Create Account

Changes to SMJHL Rulebook for Undrafted Players
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2021, 04:40 PM by ACapitalChicago.)

Howdy SHL and SMJHL communities,

Something that's been an issue for a few seasons has been the plight of people who are active yet go undrafted in the SHL draft. After receiving the go ahead from SHL HO and ensuring it was possible with Bankers and back end work, we've now rectified this. The short version of this post is that players who go undrafted can now complete SHL TTC and may purchase SHL Personal Coaching.

The background here is that after the completion of the SHL Draft, every rookie would then fall into one of three categories:
  • Drafted to and signed by an SHL team
  • Drafted to, but not signed by, an SHL team
  • Not drafted nor signed, otherwise known as undrafted players
Due to the specific language of the J Rulebook, both the first two groups of players could complete everything as normal while the last group, undrafted players, were left out from doing SHL Personal Coaching and SHL TTC. This could result in a rather large gap of TPE that an undrafted players could miss out on through no fault of their own. We found no significant argument to justify keeping this division, and have removed this unnecessary distinction.

Players from this point forward may complete all tasks previously available to them after their respective SHL Draft, as well as SHL TTC and SHL Personal Coaching, regardless of their draft & contract status. A new team named "Unsigned" has been added to the bank to enable the purchase of SHL Personal Coaching for any player who goes undrafted and/or unsigned. For SHL Team Training Camp they may comment to claim as normal. The SMJHL Rulebook will be altered at 4.d.ii to read "Any player not drafted to the SHL is NOT considered a Send-down. They are also NOT considered a Rookie. These players may complete *SHL* Personal Coaching, SHL Point Tasks, SHL Weekly Trainings, *SHL Team Training Camp*, and Activity Checks." The line "They may complete SMJHL Team Training Camp only for their sophomore season" will be struck.

We apologize for anyone who has been caught short by the unfortunate timings of this change. We wish we could have made this change before it was needed, but we hope this can help future players regardless.

Please let us know if there are any questions, comments, or concerns. Thank you all for your time.

- SMJHL HO

Edit: To make the equipment changes, per Zombiewolf: "You should refund the original purchase, purchase the equipment you need to purchase, add the difference to your update post and then tag me in your update post letting whoever updates your team that week if they have questions they should talk with me"

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Much needed in recent times. Thanks for this!

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada

Well this just made my day

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

good change, this is going to hurt my pitchfork business

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

So when I created my player prior to the J draft, I didn’t get signed. Can I buy personal coaching then?

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

The Strawberry Sailfish rule, nice

[Image: zuck_1.jpg]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png][Image: Citadel-NAVY-Wavy-Line-65K.gif][Image: qzGJBye.png]

04-19-2021, 03:11 PMSimply Incorrect Wrote: So when I created my player prior to the J draft, I didn’t get signed. Can I buy personal coaching then?

Could you clarify, you mean you weren't drafted or signed by an SMJHL team?

S66 Damian Littleton

I have a few questions,
I already bought SMJHL equipment and TC,
Should I just claim the difference between those?

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

04-19-2021, 03:15 PMACapitalChicago Wrote:
04-19-2021, 03:11 PMSimply Incorrect Wrote: So when I created my player prior to the J draft, I didn’t get signed. Can I buy personal coaching then?

Could you clarify, you mean you weren't drafted or signed by an SMJHL team?

I created after the trade deadline, and was not signed by a team.

04-19-2021, 03:21 PMSimply Incorrect Wrote:
04-19-2021, 03:15 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: Could you clarify, you mean you weren't drafted or signed by an SMJHL team?

I created after the trade deadline, and was not signed by a team.

You are a s60 so you can only buy smjhl coaching. After the draft you will be able to buy SHL coaching no matter what happens

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Great change.

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2021, 04:38 PM by ACapitalChicago.)

04-19-2021, 03:17 PMValorX77 Wrote: I have a few questions,
I already bought SMJHL equipment and TC,
Should I just claim the difference between those?

BW already answered this in the rookie discord I believe, but I'm going to also put it here for anybody not there, also per Zombiewolf: "You should refund the original purchase, purchase the equipment you need to purchase, add the difference to your update post and then tag me in your update post letting whoever updates your team that week if they have questions they should talk with me"

S66 Damian Littleton

04-19-2021, 03:57 PMSlashACM Wrote:
04-19-2021, 03:21 PMSimply Incorrect Wrote: I created after the trade deadline, and was not signed by a team.

You are a s60 so you can only buy smjhl coaching. After the draft you will be able to buy SHL coaching no matter what happens

Retweet, this is correct

S66 Damian Littleton

I misread it...I was...simply...incorrect.

04-19-2021, 05:25 PMSimply Incorrect Wrote: I misread it...I was...simply...incorrect.

That's be one hell of a player name.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]