Create Account

S59 PT #2 Your Day Off!

Code:
Written task: We all love playing hockey, but at the end of the day it is still a job, which means it is always nice to have a day off. You've just had 6 days straight of either a game or practice, how do you spend your hockey-free day? (150+ words)

With my day off after a grueling grind of 6 straight days with games and practices in between games, our team finally gets an off day. I plan to spend it by playing games and watching Twitch streams. Some games I plan on playing would be Bloons TD 6 and continue grinding levels to achieve more monkey knowledge powers. For the Twitch streams I have been enjoying watching some of the GTA roleplay streams lately and I can never know what to expect when tuning which makes it always intriguing to watch.

I plan on ordering in some cheat day meals such as McDonald's and getting chicken nuggets, a big mac, medium fries and a junior chicken. After eating my meal, I will look to take a hot shower and unwind by listening to some relaxing music before calling it a night around midnight. 

Not the most extravagant day off but with the global pandemic I need to keep to myself and not spend it with others unfortunately. 

(168 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

With Nicolae Antonescu off for the day, he usually spends a good deal of time relaxing at home, doing his usual stretching routines but otherwise taking the day off from an intense workout. then, usually on the days Antonescu has off, he co-ordinates with some friends over discord and roll20 to have a rousing session of Dungeons and Dragons. Antonescu has been building a homebrew world since he was 14, and finds the tabletop roleplaying game a great way to flex his creative thinking muscles, and step into a world away for a short time. With people staying within their own spaces during the COVID-19 pandemic, the sessions with his longtime players have had to make a venue change to be online. Otherwise, not much else has changed, and thankfully a schedule is relatively easy to keep up with, as games and practices are typically scheduled well ahead of time, so most days off a good long session can be fit into the day. If DnD is off the table, Antonescu focuses mostly on stretches and prepping a meal that he otherwise wouldn't usually have time to make, like homemade pulled pork or Jambalaya (something he was introduced to during his time in St. Louis, with it being one of the first American dishes he ate)

[Image: antonescu.png]
[Image: BKGrppM.png]
Thank you to Ham and Sulo for the sigs!
Scarecrows Chiefs Renegades Dragons Stampede Panthers norway
Scarecrows Specters Switzerland
Scarecrows pride Switzerland
  Armada pride Ireland

Outside of hockey, Miguel Hefeweizen has a few hobbies and things he likes to do on his days off. One thing Miguel loves to do is cook. Fortunately, he inherited both that love and also skill from his mother. Often times on his off day, Miguel will spend several hours cooking ahead of time so his fridge is full of delicious food for the rest of the grueling hockey week. This also makes him very popular with his teammates, and you can often find them at Miguel’s place with a cold beer in one hand and burger in the other (or lobster roll in the case of Duncan the Walrus!) Outside of cooking, Miguel loves being outside and enjoying fresh air and nature. Fortunately, Maine has plenty of places for Miguel to explore, both inland and on the coast. Finally, Miguel has started to take flying lessons, something he has always wanted to do, but never had the money for. He’d love to be able to buy his own small plane and take a tour of the United States, one airport at a time.
184 words

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

For Carolina Kraken's Luukas Lilja, he likes to take it easy on his days off. Most of the time this guy will sleep in late, probably until 11 or 12 am or even 1pm, if he feels like it - depends on the stretch he is on. After that, it is his cheat day, so Lilja will probably order hot chicken from the only local place that does it in his home town - as is tradition for him, but before going ahead of things such as lunch, it is blueberry pancakes and black coffee kinda morning for him. After that, its just binging through American Horror Story, a season a day, just like he did watch a whole season of Friends during his dayoffs from high-school hockey.

Despite all of his slacking off during these very rare days in his week, dude puts in the work for six days straight at the gym and at the rink. No weight gained, no problems.

