Create Account

1 Season in the Books
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2021, 01:24 PM by Jackers41.)

With one year in the books, I am here to talk about how my first season on SHL went, speak a little bit about my players and answer a few questions my such kind peers asked. A little review, in the past season I was drafted by STL, had a great first season which saw me land 3rd in rookie of the year, I was drafted in the second round to NOLA and that is where we currently stand.

My Sim League Experiences :

About 3 months ago I joined SHL, my first sim league, around the same time I also check out ISFL and PBE. I am not here to bash any of the leagues but just more of share my experiences, I know everyone has different experiences. Starting with SHL, STL has been great to me since the begging, I had a very lucky rookie season getting me third in the rookie of the year race and I met some great people. I got to scout a few players this offseason which was cool to meet new people. My 2 GMs, Blitz and Sparky have been great to me and have helped me out with building a great player to the skillset I like and even teaching me a little bit of hockey. I came in knowing very little about hockey, and I probably never will be a big hockey guy, but I am sure my time on SHL will last. The second league I joined was ISFL. I was picked up by the Bulldogs where a lot of my fellow STL players were. r0tzbua was great to me during my time there and so were many of the other players. I failed to gain a great interest in ISFL for some reason though and I had nowhere near the same interest that I have in SHL. Around this time the great SparkyDee told me about PBE. PBE has been completely amazing, they have the advantage that I love baseball but it has just grabbed my attention like no other. I was able to win rookie of the year there too so I guess that helps but it has just been an incredible experience like SHL. All 3 have great communities and I would suggest people to try them all out.

Questions :

@TheSparkyDee

How do you feel about the DUO of Blitz and Sparky? Do you trust them? 

I think the GM dou Blitz and Sparky are amazing, from everything I have seen y'all seem to work great together and overall are 2 cool guys. Blitz is really good with some of the more behind-the-scenes stuff and Sparky, you seem to always be in discord, I don't know if you actually do work. I have shared such great conversations with both of you and I am truly glad you two are my gms. And of course, I trust you guys, I know STL has been a little down the last few seasons but I have seen the potential that is currently there and I know we are about to take a massive turn around.

What are you looking for with your second season as a crow?

I just want to improve from last year as a player and stay respectable as a team. I know we have a ton of first and second-year players and so it might be a rough year but I trust that all these young guys are going to stay active and we can make the next 2 seasons great ones. Personally, I want to be able to score 40+ points this season with 20+ goals but goals are goals and you can't meet all of them.

This team this year feels different. Are you excited about this team?

I am completely excited about the team. The offseason was just too long and I have been so excited for the new season to start. I know the first few sims have been really rough for us but as we work more players towards their caps throughout the year, I think we could make a decent run in the playoffs. Plus there is always next year to look forward too because even though there are always the sad losses, I think we are going to be really good. I am excited to see where this team can go to in the future and hope I can help lead the way.

@Asked Madden

How do you see the Scarecrows season turning out?

I know I just talked a bit about this so I am going to keep this fairly short. I think our season overall will be rough. I think there will be a lot of hard losses and late-game blown leads because of our lack of conditioning but I could see us making a run in the playoffs once all of the younger guys get up that extra 60 - 70 TPE.

How do you feel about the STL captains?

I think Hundertwasser makes a great captain of the team. He is a really good leader and a top earner in his class. Overall you do a great job of being in the discord and being a leader and create a good role model. Hunter Sharpe has always been really kind to me and is another one of those top earners in his class. He seems very humble and once again shows great leadership which is what you are looking for in the co-captain. Gucci, one of our newest co-captains is a really great dude. From what I know he is also a great guy in the ISFL but Gucci is a truly great guy and he is always around. I know despite being in my year he has helped me out a good bit and I hope come our final year in the minors, he gets the chance to be the captain. Our final co-captain, also fairly new, Iorek Brynison is another really great dude. I believe he is also fairly active in the ISFL, he did a great job last year coming in as a rookie free agent and standing on his head to make saves left and right.

@Huck24

What goals do you hope to achieve in your SMJHL time?

I know I have some big goals and some little ones, I hope we can win a cup which I think our odds of doing that in the next 2 seasons are really good. A bigger version of that same goal is to 2-peat because there is a little deal between me and Blitz if we 2 peat. I hope to surpass 120 points in my SHL career which I am currently well on track for. Once again, a bigger version of that goal is for me to set the STL scoring record during my time here. I hope to win an award at some point and maybe even win an MVP.

Where do you see yourself 10 seasons from now?

I see myself as a winner. Honestly, though I think I have a vision for what I want my player to be like but some of it comes down to luck. Both STL and NOLA have nice young cores so I think I could win a cup for both. I hope to win ROTY in my first season in the SHL but I have some great competition against me. Overall I know this I just my first player so some things along the way could be a little rough but a massive goal would to be reach the Hall of Fame my first player but who knows, I just hope to have a solid career.

Later today I am going to take a look at all of the NOLA prospects and hopefully do some GM interviews with both my NOLA GMs and STL GMs. Thank you all for giving me such a great season and thanks for the questions I got, I hope to do another one of these at the end of the season.

Total Words - 1344 (Also this was my 100th post!)

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2021, 01:47 PM by Asked Madden.)

Great Post and unfortunately I agree with our outlook. Just got to keep earning and hope for a spooky playoff run Scarecrows

[Image: Hockeymans.gif]
[Image: E8Qr7c5.gif]
Sigs by: Rum Ham, Orbiting Death x2, Enigmatic & Kyamprac

Specters Scarecrows

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

Hell yea! Let’s go Crows! Look out for us soon!  Scarecrows

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

This is why i drafted you in like every league possible. I can't believe teams would pass on such a surefire prospect.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page