Create Account

S59 SMJHL PT #3 - Rivalry week

Which team is your team's biggest rival in the league and why? This could be due to recent history, old history, medium history, personal beef, branding antagonism, passing on you in the draft, etc. - whatever the reason, which team in the league would you consider to be the biggest rival of your team?
Written Task: 150 words minimum on the above
Graphic Task: Make a Rivalry Week promo graphic highlighting the two teams squaring off
Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)
Only S59 SMJHL Rookies (S60 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE or NSFL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.
Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: Sunday, May 2nd @ 11:59pm EST

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

As we like to say in the NL locker room, CHOP TREES!
[Image: udy1P2t.png]

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

The Vancouver Whalers and the Anchorage Armada seem to have a long and deep seeded rivalry that only seems to be gaining in momentum. Whether its their history of close games, similar aquatic mascots, or a fun narrative to be pushed, the two teams are constantly duking it out. The rivalry only seemed to increase in their first fiery game against each other in the preseason. As for the Whalers, the locker room boomed with the chorus of "boats bad" and an eagerness to meet the Armada in the regular season.  Lev, the new Russian rookie for the whalers, seems to only be encouraging this new rivalry as his long time friend and rival Benjamin Jansson was drafted by Anchorage this season. The two rival forwards have met on the ice multiple times already this season and the rivalry has been fierce. As the season continues, its evident that the two teams will have many more explosive games to push this rivalry even further.

[Image: manh_sig6.png?width=499&height=542][Image: lebedev-sig.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2021, 08:05 AM by Talls.)

Well this is easiest answer yet, and it seems that the Raptors biggest rival is making everyone else dislike them too.  Hands down, the biggest rival of the Colorado Raptors is the Anaheim Outlaws. 

I have learned that the Raptors team has had a hatred for all things Anaheim for a while now. 

Just visit the discord and look around. 

Now with the power rankings drama, it is not really making it any easier to like the team.  So far this season, there has only been one game between the two teams and it went to a shootout (that the Outlaws won).  That helps grow the rivalry.  It is not really a rivalry if one team easily wins all the time.
Before the season started, I did some research for a deep dive into the Outlaws and they seem like a formidable foe.  Let's just hope that this season turns out as interesting as it started.  (Especially, if it ends with the Raptors hoisting the cup!)

Japan Outlaws Blizzard  Blizzard Outlaws Japan

[Image: Talls.gif]

[Image: aAYvaDO.png][Image: wFihEpr.png][Image: FcT7qtH.png][Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: o2NPreS.png]

The Anaheim Outlaws are my personal rival. Not because of the team in general but a single player. That player is High Haschdi. High was the player who brought me into the League and we're having a personal rivalry over who is the better player. Stat wise I'm doing way better than he is and I hope to keep it up.
I'm also playing on the 2nd line for the Maine Timber in my first season while he is playing on the 3rd for the Anahaim Outlaws, like a scrub.

We had some rougher games but against Aheim we have two wins and two losses. So just because High Haschdi is playing for Anaheim i love to compare Anaheim to Maine a bit.

We will face the Anaheim Outlaws two more times in the regular season and I hope that we win both of those games and that we can proof to them that we are the stronger team.

(162 Words)

[Image: tgsnOlT.png]

Update Page | Player Page

I would say that a natural rival for Vancouver would be the Anaheim Outlaws. For starters we're both on the west coast so we see each other often enough. Beyond that I Just think that we both have a competitive fire and spirit whenever our two teams play each other. Our fans naturally hate each other, and the more I play them the more I absolutely loathe them. I want to demolish each and every one of their players with massive, killer hits into the boards. I want to score a hat trick against them every time I play against them and just flat out embarrass them. Score on them short handed. Score on them with an empty net. Deke all 5 players of them and make a highlight real goal. Force their players to score in their own net because they're a bunch of losers who would probably do that multiple times in a game against us. In short, they suck.

164 words.

[Image: ragnarsson_sig.png]
Destiny is All. Proud member of the Vancouver Whalers
Future SHL squad - Texas Renegades

[Image: 9d15b5002e81a90b90cb6cdef92d3ab1.png]

[Image: 64377_v.gif]
Whalers Whalers Whalers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack
Finland / Germany  
Big thanks to Pythonic(first sig evah), Sloth(first LAP sig<3) and Ragnar for their sigs<3
Two time playoffs MVP and two time nominee
Triple gold club
Discord: asska

Entirely due to personal beef, but this years rivals are primarily Anaheim, Maine, and Quebec City, who all passed on Roddy B in the first 3 picks. Slightly less than a vendetta, a little more than a beef. Call it a personal quest to make them regret not taking me as a higher pick. It's definitely personal, but I feel it lends passion to their meetings.

As far as the team goes, however, the main rivals would be Colorado and Kelowna, they are the obvious teams to beat, and Anaheim as well, since they're sitting nice and cozily in that neck-and-neck tie for 3rd in the league at the time of writing. There is strong competition there, and it's going to take a lot to keep this Carolina team down.

On a more personal note, BIG BEEF with Kelowna because I used to live in Kamloops and Kelowna is just full of old people and golf courses and one time I had to drive there to renew my passport and the mall food court SUCKED BIG DINGUS. Eat a bag of old ham, Kelowna!

[Image: banes.png]

I'm pretty sure the first post in the team locker room after I joined was "!fd" (Yes, even our team bot hates Detroit).

The Scarecrow's hatred of Detroit and vice versa is a fun thing to watch. I'm not sure where the rivalry started, but once any player steps foot into St. Louis' room, the rivalry is made known. I can only imagine it started somewhat recently due to the passion from management and newer members. 

