Create Account

S59 SMJHL PT #2 - Tactical meeting

My line is pretty much just rookies and such, but that doesn't mean that we won't pack a punch. Each one of us is oozing with potential and is steadily growing in terms of our own skills. Each of us is perfectly suited for our own position and are fit to do what task we are assigned, and are pretty quick to pick up on the situation that could be happening in the game. That being said, we are quick to come off and on the ice as needed, leaving no error in transition between players. Pairing up with Nikolai Ayerzov is the complete stud known as Maverick Seabrook, who's presence on the ice is felt regardless of who you are or what position you play. Brent Ashe rounds us out with his great action on the ice as well. Overall, we may be starting out, but we are surely mighty.

[Image: 8hp3ACT.png]

ISFL Affiliate PT +3 TPE

Code:
Written option: What kind of tactics is your line going to deploy? How does your player fit into these tactics? Can be 5-on-5 tactics, special teams, defensive tactics, offensive tactics, surprise us. Must include 150 words

Here is what I know after I have just joined the Maine Timber from Free Agency as I had missed the draft by not a whole lot. I honestly did not realize I missed the draft.

After taking some time to go about and tease the General Managers about not signing a contract for me or talking to me. I blackmailed Toast into a tit for tat contract where I get something for my PBE team where Toast does some updating and he does here.

What Toast also mentioned is that I would be coming on the third line to provide my annoying factor to other teams where they may get so annoyed by me that it can draw penalties while also being a good presence on the ice in terms of generating offence. I feel that my ability to be a royal pain in the ass will be my ultimate weapon for the Timber as at this point anything along the lines of special teams has not been discussed.

I am here to agitate the opposition and drive them crazy. Which I will do such a good job at.

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!

Preseason was good for getting my toes wet, the scoresheet was a bit empty as I only collected an assist, but the effort was there. My line looks good, three rookies with a good eye for offense. I don't expect too much, if any, special teams time at the beginning of the season, but the goal is to get there by the end of the year. I know I'm fast and I can score, so I have my eye on the power play unit. I believe my greatest weakness is my defense. So as I work on that throughout the season I'm sure I will be put in more defensive situations, increasing my ice time. I don't have dreams of being an expert in all three zones, but I don't want to be a defensive liability either. I'm eager to prove my worth to Vancouver and build myself into the best player I can be.

(161)

[Image: ragnarsson_sig_after_render.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2021, 12:34 AM by goilers.)

The Quebec City Citadelles are off to a decent start 1-1 in regular season. They had a rough preseason but a lot of the rookies were not quite there and we’re still trying to get their legs going. Greyson Cooper, a young left winger has been slotted in with two veteran players on the Citadelles. One of the teams tactics is that Cooper simply needs to flash a smile & his bright chiclets literally blind the opposing goalie. In fact that’s how Greyson scored his first goal. A little smile & next thing you know the puck was in the back of the net. All jokes aside Greyson has great offensive abilities, he uses his speed to get past the defenders & can create scoring chances 5-5 & also on the power play. His defensive game needs some work so his coaches have been putting a little pressure on him to work a little harder on that. He has incredible accuracy & has been practicing like crazy so he can fit in perfectly with his new team & line mates.

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

After a disappointing preseason for the Anaheim Outlaws, we had the perfect start into the regular season winning our first 3 games and being the only team with 6 points in the junior league despite being ranked at the bottom in most power rankings. Especially our defense did an amazing job so far and that's also the most important thing in our tactics. My coach already told me in the offseaon after drafting me that I would definitely need to work on my defensive skills. He know that I'm a great scorer, but the most important thing for Anaheim is that we don't concede nearly as many goals as last season. That's why I focused a lot on  things like my defensive positioning, sticking and shotblocking and our main focus this season as a team will be to keep our own goal save and then try to score some goals on fast counter-attacks, where my high speed will be very helpful.

(166 words)

So seeing as Stan Din'desque has entered the league as a top prospect, and number one overall draft pick, and looked to be an offensive powerhouse, one would instantly assume that he would make an offensive impact immediately on the 4th line, however that is not the case. His intangibles, and his solid defensive core, has come into play more than his offensive prowess to start his SMJHL career. He's been able to keep his line at a solid +/- 0 and has blocked several shots already. He's a little upset with his lack of offensive performance, but after three games, and three wins, the team is showing it has all the ability in the world to succeed this season. He knows he needs to work on his faceoffs a bit, as well as get better chances offensively, but he knows that his time will come, and that the anaheim Outlaws has the strongest 4th line in the league, and he's going to make sure everyone knows it.

