Create Account

Expansion Cities Idea
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2021, 01:21 AM by zaynzk.)

So boom made a post and i liked it and seemed like easy thing to write about this so i copied but i am doing teams that i personally would like based on LUKE MAP @"luketd"; to see what places that i think that could use a SHL team. I have tried to ignore locations BOOM MADE @boom

Washington DC

Washington DC is a location that seems to be over looked in favor of Baltimore; however what is ignored is that Washington itself is a huge media market; which has a range that leaks into Virginia; Boom listed this as a secondary team so I i decided to talk about it anyways since it is my hometown team IRL and for some reason it gets little to no love in the sim leagues im in. Baltimore existing should not mean that DC should not have a Team; it is home one of the biggest most well know

Memphis, Tennessee

Boom mentioned Nashville as a city for a potential expansion; but im looking at the other Tennessee city with my pick; as the home of Elvis would be an amazing pick for any team looking for expansion as it avoids any confusions with the Preds but also has a unique identity with plenty of branding ideas

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

With The Renegades claiming the entire state of Texas; i look slightly north to a city which achieved massive success in the Basketball market; and I figure would be a great way to eat into the Texas Market without having the Renagades name sound stupid; like it would if there were multiple texas teams in the state. and this could create a cool new rivalry between the teams

Indianapolis, Indiana

With Boom saying basically every city in this area; I wanted to throw in Indianapolis into the mix; as they are a team that could come in a be a big rivalry between them and nearby chicago which would be fun to see; A good city with a lot of history in different sports; would be an interesting place to throw a team

Fargo, North Dakota

Kinda a meme selection; since I have been pushing for a team in fargo for a while; Fargo is home too about one scenes in the move "Fargo" but it is a cool place geographically for a team to be; as it is kinda in the middle of america; allowing a lot of random less represented people have a chance to watch some hockey

Halifax, Nova Scotia

With a bunch of Canadian teams across the majors and minors I decided to look at a city that has not been mentioned yet; Halifax in the province of Nova Scotia, mostly due to the fact that it was one of the more populated cities in a provence that does not get mentioned a lot when looking at expansion; I figure booms expamples or Montreal or Ottowa are the more likely candian cities but i figure throw in Halifax; cause why not

Yellowknife, Northwest Territories

The Capitol of Canada's Northwest Territories; i threw this city in because of its use in the ISFL; with Yellowknife being one of the most consistently successful teams in that league; with the success of football in this city; why not throw a hockey team there too; its would be kinda cool that way; similar too how the Spector's have a clear ISFL Theme with them so it would be fun to see another sim league relationship like that

INTERNATIONAL

Stockholm, Sweden

So when looking at international expansion; I looked at the European team that did the best in the IIHF tournament in Sweden, the Swedes have a large history in the SHL and might be one that really deserves a chance to be the first expansion team outside of North America

London, England

Great Britain is a very popular team in the SHL; and the Brits are another team that could be a cool expansion, with the potential of many different branding for this city. I feel like there is a chance to use different cities in the UK but either way it would be awesome to see this happen  in a team in Great Britain

Zurich, Switzerland

another major federation in the SHL; the swiss have a potential to have a cool team in the country and finished top of their confrence in the IIHF tournament which clearly shows they have the player bass to really have a awesome expansion based there

Moscow, Russia

Another federations with a huge player base; russia has a huge hockey following with massive names in the NHL today. without a russian version of SHL; Moscow is forced to join this league and will be a huge name to be be named as a potential expansion

Berlin, Germany

the final team that finished with a winning reccord in the IIHF tournament; Germany has a lot of hockey fans and a large federation with alot of people and would be an excilant choice for an international expansion

There are many people in different cities and federations in the SHL and i think that an expansion is an exciting time; i mostly did this article for money since there are not too many people in this league that would choose this type of expansion; i hope that there will be a few International Bids or bids from cities not as common to the cause however I understand why the cities boom chose make way more sense in order to really have a team. In the end it all comes down to how you brand and build your eam and make them into a team that they can be proud of; Branding and Cities are just a super fun way to do that and i hope to see some suggestions. and i would be super excited to see everyone release their brandings and cities. My player will be Auto protected and i am not looking to leave my team any time in the future so this is basically just for shits and giggles

(1000+ words)

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap

Pittsburgh

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

you can also look on here
https://simulationhockey.com/shlmap.php

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

If a team went to DC with the right branding, I just may have to look into options :zoomeyes:

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

04-22-2021, 05:35 PMluketd Wrote: you can also look on here
https://simulationhockey.com/shlmap.php
thats dope

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2021, 06:40 PM by boom.)

Good piece!

I will mention that Halifax did previously have a team in the STHS era, but were relocated to Maine for FHM in part because everyone just saw them as a giant joke at the time.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
Sig credits to @sköldpaddor @ihatereyson