Create Account

(Graded) Deep Dive #2: Les St. Louis Cacacrows
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2021, 05:09 PM by Leppish.)

Bonjour!  Today I, Monsieur Pingy Pingu Lunga Gumba Esq, will be deep-diving into the St. Louis Scarecrows, also known as the St. Louis Cacacrows.  First off, Let's look at the Scarecrows' gameplay.  I am not making up anything here by saying that St. Louis had a really bad 58th season.  It was so bad, in fact, that they actually managed to do worse than they did in the 57th season by 7.6%.  19 wins, 40 losses, 7 overtime losses and a +/- of 0.67 makes up a measly 45 points for the St. Louis Scarecrows' 58th run.  The only team that performed worse than the Scarecrows, out of both the east and west conferences, I should add, was Maine Timber.  That is not exactly a favourable position.

Second, I will be doing a dive into the player analysis.  Starting with the centres, there is the rookie, Jeffry MacCabe, along with Brent Ashe, Scooby Doo, and Victor Federov.  Jeffry MacCabe and Brent Ashe are very early in their careers, so they still have work to do.  That said,  MacCabe is a more strength and defense oriented centre with weak offensive stats.  Brent Ashe is more balanced, however there isn't anything that stands out yet.  Scooby Doo is a decent player who is good at being able to get himself open and lined up for a shot on net, with which he is fairly accurate.  Victor Federov is the strongest of their centremen, who has strong physical and defensive traits that make him able to provide effective support in the defensive zone.  He is fairly decent offensively, however it is not his strong suit.

The forward lineup of the St. Louis Scarecrows consists of the right wings Nikolai Ayerzov, Igor Isyanov (both rookies), Lebron Brady, Zbynek Dobrovsky, Friedensreich Hundertwasser and Greg Davies.  The left wings are Maverick Seabrook and Hunter Sharpe.  The rookies, Nikolai Ayerzov and Igor Isyanov, are both fairly balanced players with Igor being a stronger skater.  They can both get up and get shots on goal but there is much work needed in that area for them.  Lebron Brady, Zbynek Dobrovsky, Friedensreich Hundertwasser and Greg Davies are all strong offensively so they are able to pass, handle the puck and get those shots effectively.  Hundertwasser is the speediest of all the wingers.  Hunter Sharpe has good offensive and backchecking abilities, and his strongest skills are in puck handling and passing.  Sharpe is also aggressive enough to fight for the puck in sticky situations.  Maverick Seabrook is not a very good winger.  He has fairly weak offensive skills, so he is not able to get himself open and shoot on net very well.  He needs to improve his shooting ability and offensive skills in order to prove himself a little more.

The defensive lineup consists of Major Chip Hazard, Mars Stanton, Marcel Beck and Ethan Bouchard along with the goalies Iorek Byrnison and Dustin Alexxander.  The defense are pretty weak across the board.  They can skate, but that's about it.  None of them are very strong defensively and none of them can snipe.  This is certainly a weak point for the Crows.  Dustin Alexander is still a rookie so he has his work cut out for him, and Byrnison is fairly decent and looks like he is the one carrying the whole team throughout the games.

Looking at the Scarecrows more deeply, it is not hard to find out why they don't perform very well.  They have very weak centremen and defense, with the only decent players being wingers.  They severely lack defensive capability and shooting range if I may add.  Are the Scarecrows in a rebuild? If so, if their rebuild is anything like the Ottawa Senators then they will be in a rut for quite a while.  Pingy out.

635 words for Deep Dive 2.  I would like to claim this as a rookie task and I would also like a $1m bonus for being early.  Thank you for your time.

Approved! +5 TPE @pingy pingu

[Image: unknown.png]

"Bring back Pingy Pingu Lunga Gumba esq. And I mean bring him all the way back. I want every thread on this forum that involves even a modicum of salt to get razed to the ground by our most notorious shitposting penguin. I want every thunderdome to drown in ABAGABA spam and a signature that doesn't end. I want the userbase of this fine league to cower in terror, slinking about the forums and making as little noise as possible for fear of attracting the Shitpost Slenderman. When some poor immigrant from the NFL sim blunders into the forum and makes an angry post about how his player slipped to the early second round despite having done ALL the rookie tasks(!), let the veteran survivalists stare in horror and pity while the newbie rages. They will know it is only a matter of time before @Pingy Pingu descends upon his post like a ravening wolf and obliterates his tread, reducing it to a radioactive waste-dump of unintelligible spam. They will not interfere, for Pingy is our immune system. Because he can take it. Our Dark Knight of Shitposting"

Sig credit to @WannabeFinn @JSS @Mordaciious @Mayuu @TommySalami
                                              Falcons banner credit to @karey

GET FUCKED SCARECROWS

[Image: unknown.png]

"Bring back Pingy Pingu Lunga Gumba esq. And I mean bring him all the way back. I want every thread on this forum that involves even a modicum of salt to get razed to the ground by our most notorious shitposting penguin. I want every thunderdome to drown in ABAGABA spam and a signature that doesn't end. I want the userbase of this fine league to cower in terror, slinking about the forums and making as little noise as possible for fear of attracting the Shitpost Slenderman. When some poor immigrant from the NFL sim blunders into the forum and makes an angry post about how his player slipped to the early second round despite having done ALL the rookie tasks(!), let the veteran survivalists stare in horror and pity while the newbie rages. They will know it is only a matter of time before @Pingy Pingu descends upon his post like a ravening wolf and obliterates his tread, reducing it to a radioactive waste-dump of unintelligible spam. They will not interfere, for Pingy is our immune system. Because he can take it. Our Dark Knight of Shitposting"

Sig credit to @WannabeFinn @JSS @Mordaciious @Mayuu @TommySalami
                                              Falcons banner credit to @karey