(171 words)

Being on the 4th line has its advantages. Our team has great depth this year, with all of our guys being able to produce and play a solid 2 way game. 
The 4th line, Roddy B, B-Squared and Malmsy, aren't just here to kill time and eat up minutes. We see ourselves as a viable scoring line. Teams are going to underestimate us and we plan to capitalize. Roddy is fast and a dependable playmaker so we're looking for fast, heavy pressure to force a turnover, then a rapid counterattack. Sticking to our strengths we have the chance to outrace the competition and create quality scoring opportunities. With such dependable goaltending, you can really play confident offence, and play fast and aggressive. The other advantage of playing 4th line minutes is you can really leave it all on the ice. We plan to play lights out every shift and help drive Carolina up the rankings.

[Image: banes.png]

ISFL PT

[Image: UwFj4dm.png]

Jonathon Hagan has been placed on the 3rd pairing to start the SMJHL season and has already made a significant impact on the Outlaws first three games of the season. His role on the 3rd pairing is one of a two-way defenseman, a role that he is very well suited for with his strong defensive ability as well as his fairly good offensive ability. This two-way tactical role allowed Hagan to score 3 points in his first 3 games, including 2 goals. With the Outlaws using a breakout keeping the forwards high, it also allows the weak-side defenseman to head into open ice and make himself available for a pass in some situations. This is exactly how it worked out for Hagan in the first game of the year, with him being sprung by a tic-tac-toe breakout for a breakaway goal against Vancouver. At the defensive end, Hagan has been strong, only being on the ice for a single goal against, in the game against Detroit.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: HailBingus.png?width=911&height=450]

Having spoken with my General Managers after the end of the preseason, it is pretty clear where I excel and where I struggle. My defensive game is pretty strong for my age group, and I rate out fairly decently on my defensive game ratings. Where I tend to struggle is on the offensive side at this point. I don't read well on the offensive end yet, and I'm going to work to improve that with my coaches.

For now, I mentioned it might be helpful if I played on a line with one of our stronger offensive defensemen. My teammate, Yuuto Kira Cloudera Jr., seems like he might be a good line mate for me. He's a veteran presence in the Juniors. We both defend well. Offensively, he's a much more well rounded player who might be able to help cover for some of my shortcomings on the offensive side. Paired with him, I could also focus more on what I'm going at right now, which is defending and getting under my opponents skin. Our games appear to compliment each other's nicely.

Code:
Word Count: 182

[Image: GardnerNoTeam.jpg?width=747&height=420]

[Image: imageedit_481_5644782811.gif]

YoungBoy is a more offensively-focused type of defenseman that loves to get the puck up the ice for his forwards to create plays. That being said, my line is going to be very good at breaking the puck out of the zone, when needed, and will be even better at keeping the puck in the zone and the pressure sustained. I also feel for this season I'll be best suited on the second power play unit due to my puck moving abilities. Hopefully playing the second PK unit of other teams, I should be able to find open lanes to get shots on net and find open teammates to set up. YoungBoy should probably never see penalty kill time due to never being a defensive minded defenseman. Hopefully later into the season, with enough training, being a viable option on the penalty kill is available for the coach to use. (150 exactly lol)

[Image: dmills3.gif]
[Image: 6by0kBi.png] || [Image: ohmEd0h.png]

CanadaWhalersSteelhawks

The Colorado Raptors return one of the most balanced rosters in the entire SMJHL, having veterans up and down their roster through the top 9. The 4th line however, is a youth movement that can only improve as the season goes forth. The top acquisition for the Raptors this offseason picked 3rd overall in the draft Gonzo Gobbledygook is a star in the making already racking up 5 points through 9 games this season. Eric Tokke the Raptors 2nd draft pick in the 3rd round has all the potential in the world, and hopefully can put it all together. For what this group lacks in skill at their young ages they more than make up for with towering physiques. Coming in at 6’4 240, 6’3 224, & 6’6 244, it’s hard to find ANY line through the league as big as this one.