Create Account

S59 PT #1 Preseason

There could be a few things people could assume because of the preseason. Firstly people could easily think that Hamilton or Chicago would win the cup. While this is the assumption is one of the very basic ones that happen every season. It proves to be a very good assumption every season. It keeps happening time after time. One assumption I had heard was that the Los Angeles Panthers would not be a good team this season. Many people based their assumption on how LA did in the preseason. They never looked at the moves LA was making, and what was happening behind the record. LA traded for two huge players and personalities. They brought a great defenseman in Segi and amazing forwards in both Stennett and Leafer. LA has much to prove that they're one to content and that they're a team that can win the cup. They can fight and will.

GM of Canada in the WJC S56

S56 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for Canada

[Image: ddIlIkT.png][Image: qzGJBye.png]

[Image: GMGumba.gif]

Based off of preseason, the Maine Timber look absolutely terrifying. Between the zoo that they are putting together in Dog, Duck, and Walrus, they also have some vets in the surfer Jonny Tsunami, and the sumo wrester between the pipes. Gatez is leading this rag tag Forest to victory, day in and day out. We dont believe in bag skates or working on fundamentals, but we prefer nature hikes, pizza parties, and 24 hour drunk sessions. Due to this very odd bit of training, we are hoping to really change the dynamic of the SMJHL and win the championship based on good vibes and party culture. The Forest is an odd place to play but the Trees have really found something that works for them. We are looking to crush Newfoundland all season long, as well as give Quebec a run for their money. We are going to be first in the division, and go all the way to the championship.

[Image: d2EaZfr.png]
Former Player

Jack Kanoff had a fantastic offseason/preseason in the Simulation Hockey League. He was among the leading point getters in the International Ice Hockey Federation. He easily led his nation (Germany) in points alongside stud players like Tony Pepperoni and Cassius Darrow. He gave many in the Argos LR optimism for the future that beholds them after a couple of disappointing seasons in an Argonauts uniform. Unfortunately for Jack Kanoff, his only real highlight was the off season as his preseason was pretty disappointing in comparison as he managed to put up a lackluster 5 points in 7 preseason games (with 2 goals and 3 assists). Thankfully for Jack, the SHL preseason is still relatively meaningless in comparison to the regular season. It served it's purpose to the young Jack Kanoff in the sense that he could now be more prepared and ready for the regular season and it clearly showed with the way he quickly got off on a hot start in the regular season.

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

After taking the time to review my stats and game play from the preseason, I believe that it's entirely inaccurate. Following the end of preseason, I put in a massive update that completely changed the defensive ability of my player.
I believe that this is going to make for more takeaways, blocks, hits as well as better positioning on the ice at all the times. While that might not sound like much, it should help turn an already heavily offensively oriented player into a more well rounded one.
That's all that you can really strive to be to make sure that you're constantly being the best player on the ice at any given time. I've never been one to look too far into the preseason stats, they're essentially meaningless.
Nevermind the fact that for the most part, teams don't really take preseason all that seriously anyway. The regular season is when they will start to actually work the lines/tactic properly to get everyone producing well.

Oh man, if we’re speculating on what kind of a season David S. Pumpkins might have based on preseason results, I think we’d come up with a pretty whacky stat line. The first thing that pops out to me is Pumpkins’ 18.2% shooting percentage - that is significantly better than the 5% he is currently rocking so far this season, but we’ve also only played 14 games so there’s certainly room for him to grow! In the preseason, Pumpkins also managed a respectable but not too impressive 4 in the +/- category, but he has actually been outperforming that mark so far in the season. Pumpkins currently boasts a 9. 
In terms of team play, in the preseason the Anchorage Armada only lost two games, and they had the third best defense in the league in terms of goals allowed. They were also tied for second in goal differential. I think you can expect to see plenty of good play from the anchorage armada throughout this next season, and I hope Pumpkins will be able to exceed, or at least meet, the marks that he set during the preseason.

[Image: kBkNrmu.png]
Armada Aurora

ISFL affiliate

[Image: 15Ng51w.png][Image: draNOgf.png]

Wow, exciting times, the pre-season. The real games may just be around the corner, but that doesn't mean we haven't already had a handful of games that will enable me to make a completely accurate prediction of the coming months. Based on the pre-season results, I predict that the 4 of the top 5 teams in the league will be the in Great Lakes division. I know, crazy prediction. I also predict one of the top 5 teams in the league won't make the playoffs due to a lame, outdated divisional schedule/standings order. Using Nostradomas level insight and prediction ability, I imagine that this will come true shortly before posts are made all over the internet about what we could do differently, before those posts are ignored totally and we go back to having the same 2/3 teams contending every season. There's a good chance we see all of these things that I was able to figure out based only on the pre-season and nothing else.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

I dont know how this upcoming season will go, obviously will probably not go well, but I can always hope that it goes well. Going up after playing only two seasons in the SMJHL, will be hard, and I have always heard that you need 700 TP minimum to be a starter level player. I am starting the season at 600 TP so who knows, how it will go. Got one point in preseason, and so far through 16 games, I have three points, 1 goal, and two assists. That leaves me at the end of the season, around 12 points, which to be honest, would not be too mad about. I set my opening goal at 5 points at the end of the season, and as long as I pass that, it should be good. But since this needs predictions, I predict San Francisco will make it out of round 1 in the playoffs, and that I will hit 15 points, since I will slowly add more TP as the season progresses.

