don’t really have teams I’d rather get drafted by. It’s always fun to get to know a new team and new people yourself.

- What do I look for in a team?
I hope to find a team with a great LR atmosphere, some activity and helpful people. I would love to have a TPE task bot in the discord server to remind me of doing the tasks and hopefully also people with more knowledge than me that would help with stuff like predictions or answer any other questions I might have.
While I would definitely prefer to play for the cup, I’d also be happy with a rather weaker team as long as the points above are true for this team. Overall, having a good LR is more important for me than winning games, especially in the Development league.

- How active do I expect to be in the team’s LR?
On a scale from 1 to 10 with 10 being the highest, I’d give myself like a 6. I’ll try to be there for most of the games and I will check the LR pretty much every day, but in the end my main league and main focus will still be the ISFL.

- What type of earner am I going to be?
That’s not an easy question to answer, because I’m not 100% sure how much exactly I’m going to earn. The majority of the day I’m on a computer, so I won’t miss many easy tasks like Activity Check, weekly training or predictions, I just hope that I will see the tasks I can do in the LR of my future team as mentioned above.
I also plan on doing PTs and all tasks (I don’t really know all the tasks you can do here) at the beginning and I will also try to buy the best equipment (which is one of the reasons I’m writing this acrticle here). So, I hope to be a max earner for now, but I don’t know how long I’m going to keep that up. Maybe I’ll miss some PTs or I can’t afford the best equipment in the future, but I should definitely be able to do the basic stuff my whole career.
I might also stay a max earner and try to be the best earner in this draft class, there are some familar users in this class I’d like to compete with.

- Would I want to play at another position?
No, I would definitely prefer to play as a winger. I don’t mind which side I’m playing on and I might also be ok with playing at center, I would need tot hink about that. I don’t really want to play on defense. As already mentioned, I hopeto score some goals and have some assists with my player.

- Does my draft position matter to me?
I know that some people that expected to get drafted early and fell pretty far, were mad about it and some became less active or even quit afterwards. But I personally don’t care about my draft position at all. Otherwise I wouldn’t write this article outlining some things that show that there are definitely some better picks out there. The class looks pretty strong to me, so I can totally understand getting picked a bit later.

- Do I have any users that I would love to play with? Are there any users I don’t want to play with?
There are some users already in SMJHL teams and in the draft that I know from the ISFL and I would really like to play with. I don’t want to name all of them, because I’m sure I will forget some or I might not even know that they’re here yet. The only person I want to name is tMuse as a RL friend and a high rated prospect in this draft class. I would love to play in the same team with him here in the SHL, but if it doesn’t work out, I’m also happy to defeat his team in the future.
I don’t think there is a player in this league that I wouldn’t want to play with. I’m getting along with pretty much everyone and I didn’t really have any problems with other users in the ISFL so far.

- What am I looking for in my rookie contract?
If I understood everything correctly about contracts in the rulebook, a SMJHL prospect can only negotiate the money of his first contract and not add any additional clauses or negotiate the length of it. Moneywise I’m hoping for as much money as possible to help me out with my goal of max earning and purchasing the best equipment. From a quick glance at the budget sheet from some teams, it seems that 3 million could be something that could work for both my future team and me as a player. This number is definitely not set, especially since I don’t know too much about the contracts and if that’s asked too much, I’m also happy to take a contract for less money.

That's it. Thanks for reading the article. I'm always happy to talk to all the teams and answer additional questions, specific questions more in detail or whatever. I'm looking forward to the draft and being part of my future team.

Great stuff!

Knights

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Nice article, High!

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother