Create Account

S59 SMJHL PT #1 - New places

With yet another Hagan entering the league, on the heels of his older brother James, Jonathon Hagan knew he might expect a welcome from the Outlaws on behalf of their former teammate. He knew his older brother had a reputation for being a party animal - the main reason he didn't go anywhere after his draft - and the Outlaws wanted to see if he was the same way. When Hagan entered the locker room for the 9PM "team meeting," he was met with some senior Outlaws, with nobody else in sight. A disgusting stench still hung over the room, much to his confusion, but the older players brought out their weapons in this hazing incident - a cooler full of a mysterious liquid. What followed was Hagan being forced to drink copious amounts of the liquid - which consisted of several different types of liquor, sodas, juices, etc. all thrown together. He was forced to drink until he was blackout, which was not easily done, as nobody knew how much alcohol was in the hooch, but by the end of the night he was throwing up in his new stall, which he had been told was a trash can.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Unwinding in the sauna after a hard pre-season training session
[Image: 4c4jZmo.png]

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

Satoru Gojō was the only rookie selected in the draft by the Kelowna Knights with the 10th overall pick. As you would expect, Kelowna’s players are as ready for hazing as any team would be, however the small crop of rookies meant that all of the hazing would fall onto the head of Satoru in a way he would likely not be ready for.
For the most part, first introductions went pretty normally; the rest of the team being older than Satoru meant they were more relaxed in their positions and were able to make him feel at home quite quickly. Sometimes it may be difficult for rookies to leave home and travel to an entirely new country - Gojō, for example, travelled 7700km to join his teammates from his home in Tokyo - but the warmth of the welcome during the early pre-season training camp made him feel as home as he ever could be in his new surrounding.
It wouldn’t be long however until the hazing began, and after the final day of this training camp Gojō - along with undrafted rookie Corey McFarland - would be put through extra special drills supervised by the captains of the team. Unsurprising in hindsight, and definitely difficult to complete, but it helped to make the bond of this strong Kelowna team even stronger during what looks to be the beginning of a push for championship glory.

Code:
236 words

[Image: 1PU6YuX.png]
         [Image: JiycRrd.png]

Code:
Written option: You just walked into the lockerroom for the first time. How did your new teammates respond? Did they organize anything to welcome you and the other draftees to the team? Must include 150 words.

J.J. James Jamerson Angler joined the Main Timber locker room as soon as he entered the league when he was picked up as a DFA.
Tho that was only for a short while and after the Season ended he was sitting at home waiting for the Draft to start.
When the phone rang he was super excited to hear that Maine Timber decided to pick him up again! Most scouts he had contact with speculated that Angler would be picked early in R1 so Maine was a excited to have him drop to R2 and picked him up immediately.
So when Angler walked into the Locker Room again it was just like coming back home. And finding some new friends who got drafted.
Sadly draft day also means saying goodbye to some guys he met in Maine that were also DFAs. But nonetheless he will share the Ice with those again even tho it's not on the same

(161 Words)

[Image: tgsnOlT.png]

Update Page | Player Page

When my name got called up, my heart leaped into my throat. It was the team I wanted to be drafted by, and it’s going to be fun to play for them and show why they made the right choice drafting me. When I walked into the locker room for the first time, I could’ve sworn that everyone stopped talking and looked at me. I was the newbie, and there’s no telling how they would react to me. To my surprise, a cheer came from the group. “Here’s the newbie,” and “Welcome to the team” was what was cheered. It seemed to be a good group. Handshakes and claps on the back while introducing me to everyone took a minute. After I met everyone, my right hand was sore and my back started to hurt from all the claps on the back. The GM met me, and talked about how I was someone he wanted to draft, and the confidence that it gave me was through the roof. All in all, I’m excited for this season and to make a big splash. 

As an extremely raw but well balanced big guy hailing from Sweden, Eric Tokke wasn't sure what to expect come draft day. He didn't expect to go within the first two rounds, as he was a brand new prospect in the S60 draft class, and his name came up at the very end of only a few SMHJL mock drafts. After two rounds went by, Eric's anticipation started to grow. He had spoken with about half of the teams in the league prior to the draft, but in between watching the stream of the draft and dealing with customers at his families home decor retail business (Input Shameless Plug: Double Docs Design tell your wife/gf to come check us out) he found it difficult to keep track of what teams those even were. Pick after pick in the third round went by, then finally Eric Tokke popped up on the screen, drafted by the Colorado Raptors. "Now were TOKKE-NG!!!!" erupted as he entered the locker room, knowing that this was the start of the long journey towards a championship in the SMHJL, and hopefully, with the help of some great mentors and teammates, a long career in the big leagues.

