Create Account

Toronto Punishment Appeal Results

We don't normally post appeal denials because nothing changed but since we are being told we are hiding things I'll go ahead and post one (this has also been among the busiest two weeks I've had in a long time). I will definitely admit that this one was borderline but HO halved the punishment already and the argument that an extension is the same contract and so something could be applied based on the previous season's activities before the extension started is actually not valid. Despite being called an extension all contract renewals/extensions are indeed new contracts. Allowing the bonus to be fulfilled before the new contract started would have required a modification to an already signed contract, which is illegal.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Im here for the recipe.

[Image: 81ImQYu.png][Image: suavemente.gif][Image: QD85cmZ.png]
     Platoon    Timber

04-16-2021, 11:28 PMsuavemente Wrote: Im here for the recipe.
im here so i dont get fined

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

Spread peanut butter on two slices of bread
Cut up banana and place it on one slice of bread
Put the two piece of bread together
Peanut butter and banana sandwich

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

04-16-2021, 11:37 PMJobin Wrote:

I think I messed up the instructions, I have two plain pieces of bread together with banana and peanut butter on the outside

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

jfc HO is being far too open now

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2021, 11:40 PM by Jobin.)

04-16-2021, 11:38 PMACapitalChicago Wrote:
04-16-2021, 11:37 PMJobin Wrote: Spread peanut butter on two slices of bread

I think I messed up the instructions, I have two plain pieces of bread together with banana and peanut butter on the outside
Nope you did it right

no instructions on what kind of banana, 2/10

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

I also borderline commented about this but here I am

i always knew you were a visionary

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

04-16-2021, 11:43 PMsteveoiscool Wrote:
04-16-2021, 11:37 PMJobin Wrote: Spread peanut butter on two slices of bread
no instructions on what kind of banana, 2/10
Mb, plantain

How did I end up with a hot dog?

04-16-2021, 11:25 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: an extension is the same contract

Despite being called an extension all contract renewals/extensions are indeed new contracts.

I'm sorry, what? Please clarify?

Further, it was my understanding that extensions and renewals are different contracts. That's why things like bonuses, HTDs, and different TPE tiers can be applied to extensions and renewals in the first place.

If they were truly the same contract regardless of renewals and extensions, then any such modifications would arguably be illegal. The only way to increase contracts or have bonuses would be at signing with a new team in free agency.

The rule clarification is fine. The justification given for punishment is on a Tacoma Narrows Bridge level of structural integrity. There seems to be some inconsistency in definition of what a contract extension is, versus the original, versus a renewal. Further, there have been some liberties taken with what constitutes modifying a contract.

The punishment as stated in the original post was levied for modifying an existing contract. There's nothing in the rulebook that indicates that contracting and paying out a bonus through extension, based on performance during a season under contract before the extension, is modifying the original contract in any way. If I'm wrong, please kindly point me to the piece that I'm missing here.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

04-16-2021, 11:25 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: ...would have required a modification to an already signed contract, which is illegal.

This is correct.

*past experience*

[Image: Wally.png]

04-17-2021, 09:16 AMCapt_Blitzkrieg Wrote:
04-16-2021, 11:25 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: an extension is the same contract

Despite being called an extension all contract renewals/extensions are indeed new contracts.

I'm sorry, what? Please clarify?

Further, it was my understanding that extensions and renewals are different contracts. That's why things like bonuses, HTDs, and different TPE tiers can be applied to extensions and renewals in the first place.

If they were truly the same contract regardless of renewals and extensions, then any such modifications would arguably be illegal. The only way to increase contracts or have bonuses would be at signing with a new team in free agency.

The rule clarification is fine. The justification given for punishment is on a Tacoma Narrows Bridge level of structural integrity. There seems to be some inconsistency in definition of what a contract extension is, versus the original, versus a renewal. Further, there have been some liberties taken with what constitutes modifying a contract.

The punishment as stated in the original post was levied for modifying an existing contract. There's nothing in the rulebook that indicates that contracting and paying out a bonus through extension, based on performance during a season under contract before the extension, is modifying the original contract in any way. If I'm wrong, please kindly point me to the piece that I'm missing here.
Blitz you are taking the first part of what DT said completely out of context, seeing that phrase and ignoring the rest of the sentence. What he said was:

Quote:... and the argument that an extension is the same contract and so something could be applied based on the previous season's activities before the extension started is actually not valid. 

so you are making the exact same argument HO is making. Extensions and renewals are not the same contract as their current. In this example, Dex and honkers S56-57 extensions were not the same contract as their S55. That is all teddy is saying. 

That is the crux of the misunderstanding which caused this punishment. The contract bonuses cannot legally be paid out on S56 cap, as the clause is tied to the S56 season (on a new and different contract) and by the rule book, has to be paid out and accounted for in S57. 

you can’t activate a clause that is not in your current contract. That’s about as simple as I can boil it down

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]