Create Account

Winners of S58 IIHF Fantasy!

I'm excited to finally announce the winners of the IIHF Fantasy experiment I tried this season. I hope that this activity can evolve and grow into something more fun and excitin.

The rules were that the top 10% submissions would win $1,000,000. We had 184 submissions, and I took that to mean the top 18 ranked submissions. Thankfully, there was a tie at 18, meaning that the next submission down was ranked 20th, and so rounding up or down wouldn't have mattered, because we'd still have 19 winners either way.

Without further adieu, here are the 19 winners
@Nictox, @Jobin, @KlusteR, @FinnRhys, @krazko, @Lime, @Thatguy91, @Mika_Kandinsky, @Rankle, @Zoone16, @RotticusScott, @Hallsy, @charlieconway, @jRuutu, @Muford, @gucci, @fever95, @spooked, @HabsFan6776

[Image: 5gRjYqS.png]

And here's the top 30 forwards

Name Points
Henrik Lekberg Osterman 88
Julio Tokolosh 84.8
Martijn Westbroek 84.6
Jon Forty-One 83.5
Theo Morgan 82.6
Vorian Atreides 80.5
Jack Kanoff 79
Bobby Lane 77.7
Michael Scarn 76.2
Tony Pepperoni 75.3
Andreas Kvalheim 75.3
Aron Hernadivic 75.3
Eko van Otter 75
Karl Krashwagen 71.7
Monkey D. Luffy 71.4
Ruslan Zaporozhets 71.2
Akira Ren 68.8
Aaron Wilson 67.5
Esa Parmborg 67.4
Daniel Smeb 66.5
Nick Brain 65.5
Kaarlo Kekkonen 64.5
Boris Poroshenko 63.8
Goku Muerto 63.7
Mika Kandinsky 62.1
Jakub Bruchevski 62.1
Adam Scianna 61.1
Kriss Darzins 60.5
Cal Labovitch 59.8
Ivan Maximus 59.2

And the top 30 Defensemen

Name Points
FR Finn-Rhys 77.4
Karlstra?e Scholz 76.9
Gabriel Johnson 74
Abel Skinner 73
Adam Barron 71.6
Lyle Odelein III 68.7
Kaspars Claude 64.7
Zlatan Ibrahimovic Jr. 64.3
Dominic Montgomery 63.3
Cassius Darrow 63.2
Mathias Seger 63
Parker Smeb 62
Samuel Michaud 59.3
Brennan Kennedy Jr. 59.2
Jakob Hamr 58.7
Nicholas Owens 57.5
Rex Kirkby 56
Valentin Kalashnikov 55.6
Corey Kennedy 53.5
Bjorn Leppanen 53
Chris Goodname 51.6
Magnus Liljestr?m 51
Barret McCarthy 50.9
Nat Emerson 49.9
Mikkel Asmus Sondergard 49.5
Sven Yxskaft 49.1
Guy O'Shea 48.9
Alex Petrenko 48
Disisde Dayudie 47.7
Erben Kasius 47.6

And All of the Team's Goalies
USA - 97.6
SWE - 93
RUS - 89.4
GER - 85.1
GBR - 80.9
CAN - 77.7
SWI - 77.5
NOR - 72.8
CZH - 66.5
JPN - 63.1
LTV - 57.4
AUT - 56.3
IRL - 52.9
FIN - 51.7

The best possible answer was Henrik Lekberg Osterman, FR Finn-Rhys, and Team USA with 263 points, 13.2 points ahead of this season's top guesser

Bank requests will be made soon.

Let me know what you thought of it! Any ideas for how to make things more interesting?

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2021, 01:33 PM by PremierBromanov.)

Worth noting Nictox's guess had the 4th, 6th, and 1st best answers (F, D, G)
Fever and gucci managed to win with the 19th, 5th, and 2nd best answers

So, the margins are really thin. It was way more important to select a good goaltender and d-man than it was to pick a great forward

Many of you also picked Guy Zheng as a defenseman, even though he switched to forward last season and we've been deploying him as a forward the last 2 or 3 seasons regardless. Per the rules, you received 0 points for this pick.

Many of you picked Alexander Selich, which turned out to be the worst-guessed defenseman in the sheet. Besides players who did not actually play.

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG

Oh and If you're like "how did I do?"

Here you go https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...1186429644

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG

Let's go!

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

222 points. not bad! This was pretty awesome thing to do! Hope to see it again next tournament.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2021, 01:19 PM by Henrik.)

I very much enjoyed this, great work!

Although, I think adding another skater would make it a little more interesting. So a team of 3 and a goalie. Maybe that's just me.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

04-12-2021, 01:18 PMThatguy91 Wrote: I very much enjoyed this, great work!

Although, I think adding another skater would make it a little more interesting. So a team of 3 and a goalie. Maybe that's just me.

I think I would love 3 Forwards, 2 D and a G

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG

Nice! I like them moneys.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Easyy

[Image: wMOao8d.png]

9 seasons of regular Fantasy : 0 top 4s, 4 5th positions

1st season of IIHF Fantasy : 3rd OA

...can we do this every season? Please, and thank you.

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

04-12-2021, 02:34 PMKlusteR Wrote: 9 seasons of regular Fantasy : 0 top 4s, 4 5th positions

1st season of IIHF Fantasy : 3rd OA

...can we do this every season? Please, and thank you.

You won the same amount of money either way :eyes:

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG

wheres my tpe

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

Only "concern" I would have is that there didnt seem to be a central location where people can see what players are actually on and playing for their national team in the tournament. That could've just been an oversight on my part but I never found anywhere that actually listed them until the index was updated post-submission

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]

04-12-2021, 06:41 PMFinnRhys Wrote: Only "concern" I would have is that there didnt seem to be a central location where people can see what players are actually on and playing for their national team in the tournament. That could've just been an oversight on my part but I never found anywhere that actually listed them until the index was updated post-submission

Maybe roster announcements should be made mandatory for all teams. Some always post them in media but definitely not all of them.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]

agab

[Image: unknown.png]

"Bring back Pingy Pingu Lunga Gumba esq. And I mean bring him all the way back. I want every thread on this forum that involves even a modicum of salt to get razed to the ground by our most notorious shitposting penguin. I want every thunderdome to drown in ABAGABA spam and a signature that doesn't end. I want the userbase of this fine league to cower in terror, slinking about the forums and making as little noise as possible for fear of attracting the Shitpost Slenderman. When some poor immigrant from the NFL sim blunders into the forum and makes an angry post about how his player slipped to the early second round despite having done ALL the rookie tasks(!), let the veteran survivalists stare in horror and pity while the newbie rages. They will know it is only a matter of time before @Pingy Pingu descends upon his post like a ravening wolf and obliterates his tread, reducing it to a radioactive waste-dump of unintelligible spam. They will not interfere, for Pingy is our immune system. Because he can take it. Our Dark Knight of Shitposting"

Sig credit to @WannabeFinn @JSS @Mordaciious @Mayuu @TommySalami
                                              Falcons banner credit to @karey