Quote:You just walked into the lockerroom for the first time. How did your new teammates respond? Did they organize anything to welcome you and the other draftees to the team? Must include 150 words.

It was a pleasant experience walking into the Anaheim Outlaws locker room for the first time for sure. So many faces excited to see me there. I think a lot of it has to do with going first overall in the draft, and having a celebrity like Gilbert Gottfried announce the pick! (I don't even know that guy, but I've reached out to him, super nice guy, and hilarious as you might expect). I was welcomed with open arms and, surprisingly, no rookie hazing. I guess that's what happens when you get picked so highly in a draft. I dunno. I do know I'm looking for Apex Legends players in the locker room one at a time. Maybe we can start some streaming between games and in the offseason? I'm not sure what kind of viewer numbers I would get, but I'm betting a fanbase like Anaheim's would love to tune in and watch their players do good (or royally suck) at some video games!

It's a few days before draft day. Monsieur Pingy Pingu Lunga Gumba, Esq woke up from a good night's rest in his humble abode in Penguin Town. He has a hearty fish breakfast with his parents and siblings. Then he packs up his hockey gear and waves goodbye to all his friends as he heads on the plane to the Detroit Falcons stadium, with whom he had accepted a contract. You see, Monsieur Pingy was too cool for the draft so he was already signed out of the gate. "Bye guys I am off to be a hockey star!" Pingy arrives at his beautiful apartment in Detroit with his fellow rookies Zak Wilson and Mike Doctor. They chatted about their experiences and such before going to the Falcons stadium for a tour. They were greeted by a very warm surprise welcome by their management and fellow teammates at the locker room. Pingy was presented his very own dressing area complete with a fresh fish bar. I think he will very much like it here with the Falcons.

179 words

[Image: unknown.png]

"Bring back Pingy Pingu Lunga Gumba esq. And I mean bring him all the way back. I want every thread on this forum that involves even a modicum of salt to get razed to the ground by our most notorious shitposting penguin. I want every thunderdome to drown in ABAGABA spam and a signature that doesn't end. I want the userbase of this fine league to cower in terror, slinking about the forums and making as little noise as possible for fear of attracting the Shitpost Slenderman. When some poor immigrant from the NFL sim blunders into the forum and makes an angry post about how his player slipped to the early second round despite having done ALL the rookie tasks(!), let the veteran survivalists stare in horror and pity while the newbie rages. They will know it is only a matter of time before @Pingy Pingu descends upon his post like a ravening wolf and obliterates his tread, reducing it to a radioactive waste-dump of unintelligible spam. They will not interfere, for Pingy is our immune system. Because he can take it. Our Dark Knight of Shitposting"

Sig credit to @WannabeFinn @JSS @Mordaciious @Mayuu @TommySalami
                                              Falcons banner credit to @karey

As you sit there in the stands, watching the names go up on the board wondering when yours will get called, you get nervous. The first round passed through and you are still sitting there and you are wondering if it will ever be announced. Lucky for me in the second round I finally heard my name at pick 18. It was a thrill finally hearing my name called, you walk down to the stage, receive your jersey, and meet your new general manager. The one thing that a lot of players leave out after being drafted if from that moment on your life is on a completely different path. The teammates you battled with over the last season aren't in the locker room anymore, the coaches aren't the same, everything changes with the calling of your name. Luckily when I showed up to meet my new team I was surrounded by my fellow rookies. I walked in with Bjorn Bjorn and Osada Tamura, when we entered the room the team was waiting with open arms. They truly made us feel wanted and were incredibly friendly, and its a big step to hopefully having a big rookie year with Carolina.

[Image: HIXWkkp.gif]

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

JOHN LANGABEER NETS IT AND TIES THE GAME!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN LANGABEER JUST SCORED THE 2 BIGGEST GOALS OF HIS CAREER IN A MATTER OF 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

WEST KENDALL TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

S41 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7, Game Tying and Game Winning Goals.