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

I'm a big sports buff, so I'd spend some time probably kicking a football around with some friends for some activity. That would be the only activity I'd be doing on the day so I'd need to get some in. Then, I'd have a big old snack, mainly Chex Mix since that's my favorite. Then, I'd probably pull a long video game session, staring off with 2K since I need that daily MyTeam reward. I'd then go to FIFA and play that for a long while as I'm a huge career mode buff and enjoy bringing small teams to the bigtime. Then, F1. I recently got into F1 and really enjoy it so that would be another game I would waste my off day playing. And, of course, I'd play the hockey game since I'd be in it and I'm pretty mediocre at them.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

6 days straight and I can do whatever I want? The first thing Pepperoni is going to do is book a trip somewhere warm. Edmonton is nice and all but 8 months out of the year if I could be in a warmer place, I would. Ideally I'd hit up French Polynesia but the travel to get there just isn't worth it for 6 days. I think instead I'll take a trip down to the cayman islands (btw I'm assuming covid just doesn't exist). I took a trip down there before and the beaches were very nice and I had a great time! I'm not sure if that's a place where other rich athletes hang but I'm going to make it a Pepperoni paradise.

I'll hang out at some fancy exclusive resort, drink cocktails with dumb names and hopefully get so drunk I don't feel ashamed to drink an appletini (appletinis for the boyz). I'll only take 5 days so I can spend my last day in the sauna sweating out my grossness.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

Sven spends his "days off" training even more. The last season cemented the fact that he has a long way to go to become the best Sven in the league, and reaffirmed his desire to obtain that goal. He was taken high in the draft by the Edmonton Blizzard, so other teams are taking notice of his work ethic and he will not let them down. However, looking good off the ice is just as important as looking good on the ice, so Sven has spent time doing some publicity with magazines like GQ. His hard work has been paying off, as he's off to a quick start leading the Vancouver Whalers as their captain this season. The team is very rookie heavy this season but shows lots of potential, so Sven can't take a day off and is striving to lead by example. He wears his "C" with pride and is hoping to lead Vancouver to a great season.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2021, 07:31 PM by charlieconway.)

Quote:Written task: We all love playing hockey, but at the end of the day it is still a job, which means it is always nice to have a day off. You've just had 6 days straight of either a game or practice, how do you spend your hockey-free day?(150+ words)

First, I take all my equipment and throw it in the trash. I'm not about to reuse that stuff; it gets all gross and full of sweat. If the environment has a problem with that it can speak to me personally.
Then, I run a bath and put on some of my favourite relaxation music: maybe Enya, or the Lord of the Rings soundtrack (bonus for the first movie’s OST, which has Enya). I pop some of that stuff that makes bubbles in there and unsuccessfully try to rid my mind of all the negative thoughts that have built up.
Next, I spend ten minutes to an hour obsessing over every single mistake, giveaway, bad play, or missed shot that happened in the last six hellish days of games and practice. I weep uncontrollably, to the point that my body starts to become dehydrated. The neighbours call the police because they’re worried I’m in an abusive relationship. I tell the officers that I’m fine, I was just watching a movie that had lots of sobbing in it.
Finally, I dry myself off, hop into my incredibly large bed and gently fall into a deep sleep, only to be woken by my alarm the next morning and the horrifying thought of putting my skates on once again.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

On the rare in-season occasions that there is a day off, Luca Del Vecchio spends his morning staying fit, but just a light training to get a sweat on. After relaxing and having some brunch, Luca heads out of town and into the woods for some hiking, a hobby that took hold in his junior days in Kelowna, B.C. There the boys would go into the woods a lot more often, and more than once held off-season training camp days out there in the name of “team building” exercises. The woods around Baltimore are not quite the same as the Okanagan Valley of British Columbia but there are quite a few trails if one knows where to go.
Late afternoon and early evening are spent back at home, with a bowl of popcorn or ice-cream and some Netflix for entertainment. After all, we all need a bit of a cheat on our days off, especially when they are rare and far apart, save for the post-season.
(166 words)

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

I travel back home to Austria, to visit my friends and family. I miss my home village and all that's going on there. I'll take a look and pass by a fire brigade training, which I was part of before I left to play in the SHL. Watching them train is nothing I can just stand, so I insist to participate in the training. Classic. Afterwards we'll hang out and talk about the good old days and of course about news and stuff that I missed and so on.
With my family I'll spend some time and help with farming work. Chopping logs, helping in the cowshed, stuff like that. Talking with my mum and dad about life in the United States, and handing over some presents and gifts I brought from there. Of course they get both a set of an acrylic block with the Inferno emblem and they will like it. I'll also hang out with my siblings and their kids, just having a fun time. Before I have to head back to the action in the SHL.