Unfortunately, the rivalry is not looking so hot this season and last season because of the Scarecrows' bottom dwelling status. I can almost guarantee, though, that next season the rivalry will be very strong with the teams equaling out. In a few seasons, St. Louis may be the one looking down. So far this season, Detroit is 2-0 against St. Louis. 

I'd say the rivalry is justified because, let's face the facts, Detroit just stinks. 

!fd

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

Now, the Detroit Falcons are a good performing team, and certainly one to be a contender this year. This means Detroit has a few rivals that are in a battle for the Four Star Cup. One team that stands out is the Colorado Raptors. It seems like Colorado always brings their best game when facing off against Detroit. You have players like Kermit Murphy, Johnathan Granstrom and Noel Blanchet getting breakaways and lots of shots on net, keeping the goalies on their toes. Detroit's coach is always paying extra attention to the lines to see if we can exploit any weaknesses to give us an edge. Primetime day was one to watch as Detroit lost by just 1 goal to the Raptors. Both teams have strong forwards and defensemen and the bitterness that we have for the Raptors has only gotten stronger each time we step on the ice to face them. Hopefully Detroit can show Colorado who's boss as we get closer to the playoffs.

168 words

[Image: unknown.png]

"Bring back Pingy Pingu Lunga Gumba esq. And I mean bring him all the way back. I want every thread on this forum that involves even a modicum of salt to get razed to the ground by our most notorious shitposting penguin. I want every thunderdome to drown in ABAGABA spam and a signature that doesn't end. I want the userbase of this fine league to cower in terror, slinking about the forums and making as little noise as possible for fear of attracting the Shitpost Slenderman. When some poor immigrant from the NFL sim blunders into the forum and makes an angry post about how his player slipped to the early second round despite having done ALL the rookie tasks(!), let the veteran survivalists stare in horror and pity while the newbie rages. They will know it is only a matter of time before @Pingy Pingu descends upon his post like a ravening wolf and obliterates his tread, reducing it to a radioactive waste-dump of unintelligible spam. They will not interfere, for Pingy is our immune system. Because he can take it. Our Dark Knight of Shitposting"

Sig credit to @WannabeFinn @JSS @Mordaciious @Mayuu @TommySalami
                                              Falcons banner credit to @karey

This one is pretty easy for me to answer. For me personally, the biggest rival in th league are definitely Maine Timber for a few reasons. They signed me on waivers when I created last season and I really enjoyed my time with the team and in the LR. Unfortunately, they didn't draft me and passed not only one, but two times on me in the draft this year. Additionally, they drafted 4J Angler, who is my biggest rival as a player as a RL friend and I will always compare my TPE and my stats with him. Therefore, it's important to me that Anaheim will do better than Maine in the next few years and that my player will also have a bigger impact (that one is not looking that good so far in the first few games). But it's definitely a friendly rivalry and I'm happy for Maine and JJJJ to reach the finals and finish in second place behind the Outlaws!

(168 words)

ISFL PT
Ryan Negs

[Image: Bjorn_Bjorn_Sig.png]
[Image: bjornswedengif.gif]

To be really honest, I have not been in the SMJHL for long enough to see any particular rivalry for the Colorado Raptors.  There has not been any verbiage spread about in the Locker Room or through any private discourse I have had with my team mates.  That being said, I feel that, at least for this season, our rivalry has to be against the Kelowna Knights.  Having played 19 games, the Knights are 16 - 3 - 0, for 32 points.  They have accumulated 84.2% of the points available to them. This is a formidable team!  The team I play for, the Colorado Raptors are in second place overall, chasing the Knights.  We have gone 12 - 5 - 4 in our 21 games played for a total of 28 points.  We can not let Kelowna get too far ahead.  We have to play all out to try and draw them back to the pack.  This will take a concentrated effort on behalf of all our players.  I have faith that this can be accomplished.  Go Raptors !!

Word Count: 175

[Image: Rinky-sig.jpg]

This rivalry we will be taking in a look at one of my fun and biggest rivalries I was apart of in the minor leagues. We will take you back to s10 where my very first player named Dave Smith was drafted to the Vancouver Whalers when life was different in the SHL. At this time, we had affiliates with a major team and that is how you got your players that the big club sent down to the minor leagues. This meant a lot of movement for some between clubs.

One club that was really hated at this time was the Vancouver Whalers they had some high hopes the season before with a great group of members but some got called up to their big squad. So youngster and newbie Power Forward Dave Smith being the first pick this season for the Whalers was named captain. A big bold move for a young user who had never been apart of the league and the minute he got there he embraced the big rivalry. This rivalry was like no other as this was a Rivalry of the decade. The Vancouver Whalers vs. The whole SHL. No, that is no joke, everyone in the SHL that was not a past Vancouver Whaler OR a current one pretty much hated on the Whalers so it made sense as Dave Smith had high expectations for himself and was deemed very egotistical by the league.

The man was so egotistical that he pulled the ultimate captain's move and told the league before the very first puck had dropped that season that in fact his Vancouver Whalers would indeed win the S10 Challenge Cup. The bold move while many laughed at him and fueled their hate for the Vancouver Whalers went about and he in fact delivered as the Vancouver Whalers hung their first Championship in team history then.

That is why this rivalry week Dave Smith will be in Vancouver as he vacationed in Canada before the pandemic started and he will be joining the team this week for a celebration to kick of Rivalry Week of Vancouver vs. The Rest.

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!

ISFL Affiliate Link