Create Account

S59 Graphics Contest: Wallpapers
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2021, 04:53 AM by Carpy48. Edit Reason: small corrections )

S59 Graphics Contest: Wallpapers
Stampede Dragons Blizzard Steelhawks Panthers Rage Monarchs Wolfpack pride Barracuda Renegades Stars Platoon Aurora syndicate Specters Argonauts Inferno Falcons Timber Kraken Scarecrows Raptors Knights Armada Whalers Berserkers Outlaws Citadelles Battleborn

Welcome to our biggest graphics contest so far - at least the biggest during my time as department head. It's certainly one of the most exciting ones. Yay 

We got a total of 30 users to sign up; one for each team in the SHL and SMJHL. They will all have a 1 out of 3 chance to be among the lucky prize winners, because we will have 10 prizes to give away. But what's even better - the results of this contest will be something everyone can use afterwards.

Every participant has been matched randomly to either an SHL or an SMJHL team now. If you got tagged here, please check the list at the bottom, find your team and start designing. 

The deadline to submit your wallpaper to us will be: April 30th, midnight EST
Voting will start on May 1st.

If for whatever reason you know already that you won't have time to participate, be nice and inform us asap in the sign-up thread. If we don't hear from you we expect you to submit something before the end of the deadline.

Submission deadline again: April 30th, midnight EST. 

How to submit your wallpaper? 
Please upload your file somewhere online (e.g. imgur) and then use this GOOGLE FORM.

We will update the participant list regularly and mark your submission as received by adding the team icon after your name, like this Shl 

What is this contest about again?

Every participant will create a desktop wallpaper for the SHL or SMJHL team they got assigned to.

What are the wallpaper requirements?

The submission should be sized 1920 x 1080px (Full HD wallpaper) and either in PNG (preferred) or JPG format. No other formats, no animations, no videos. Feel free to use our blank template in the correct dimensions.
The team logo of the assigned team needs to be somewhere on the image. Addition because of questions that came up: you are allowed to use a team's official 2nd or 3rd logos, but you cannot replace a team logo by a different image, a handdrawn version or anything else. Official league material only.
League logos are optional. Renders are optional. Really everything else is up to the designer.

You are allowed to design a larger version if you like (we got a template for that, too), but please resize it to the specified dimensions before submitting it. Mobile wallpaper versions are also optional, but won't be used for voting.

Exclamation Do not post your wallpaper on the forum before the voting starts!

How much time do I have to design my wallpaper?

From the time the user/team matchings have been posted, everyone will have two weeks to design their wallpaper and submit it. The deadline is April 30th, midnight EST. If for whatever reason you know in advance that you cannot make the deadline, be nice and inform us immediately in the sign-up thread.
You can still sign up in that thread for a potential waiting list too.

What can I win?

We will have ten total winners split up like this:

SHL part

1st place: $6M
2nd place: $5M
3rd place: $4M
4th place: $3M
5th place: $2M
6th place: $1.25M

SMJHL part

1st place: $6M
2nd place: $5M
3rd place: $4M
4th place: $3M

How will the voting be organized?

The SHL contest and SMJHL contest are separate contests. The SHL one will be larger (18 teams) and the SMJHL one slightly smaller (12 teams). Public voting will happen afterwards in three rounds. Almost a bit like a playoff bracket.

SHL contest voting

First round:

4 groups:
Great Lakes (4 users)
Atlantic (5 users)
Northwest (5 users)
Southwest (4 users)

This sounds slightly 'unfair', but the best we can do here. It's like the playoffs Smile

The two users from each group that receive the most votes will proceed to round 2.

Second round:

East (4 users)
West (4 users)

The three users from each group that receive the most votes will proceed to the third and final round.

Final round:

6 finalists

Every user in this final round will win a prize. The order is determined by the amount of votes everyone will receive. In case of a tie, all graphics graders that don't actively participate in the contest will get an extra vote.

TL;DR: like this
[Image: unknown.png]

SMJHL contest voting

First round:

2 groups:
East Atlantic (6 users)
West Pacific (6 users)

edit: I'm dumb, obviously the SMJHL conferences have names too - so we'll go by Atlantic Conference and Pacific Conference here (ignore the names in the graphics)

The four users from each group that receive the most votes will proceed to round 2.