On draft day, it was a nervous time for young Mikhail Novikov. Meeting new teammates, learning pieces of a mostly new language, it is a stressful time. Novikov, who was expecting to go maybe a little higher than he was picked, was nervous. He carries himself confidently on the ice, but off ice he can get a little nervous for draft day. But, who doesn't? Upon getting drafted and settling into Anchorage, which isn't too far of a stretch from his native Russia, he was met by a variety of new faces. His fellow draftees, and most of the Anchorage players who have been with the team for one or two seasons. Training camp was hard, but beneficial as Novikov got to settle in on the North American ice a little bit more and learn how his game will transfer over from the International ice to the smaller, more compact ice in the SMJHL & SHL.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

High Haschdi was very proud getting selected with the 18th overall pick in the SMJHL draft by the Anaheim Outlaws, definitely one of his preferred drafting destinations. He joined the lockerroom immediately after getting drafted and was warmly welcomed by the coaches and players there. They all knew what a great player they got falling in the second round and were hyped about Haschdi and about the other draftees as well. The first overall pick Center Stan Din'desque even got celebrity Gilbert Gottfried to announce his pick, which shows how much the organization in Anaheim cares about their players and that they would do everything to help their players and especially their rookies feel really wanted.
Soon after the Draft, the Outlaws started their training camp, where all draftees had to sing a song in front of the whole team, which was a very fun event for everyone involved and helped bringing the team closer together.

(157 words)
(This post was last modified: 04-14-2021, 08:12 AM by tweedledunn.)

[Image: 3eGCnsJ.png]

@LordBirdman snaps a selfie/shot of @Jumbobone19 presenting Gonzo Gobbledygook his contract and salary in the Raptors locker room

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

Hail Bingus was happy to have a new team to do his bidding for him. Or, I mean, he was happy to join a new team and definitely not act as their God. After being a part of the Colorado Raptors for a very short time prior to being drafted by the Quebec City Citadelles, he questioned whether or not this new team would adhere to the Word of Bingus. However, with Quebec being the home town of Bingus, he wasn't too concerned. Any fears that he may have had quickly vanished after being welcomed into the locker room with open arms. As soon as he entered the team space in the locker room, chants of "HAIL BINGUS" rained down upon the naked feline almost immediately. It seemed that the team was enamored by the prospects of sharing a locker room with Hail Bingus himself. Now that Bingus is finally home, he is ready to bring his teammates together under his Holy rule and help them win a championship!

[Image: HailBingus.png?width=911&height=450]

I walked into the room and was greeted jovially!  Everyone was congratulating me on my new contract.  They had seen the headlines and seem to of been waiting for a new goaltender to provide a future for the team. 
I was immediately approached by Jarmo Kekalainen.  He explained that he saw my story and was excited to hear that he helped me with my decision, without even knowing it. 
The rest of the team was preparing for their 3rd preseason game, so I made sure to not disturb anyone, yet.  Even though I was dying to meet Yanno Rosejac.
The manager, Birdman, invited me up into his box to watch the first game.  Unfortunately, we lost the game 5-8 but it was a good first experience with my new team.  Obviously, we had a lot to learn and I was as excited as ever to be with my new teammates on my journey.

Japan Outlaws Blizzard  Blizzard Outlaws Japan

[Image: Talls.gif]

[Image: aAYvaDO.png][Image: wFihEpr.png][Image: FcT7qtH.png][Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: o2NPreS.png]

As I walked into my new locker room, I was greeted by what you might think were old friends.  I was confused, as they were acting like they had met me before.  I could tell this is a real tight knit group of guys.  They were going on, telling me about the teams history, a Four Star Cup win in season 53, a weird history of pickle juice, the serious case of ligma that had previously cursed the locker room.  While reminiscing, I could see a glimmer of hope in each player’s eye.  A glimmer that told me that they were all ready to win the cup this year.  A feeling of excitement washed over me and I felt as if I could run through a brick wall.  Feeding off the energy in the room, lacing up the skates, I was ready to hit the ice.  This season cannot come soon enough, even if I have to earn my ice time.

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]