[Image: JMapURm.jpg]

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]

For the first time in my career, I have taken over the reigns as the starting goaltender for an SHL team. Peter Larson has stepped into the role of backup, and all of a sudden I've been thrust into the spotlight. What better way to come up with scientifically verifiable predictions than to extrapolate 7 games behind a team that is starting the rebuilding process out to a full 66 game season.

Firstly, Name Redacted was looking pretty smooth out there compared to last season, posting a .932 save percentage when last year he could barely hold .900. This was good for 6th best sv% while being peppered with far more shots than the competitors above him. Name Redacted also posted a 90GR, which is some kind of robot measure of skill. This was the highest in the league. I think from taking a look at these numbers, we can anticipate a huge step forward for Name Redacted, and I anticipate that he will be a very large part of the reason that Manhattan still clinches a playoff spot.

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]

The Anaheim Outlaws was disappointing to say the least. The team struggled from the get go and if that's a sign of things to come, Outlaws fans are in for a disapointing and frustrating season once again. The team failed to generate offense just like they did last season, but that was expected given the high number of recruits on the team, but management expected a turnaround in preseason, but that didn't materialized. The defense showed promise. The team invested a lot in his defense last season and it looks like it's paying off and goaltenders Vincent Mietitore and Zhen Rosa can expect more help this season.

On a personal side, Kaapo Kampainen is happy to keep his points per game pace he had in the WJC, where he won gold for Finland. It would be quite a relief, but a welcomed surprise if Kampainen was to keep that pace all season long, as his offensive output has been sub-par ever since he joined the league back in S56.

If we look at all the things, it looks like it's going to be another rough season for the Outlaws, but we expect it to be better than it was last seasond, at least the team showed some improvement.

[Image: eMf7wNV.png]

I love to make very bold claims that may or may not have any factual basis, in sports or otherwise. So for this season in the Simulation Hockey league, I predict that the Los Angeles Panthers will be by far and away the best team in the league. They will go undefeated and have a shutout in every game. They will walk to the Challenge Cup and handily win it. How do I know this? Well, they're my team, of course. I know some things that no one else in the league knows, like- you know what, neverminded. That would be incriminating. Anyway, the Panthers will be the best team in the league, and while I have no facts to back this up, just trust me. As for my player, Aleks Blixtstrom, I have no doubt he will be the absolute best player in the SMJHL and lead the league in every stat except penalty minutes, because Aleks is the cleanest player in the league. The Kraken will win the Four Star Cup, of course.

Code:
175 words

ISFL PT

[Image: image0.gif]
[Image: psdforbrookssiganimatedwhitetext.gif]

Well this task was not very well timed. It is not too hard to predict how your season will go if you're already like fourteen games into the season, I guess I'll just base my prediction off the early season. That being said I believe I will break the Simulation Major Juniors Hockey League record for most hits in a season. Unfortunately I think that will come with being the league leader in penalty minutes, but hey, chicks dig tough guys with missing teeth that just sit around for a few minutes every game day. The scary thing that is happening is that some bastard named Zidane is right behind me in hits. like within 10. Everyone else has less than half the hits I do so it is wildly infuriating that this dork is so close to me. Guess next time I play his team I will have to take him out Tanya Harding style.

[Image: t6u8vGX.png]
[Image: TjI93pk.gif]

based off of the preseason, michael scarn and the seattle argonauts have a good season ahead of them. the argonauts surprised other teams by firing off a 5-2 record in the preseason, largely against very challenging opponents such as the likes in the Great Lakes division like the Hamilton Steelhawks and Buffalo Stampede, both former teams of Michael Scarn, and the chicago syndicate as well. michael scarn himself had quite a good preseason in terms of his own individual performance and statistics, as michael scarn tallied 10 points in just 7 games. leaving a potent, puck dominant offense like the hamilton steelhawks had was always going to be challenging for michael scarn to replicate his mvp caliber performance on the argonauts, but if the argonauts can improve their first line production it is quite conceivable that scarn can still perform at a high level and be a top player in the league, even without the offensive infrastructure around him that is so luxurious like before.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]