Second round:

Atlantic (4 users)
Pacific  (4 users)

The two users from each group that receive the most votes will proceed to the third and final round.

Final round:

4 finalists

Every user in this final round will win a prize. The order is determined by the amount of votes everyone will receive. In case of a tie, all graphics graders that don't actively participate in the contest will get an extra vote.

TL;DR: like this

Can I submit my wallpaper for grading if I didn't win anything?

Yes. Everyone who doesn't place among the top 6 (or top 4 on SMJHL) finalists is allowed to submit their wallpaper for grading and receive a 2x bonus. These will be graded in the 'art' category. Make sure to write a note in the weekly submission thread that your wallpaper was part of this contest so the graders are informed.

Other questions? Ask them here in the thread.
Stampede Dragons Blizzard Steelhawks Panthers Rage Monarchs Wolfpack pride Barracuda Renegades Stars Platoon Aurora syndicate Specters Argonauts Inferno Falcons Timber Kraken Scarecrows Raptors Knights Armada Whalers Berserkers Outlaws Citadelles Battleborn

List of participants:

Team - User name - Received submission? (Team icon next to name = submission received)

SHL contest:

Northwest:
Calgary Dragons: @GeckoeyGecko  Dragons
Edmonton Blizzard: @Ruggsy  Blizzard
Minnesota Monarchs: @Patty  Monarchs
Seattle Argonauts: @Ragnar  Argonauts
Winnipeg Aurora: @Matteo  Aurora

Southwest:
Los Angeles Panthers: @Julio Tokolosh  Panthers
New Orleans Specters: @fever95  Specters
San Francisco Pride: @Jumbobone19  pride
Texas Renegades: @qWest  Renegades

Great Lakes:
Buffalo Stampede: @Wasty  Stampede
Chicago Syndicate: @juniped  syndicate
Hamilton Steelhawks: @SlashACM  Steelhawks
Toronto North Stars: @sulovilen  Stars

Atlantic:
Atlanta Inferno: @EricNCSU  Inferno
Baltimore Platoon: @leviadan  Platoon
Manhattan Rage: @tweedledunn  Rage
New England Wolfpack: @Amidships  Wolfpack
Tampa Bay Barracuda: @ckroyal92Barracuda

SMJHL contest:

Pacific:
Anaheim Outlaws: @Capt_Blitzkrieg  Outlaws
Anchorage Armada: @takethehorizon  Armada
Colorado Raptors: @Kyamprac  Raptors
Kelowna Knights: @Keven  Knights
Nevada Battleborn: @siddhus  Battleborn
Vancouver Whalers: @OrbitingDeath  Whalers

Atlantic:
Carolina Kraken: @Mooney  Kraken
Detroit Falcons: @HanTheMan_  Falcons
Maine Timber: @FlappyGiraffe  Timber
Newfoundland Berserkers: @sköldpaddor  Berserkers
Quebec City Citadelles: @TapdancingNecrons  Citadelles
St. Louis Scarecrows: @reid  Scarecrows

Submit your wallpaper via this google form.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

hype!!!!

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

Weird I didn't get a notif

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

So many experienced graphic makers... and then me   Blink

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

drain the lakes

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

I also didn't get a notification but LET'S GO

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

i got 4 notifications, so i'll share mine with slash and patty.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

:eyes:

This is going to be so cool!

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Don't blame me, blame the forum. But okay, I will message everyone individually after matching to make sure they got it.

sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]

No way im gonna win, but hope on a favourable matchup to win atleast a round

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

yeaaaa boi

[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

04-12-2021, 05:21 PMJulio Tokolosh Wrote: i got 4 notifications, so i'll share mine with slash and patty.

I'll trade you a notif for 4 dollars

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

Matching is done. I hope this time tagging actually worked.

Stars Lions Berserkers

04-16-2021, 11:10 AMCarpy48 Wrote: Matching is done. I hope this time tagging actually worked.

It did but there must be a mistake! It just says poop next to my name instead of a team