Create Account

S59 PT #1 Preseason

pt pass
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2021, 10:03 AM by JR95.)

With the preseason in the books, we can take a look back at how the Platoon did. in 7 games, Baltimore went 4-3, picking up losses to Texas twice, and Manhattan once at the very start of preseason. While it's nice to go positive, it's an extremely small sample size. Still, there are a few key takeaways that do prove the platoon are on a rapidly growing path. First off, one of their victories came against the Dragons. While they aren't a hamilton or Texas of the league, they are still a very high tpe team despite regression. A win against them proves that Baltimore is in it to be a bit more competitive than in previous seasons. Another positive is how closely the Platoon played the Renegades in one of their meetings. It was a 3-2 loss for Baltimore but at no point did the team give up. I know the team isn't there yet, but The Platoon's performance in this preseason is proof of our growth, and proof that there is a bright future laying ahead. My prediction for the season, is that the platoon will fight their way to 30 wins, continuing the upwards trend of win% increases season over season.

On S59 and the coming SMJHL season:
"The Citadelles really showed the league their mettle last season," Rob Wright, Nevada Battleborn center tells us "and deserved every victory they got. Management and the team bought into the system. My guess is they repeat their last season and dominate the J. That or the Battleborn win 66 games in a row all while playing with cucumbers for blades. I spoke to a psychic."

On the Nevada Battleborn's next season:
"Things are looking hot out of training camp. In terms of conditioning, the boys' hairs are looking feathered and fly." Wright gestures to the rest of the locker room, which is stuffed full with long, luscious-haired hockey players (teammates). "As for actual hockey, I'm feeling confident with the team."

On his own personal goals:
"I think I'm going to try and grow a goatee for S59. I know, I know. It's not a conventional "good look" on the ice, but I think I can make it cool - like Nelly made wearing a band-aid on his face cool."

Platoon Rob Wright Battleborn

I, like Keenan, also agree that the best part of preseason is extrapolating small sample sizes in order to make huge assumptions for the upcoming season. Looking at the lovely new index made by my favourite @esilverm and the rest of the SHLs dev team, a number of interesting areas where identified by discussion. Both Atlanta and Edmonton finished the pre-season a perfect 7-0. Based on this extremely large sample size, I am making the bold prediction that both of these teams will set new points records, finishing a perfect 66-0 in the regular season, and sweeping every team in the playoffs on their way to the finals. In the finals, the world will end, as it will be a matchup of an unstoppable force in the Inferno, and an unmovable object in the Blizzard. With neither team willing to give an inch, Game 1 will never end, resulting in the stoppage of the SHL Season by awarding each team half of the Challenge Cup

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

With pre-season over, the Baltimore Platoon had a much more solid run than expected, finishing in 2nd place in their division, with a 4-2-1 record.
On a personal level, Luca Del Vecchio was extraordinarily average, posting lackluster stats with a 4.26 GAA and a 0.891 save percentage, both lower than his rookie backup, Damien Vertigo. It will be a tough ask this season for Luca as he will most likely have to give up some of the easy matchups to his backup, who is slated to start at least 17 games this season, and have some tougher matchups on his end.
Overall, the Baltimore Platoon hope to emulate their S58 result and make the playoffs for a second season running. The Atlantic division is looking tighter than ever, with no clear team at the top. Based on the pre-season, my only prediction is that there will be a new top dog in the Atlantic division this year.
(157 words)

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

I don’t think it's any secret that the Maine Timber weren’t very good last season. No one expected them to be good, as they lost most of their top players to call ups, leaving them with only a couple of players at the 425 cap, and a few more at 350. So this preseason the team was tentatively hopeful that we would see some good results, and boy we were not disappointed. Basically, based off of the preseason, we’re a lock for the cup! All joking aside, the Timber had a fantastic preseason, going 7-0 with outstanding play from pretty much every player, from the 425 vets to the newly drafted rookies. More realistically, I don’t think we’ll be hoisting any cups come the end of the season, but I do think we will definitely surprise some folks. Our 1st line is a beast, and I’d put them against any in the SMJHL. Our 2nd line is a bit weaker, but once we get some growth we’ll be good, too, and I think our 3rd and 4th lines will be better than expected once we get some games under our belts, and TPE in our bank.

196 words

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

After doing a very thorough analysis of the preseason games using my proprietary precognition algorithm, it is clear that this will be the season of the TURG. TURG TURG managed to score 1 goal and 1 assist while averaging the least amount of time on ice out of any player in the entire league, with only 13:25 per game. While Grape Fruit managed an additional point with similar ice time, history has shown us that TURG TURG is capable of keeping this kind of production up, while the little piece of fruit is not likely to do so. Using the behaviour of quantum foam while TURG TURG is on the ice, it's become apparant that should his team give him top powerplay time and more than 20 minutes of ice time a game, he will likely break the all time points scored record this season. We shall see what direction the coach decides to take.

[Image: TD6O3KW.png]
Signature courtesy of sulovilen.  May his name be exalted in Sardangian lore.

Although Videl Valor went through the incident that caused her to go undrafted, that did not stop her from improving her game. Despite Anaheim’s woeful preseason which had the team have only 1 win, which was an 8-5 slugfest against the Colorado Raptors. Videl had 3 points in 7 preseason games, which is not to shabby for a young winger like her. This season will be better for Videl and her team, in which I believe that they will have more points compared to the previous season. They will also win a playoff series, which almost happened last season, if it weren’t for a dreadful Game 7 loss to the aforementioned Colorado Raptors. Videl is also due to have a breakout year, since she’ll be having more time in the rink and a higher TOI, she’ll look to break 25 points, if not 30 points if all the sim luck goes in her favor this season.

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

In the 59th season of the SImulation Hockey League, there are an abundance of things that will go as predicted. The great lakes division will once again be a powerhouse of a division, and ultimately one of the teams will not make the playoffs with a record that would put them in a guaranteed playoff spot in any other division in the league. However, what are the unknowns? Will Texas overcome the great lakes division and continue their dominance? Will NOLA climb their way out of the bottom to make a surprise run at the Challenge Cup? Will there be any major scandals or thunder dome posts? I predict that when it is seen who the expansion gms are, there will be some people who will leave their current teams who were not expected to leave and start new with an expansion team. I also predict that the Atlantic Division will be the tightest race to get into the playoffs, there will be at least 4 teams who are competing for the 3 playoff spots in that division.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

Mika has very low expectations for everything. As a player who is regressed this far, she can only expect to get worse. She is not a Player who gets better with age. Mix that with Minnesota losing their top Defensive defenseman, she better learn to shoot less and block more. Mika is moving off of the convent center position and has handed it over to Gold. This means she can focus more on her defensive stats and less on face offs. I think overall, Minnesota will be in a similar position than last season. Not first, not last. Hopefully we can come out a bit better and squeeze into playoffs. I am not asking to win the cup, just mearly make the tournament. Your young core needs to see their name in lights. Get excited. So when they rule the world in a couple seasons they know what to expect.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Pt pass

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

I just checked before I started writing this PT and can confirm that I am coming up on two years being on this site, and what a journey it has been. All along I have been hopeful that I would be able to win the ultimate goal of taking home a cup and that dream remains alive within me to this day. I look at the path I have taken as a player, and also with my team the Los Angeles Panthers, and I truly believe we have finally reached a point where we are ready to win it all. This past offseason we made significant moves to add incredible players and I've never been more excited about my build than I am now. The time is now for us to go all the way and claim what is rightfully ours. I do know that we are up against a hell of a challenge and I can see us still needing another season to get there, but I want it to be this year, and I want us to be named champions. I can only hope that I will play a pivotal role in us claiming that goal, and hope that FHM feels the same. Bring on the season!

210 words

[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]
[Image: p82ugau.png]

if the regular season is anything like preseason for David Kastrba we can assume a couple of things. the first thing, and this has been the case for him for his entire career, is that he is going to hit the shit outta his opponents. the second thing we can assume, and this is new territory for David, is that he could be in the running for an award. of course that award is none other than the Turd Ferguson Trophy. in the 7 games the Rage played during preseason Kastrba managed to rack up 22 minutes in penalties, though 10 of those minutes came on a game misconduct after a tripping penalty. the player with the second most PIMs comes in at 16 minutes. of course this is a small sample size and the game misconduct really skews the numbers but with 12 PIMs otherwise we could see David come close to the top of the list. is it worth being 2nd on the hits leader board for preseason? im not entirely sure... but for a third-liner id say those two feats are at least a bit surprising.

Well Nathan is poised to take another big step this year with the rest of the San Francisco Pride. He did not have his updates in before the preseason and the schedule was pretty wonky. It is safe to say that he was getting back into game shape form which is what preseason is supposed to be for. Between that and shuffling and playing with the lines it is safe to say that the preseason will not likely reflect what we are expecting to happen this season. Being that it is a contract year for Nathan the personal bar is set very high to step up and contribute more offensively this year. Looking to not make a complete fool of himself he has also worked on his defensive attributes in order to help out our goalies and hopefully have a better plus minus this year. The team as a whole is looking to build on our success last season despite what the preseason record was. The preseason was a bit of a gongshow with teams shuffling lines or playing meme lines as they called it as well. Overall I don’t think that the preseason will really reflect what will be the outcome this season.

WC:204

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

If we were to make a prediction solely based on the Pre-season, then Atlanta Inferno is going to be a strong team this season. I personally do not think they will come ahead of CHI BUF TOR or Hamilton but the fact that their division is arguably one of the worst in the league, will make it easy for them to qualify for the playoffs. With players going into regression, Hamilton may not get the president's trophy but will still be competitive enough to be top 3 in the league. Minnesota is going to be the worst in the league due to their lack of depth. In terms of individual performance, I have a feeling Zlatan Ibrahimovic jr. will have the best season of his career. At 1755 TPE, he has more or less a completed build and will be ready to compete with the best of the league. If he gets enough playing time, I am sure he will have a solid season and will be able to finally break his 37 pt barrier he was never able to break free from. With hitting to 15, and all other defensive and offensive stats at 15 and higher, he is poised to be ready for a big season.

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]