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]

While Kou Saotome is a massive person, she doesn't act like it. So while others may go out, hang with friends, or even play video games with friends, Kou probably wouldn't even leave her room on days off. Maybe she'd go to her apartment balcony, but the most tiring part of practice for her is being around other people. So on days off she'll probably sit alone in her room with some music on while reading her manga and light novels. She's an otaku, but she's not really into action or fighting, something that her coaches learned very early in her career. Her taste is more based in romance, drama, and slice of life. Her favorite manga include yuri romance Yagate Kimi ni Naru, the strangely relatable Saotome Senshu, Hitakakusu, and shoujo classic Nana. As for light novels, it's a bit harder to have those shipped internationally, so she has to actually go back home to pick them up every once in a while. In fact, she forgot the first volume of Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai back in Weisbaden. So she needs to go pick that up at some point. She does read a lot of these while traveling for games, sitting at the back of the team bus (she credits her recent stretch of good form to reading the Monogatari Series); but there are some that she enjoys that have some... questionable content in them that she'd prefer no one else see. That's why she's been choosing to re-read Domestic na Kanojo while on her days off, at home, alone, with a nice cup of tea.

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough

This is a great question actually because I would honestly do both practices and games alike. Because practice makes perfect and anything to get an extra edge on any of the other teams. I think that anything to get as much time as I can to it's only a start but each and every day I'm getting better and better and more and more excited to what I can bring to my team. I also feel that games are a place to make me better and the last couple of games I have shown how important I can be to my team.  It's exciting to me that we can be awesome and keep going to be better in game my game and continue to improve in my game and hopefully make to the big leagues and show them what I got. Show here's to a bright future and the will to keep on going and to show people that I can help a team win a lot of games and possibly and championship in the future.

180 words

After almost a week of constant training/games, I can't imagine myself not being exhausted. Kappa has always been a fan of baseball but obviously grew up to play hockey professionally as he was raised in a Nordic country. With every bone aching, Kappa will just lay down on his sofa and watch some baseball games or whatever sports is on at the time. The Los Angeles Dodgers and the San Diego Padres are pretty exciting to watch this year so he is definitely looking forward to those games that would happen at night. The NBA playoffs are also coming very soon, so if he has an off-day during that time, he's definitely tuning into the Los Angeles Laker's playoff run. Kappa is also too lazy to cook so UberEats is his best friend. All around, his off-season is definitely a very lazy one but a well deserving one with all the training he has put in in the past year.

Code:
161 words

Seeing as I play in Edmonton, I imagine my one day off will be spent digging out my house that was buried from all the snow the past 6 days. Pre kids Sutton would probably boot up the PS5 and play some Call of Duty or something trying to relax. That wouldn't last long though because Call of Duty these days is more like Call of Doodoo.

Sutton has kids though and after an intense week of games and practice, that one day would be completely devoted to them. Whatever the family wanted to do is what Sutton would do. I imagine there would be tobogganing and playing in the snow or maybe even a trip to the ski hills, followed up with some hot chocolate, a warm fire, and a fun movie. Post kids Sutton would still find some time to fire up the PS5 and play some video games. This might not sound like the most exciting day off, but to me it sounds perfect.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

[Image: Aof1LFq.png]

Code:
Graphic task: Show how you're spending your day off.

I spent my day off at the home office of my charity ‘#A-Ryce Cake for almost everyone’ .. which is located in Toronto Ontario. I’m proud to say that we have delivered big on that promise as almost all of Niagara has been delivered a Rice cake. (Mail Delivery times vary)

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria