Create Account

SMJHL Draft Interview

SMJHL DRAFT INTERVIEW
GREYSON COOPER
APRIL 11th, 2021
3:00PM

Greyson Cooper arrived at the arena around 1:00PM on Sunday afternoon, he had a couple media interviews scheduled as he was projected to go in the first round. The day he was waiting for his whole life was finally here and he was ready to meet his new teammates and see where his new home would be. Prior to the draft he had been scouted by 10 teams in the SMJHL so he truly had no idea where he would end up. Cooper finished with his interviews around 2:30PM  and found his seat in the arena with his parents.

The first pick was ready to be announced, to his surprise instead of the Anaheim Outlaws general managers walking up the stairs it was Gilbert Gottfried who was going to be announcing the first overall pick. “I am pleased to select with the first overall pick of the SMJHL draft Stan Din'desque” the crowd went wild with cheers and laugher. They took their picture and soon the second overall pick was in. The general manager of Maine Timber walked up to the microphone and selected Duncan The Walrus, another elite prospect on the list. Greyson's hands started to sweat and his heart began to race because he knew his interviews with Quebec went really well. The general managers walked up to the stage and up to the podium “We are pleased to select with the 3rd overall pick Left Winger Greyson Cooper to the Quebec City Citadelles”. Cooper says he barely remembers what was said but he stood up, hugged his parents, handed them his suit jacket and walked to the stage. He smiled for a picture and right there he saw his jersey with his name on it for the first time. This had been a dream come true for Cooper to be drafted 3rd overall to his top destination.

[Image: cropped_GettyImages-542889534.jpg?ts=1466827304]

We caught up with Greyson for a couple questions regarding the draft and his new team.

Reporter: First off we would like to congratulate you on being selected 3rd overall to the Quebec City Citadelles! Was this a team on your radar?

Greyson: Thank you, I appreciate it! Yes from the beginning this was a team I had my eyes on, they had just won the four star cup and I had been in talks with their general manager for quite some time. The scouting experience was great and I truly learned what type of player they were looking for.  I love their branding and it's something that sold me right from the beginning.

Reporter:
Do you think you can live up to the expectations of such a high first round pick?

Greyson: Yes of course, my goal is to show everyone what i'm capable of and show off all of the hard work i've put in to get to this exact moment.  I've made it this far, I'm not going to let anyone down, especially my teammates. I'm going to put in the time and effort to become the best offensive winger that I can be.

Reporter: What are your expectations for this season?

Greyson: I want to play on a team that wants to win and a team that wants to come to the rink to put in the work everyday. I've heard such good things about this organization and I know I will have no problem fitting in with their cores and values. I've heard they lost some good players this season due to call up but that just means I have bigger shoes to fill and that's something I plan on doing.

Reporter: Thank you for your time Greyson, we look forward to following your career and wish you and Quebec City all of the success

[Image: cut.jpg]

Citadelles Citadelles Citadelles Citadelles Citadelles
Quote:Double Media Week  - 630 Words 

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

Good luck with your rookie season Greyson!

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

Citadelles

[Image: canada.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png] [Image: canada.png]
[Image: kCJ1DKs.png]
[Image: ylp6Su9.png]
[Image: citadelles.png] [Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: 1I2bN7C.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: citadelles.png]

Citadelles Citadelles Citadelles Citadelles Citadelles

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]