Create Account

Budget Team/HO Punishment + Changes/Fixes

Hi, rookie who accepted a higher-than-minimum contract here. I specifically asked for my contract to be done last so that I’d only get money we didn’t need for something more important.

Punishment came down after my contract, asked if we could renegotiate it and HO said no.

You really typed “The issue in this rule stems from the poor wording of the example, as it's lack of clarity actually causes it to be read in a way that contradicts the first section of the rule... my poor choice of words resulted in a situation that was messy and troublesome for a lot of parties.” and concluded the best course of action was to impose a cap penalty on a team too late for them to do anything other than trade away players.

Toronto paid the bonus, just in a different season due to your error. No advantage was gained. There was no harm committed by the team. This is just awful.

[Image: sink.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2021-04-12_000020.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2021, 09:10 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

04-16-2021, 08:10 PMgurbs Wrote: Oh no… how are you gonna survive without your season pay. So after all of us this… Toronto is still screwed over? A mistake over 2 seasons ago… but the league waited till after FA and everything was over to announce this? After we give all our remaining cap space to our rookies and had no flexibility to fix it? Forcing us to trade a player we loved having in the LR and basically had to give away. I don’t know, it just seems like we were the ones getting screwed over the most even though everyone agrees it was a poorly worded rule. Also, the bonuses were PAID. god forbid we gave the players their imaginary money in the wrong season…

TBF i dont think they decided on what to do with the appeal, but i might have missed something in this post, but i'd assume that the appeal result will have its own thread.

Hopefully you'll get a good result tho, would suck to see you lose someone over this.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

04-16-2021, 09:01 PMJAJA SWEG DINGDONG Wrote:
04-16-2021, 08:10 PMgurbs Wrote: Oh no… how are you gonna survive without your season pay. So after all of us this… Toronto is still screwed over? A mistake over 2 seasons ago… but the league waited till after FA and everything was over to announce this? After we give all our remaining cap space to our rookies and had no flexibility to fix it? Forcing us to trade a player we loved having in the LR and basically had to give away. I don’t know, it just seems like we were the ones getting screwed over the most even though everyone agrees it was a poorly worded rule. Also, the bonuses were PAID. god forbid we gave the players their imaginary money in the wrong season…

TBF i dont think they decided on what to do with the appeal, but i might have missed something in this post, but i'd assume that the appeal result will have its own thread.

Hopefully you'll get a good result tho, would suck to see you lose someone over this.

Appeals committee DM'd ML like 3-4 days ago.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2021, 09:20 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

04-16-2021, 09:14 PMKeygan Wrote:
04-16-2021, 09:01 PMJAJA SWEG DINGDONG Wrote: TBF i dont think they decided on what to do with the appeal, but i might have missed something in this post, but i'd assume that the appeal result will have its own thread.

Appeals committee DM'd ML like 3-4 days ago.

oh, SAD.

[Image: 800562844512944188.png?v=1]

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2021, 09:26 PM by gurbs.)

04-16-2021, 09:17 PMJAJA SWEG DINGDONG Wrote:
04-16-2021, 09:14 PMKeygan Wrote: Appeals committee DM'd ML like 3-4 days ago.

oh, SAD.

[Image: 800562844512944188.png?v=1]

Yeah we already know the answer & had to make a trade. Still don’t know why they haven’t posted the appeal decision yet.

[Image: gurbs.gif]

04-16-2021, 08:21 PMJNH Wrote: Yeah but where's the punishment for Nhamlet?

I got tagged in this mess isn't that enough punishment

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

Idk, Toronto seems pretty stinky. I say we give em a bigger cap fine

[Image: qWestSHL.gif]
[Image: cEbgUph.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: h2OFdMh.png]