Create Account

Some Players to Watch Out For as the Season Gets Rolling
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2021, 02:44 PM by Pingy Pingu.)

So the Season 59 Smjhl Draft has ended and it looks like we have quite the season ahead of us.  We have many up-and-comers to look out for in the coming weeks.  I can name a few players that look moderately enticing and could be some serious playmakers once they hit the SHL.  There is definitely some great talent out there. 

One name that comes up loudly is Greyson Cooper, who plays for the Quebec City Citadelles.  Now some would say Greyson is already ahead of the game with his strong stats backing him up.  He has strong offensive capability. He is able to get open pretty often, he can get in front of other players to look for that steal, he can handle the puck pretty well, and he is a good shooter.  He is pretty speedy on the ice too, he can skate pretty quick and use his energy when he needs to.  He seems like a good all-around left winger but there are some areas that he certainly lacks in.  The most critical is his passing.  He can't seem to pass very well when the game needs him to and as a left winger, this is something that will hurt him if he doesn't improve.  He also isn't very aggressive and doesn't like to put himself in sticky situations. 

Igor Bursov, an Anaheim Outlaws centreman from Russia, is someone unique to this league.  He doesn't have very strong offensive stats, so he is definitely more of a defensive center whom will be a good asset for any defensive line.  Although he is more of a defensive player he has a decent shot.  A right winger to watch out for is none other than Hail Bingus, also from the Quebec City Citadelles.  This guy has really strong physical capability on the ice. He can speed up the ice very quickly, he is pretty agile and a decent shot.  However, his defensive abilities are severely lacking and he isn't very aggressive.  He is a better passer than Cooper though. 

From the Detroit Falcons roster comes a left defense, Zak Wilson.  This guy is one to watch out for as he has a lot of potential.  He can handle the puck well, he has got good defensive read, he is fast and strong, and he can pass pretty well.  He should improve his shooting ability because you can't have enough snipers am I right?  Anyway, Zak is going to be a good addition to any SHL team he finds his stick in. 

I am not done with the Detroit Falcons yet because there is one more I would like to talk about.  Mike Doctor, a United States-born centreman from Elk Pain, is looking like a great all-around player.  When you look at his stats you will see he has good offensive and defensive abilities.  He can handle the puck, shoot, pass, and play faceoffs without much difficulty.  He can also get in front of other players and help out with defense when he needs to.  On top of that, he isn't afraid to put himself in sticky places in order to gain possession.

The falcons have certainly snagged a gem with Mike Doctor.  I can't finish off without naming a canadian goalie with the Quebec City Citadelles, Nor Dekes.  This guy has impressive stats.  His strongest skills are his positioning, reflexes and recovery.  He will be a good asset to a team looking for a goalie to stop those pesky rebounds.  All this new talent is just begging for a shake up in the SMJHL and it will be a good show for all the fans.  Pingy Pingu out.

628 agabas ready for grading

[Image: unknown.png]

"Bring back Pingy Pingu Lunga Gumba esq. And I mean bring him all the way back. I want every thread on this forum that involves even a modicum of salt to get razed to the ground by our most notorious shitposting penguin. I want every thunderdome to drown in ABAGABA spam and a signature that doesn't end. I want the userbase of this fine league to cower in terror, slinking about the forums and making as little noise as possible for fear of attracting the Shitpost Slenderman. When some poor immigrant from the NFL sim blunders into the forum and makes an angry post about how his player slipped to the early second round despite having done ALL the rookie tasks(!), let the veteran survivalists stare in horror and pity while the newbie rages. They will know it is only a matter of time before @Pingy Pingu descends upon his post like a ravening wolf and obliterates his tread, reducing it to a radioactive waste-dump of unintelligible spam. They will not interfere, for Pingy is our immune system. Because he can take it. Our Dark Knight of Shitposting"

Sig credit to @WannabeFinn @JSS @Mordaciious @Mayuu @TommySalami
                                              Falcons banner credit to @karey

NOOT NOOT

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

NOOT NOOT

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]