Create Account

S59 mPT #2 Hockey Cards
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2021, 07:37 PM by charlieconway.)

Quote:SHL trading cards are right around the corner, let's transport ourselves a few years in the future: which player will have the SHL equivalent of a first edition shadowless Charizard (as in very rare and very valuable)?
25 words minimum!

I'm gonna go for a 'retro' choice: Alonzo Garbonzo.

Take a look at his credentials:
Quote:1x Challenge Cup (S39)
9x 1st All-Star Team (S26, S27, S30, S31, S33, S35, S36, S37, S40)
2x 2nd All-Star Team (S24, S34)
2x 3rd All-Star Team (S29, S32)
5x Scott Stevens Trophy (S27, S31, S33, S37, S40)
1x Ron Mexico Trophy (S27)
Aidan Richan Trophy (S24)
5x Scott Stevens Nominee (S24, S26, S30, S35, S36)
1x Ron Mexico Nominee (S31)

You read that right... five times he won the Stevens (for best defenseman), five other times he was nominated for the award. Tell me that's not the best defenseman to ever play the game! It's insane how someone can be so good for so long... I doubt anyone tops that in the future.
You could probably find an old jersey of his and make a game-worn jersey card since those are always cool. That baby would sell for a fortune on eBay.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

I feel that my card will be pikachu because I'm a leader of all the pokemon that ash does have. I think I have a special something and I am very loyal to my team.

36 words

I mean, I don't mean to toot my own horn or anything but Chimkin Wing is the only forward in the history of the SHL to post a shutout in his SHL debut. That's right. Right wing play making forward Chimkin Wing posted a shutout in his very first SHL game.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

My money is on a Jonas Kahnwald sophomore card to be worth quite a bit in a few years, the guy is one of the brightest talents in the game yet for some reason he is still very underrated. Expect him to explode on the scene very soon!

[Image: enfXzz6.png]

The Otis B. Driftwood card will be a Calgary collectable as the legendary defender reaches year 20 in a hall of Fame esk career! Not to mention playing a whole career with big glasses and a nose patch is highly impressive.

@Slappydoodle

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

There is no doubt about the answer to this question. Vaseline Podcalzone's card will have the beegest value, and the beegest rarity despite it being so beeg. Beeg things coming from this player.

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

Someone who is underrated now - for whatever reason, but will later in their career do great things. Younger players are obvious picks, so someone like Rob Wright could be one. I guess they wont make too many cards about Wright early on, but real collectors will recognize the value and keep hold of them.

Nobody is gonna see this coming, but a Kev Kevens rookie card will become by far the most expensive and rarest SHL hockey card. Why? Because not many will see Kevens becoming the SHL's Gordie Howe, only a matter of time.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

This is a simple one for me. I hate to be that guy and toot on my own horn, but it would clearly be Tommy Tuck. The Man, The Myth, The Legend. He would have a shadowless Charizard card and be very rare, because of his rare and unique play for Season 45 where he won the MVP as well as the Blizzard won it all.

(66 Words)

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2021, 02:23 PM by Keven.)

(Clean) Andrei Kostitsyn will have the cleanest card in the league and everyone will want it because of all of his best quotes from twitter will be on the back of the card. He might even have a 1000TPE limited edition card which will be even more rare.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2021, 02:21 PM by golden_apricot.)

the first ultra rare card will be Axel Mezaros, because 99% of people will immediately discard that shit because of how awful of a player he is. Thank fuck he is retired.

The Vaseline Podcalzone rookie card will have the highest value in the future because he's going to be the greatest player of all time in hockey so the first card of him will probably be the rarest.

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

This still haunts me to this day, but it’s a signature Videl valor draft card, which of course does not even exist. Another card would be a Videl Valor rookie card from her first SMJHL season.

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

A Chimkin Tendy rookie card will be an extremely rare card when it comes time. Especially since he was undrafted, signed as a FA, understudy for two seasons, then went on to become a Four Star Champion his first year as a starter, as well as the Playoff MVP. The following season for his performance he had the league's best sv% as a tandem and won the leagues best Goalie award. Gnome Dab

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2021, 02:53 PM by leafsftw1967.)

With the SHL trading cards coming to the market by the end of the season there will be a lot of current players with high valued cards. In my opinion the value and rarity of cards come down to two major factors:

1. Scarcity Value- This is the simple effect of supply and demand of the trading card market. Unique cards, limited time runs, signed cards, rookie cards, vintage cards, and other rare cards are all worth more simply because there weren’t many to begin with and many of those that were manufactured have been lost.

In terms of the scarcity value I think one of the most rare cards will be the SMJHL rookie card for Cal Covid (now known as Name Redacted). The reason I think Cal Covid’s rookie card from his first season with the Vancouver Whalers was because of the rarity and scarcity of it. Quickly after being drafted into the SMJHL for the first time in SHL history, the league banned his name for being used in any sort of affiliation with the SMJHL and SHL forcing all merchandise with Covid’s name to be switched to “Name Redacted”. Looking back years from now the COVID pandemic will likely be a defining moment of the twenty first century and a catastrophic event that will re-shape everyday life around the world. Thus not only is the SHL banning a players name make the card extremely rare and valuable but also for the fact behind the impact COVID has had worldwide. In addition, Name Redacted (also known as Cal Covid) has showed a lot of promise in the SHL and is set to take his game to the next level as the starting goalie for the Manhattan Rage.

2. The Player's Accomplishments and Popularity- Stars and legends will always fetch a higher price than unknown players, no matter how rare. Short-term performance and negative publicity may cause cards to fluctuate because of this. Once a player retires however, their performance and stardom is often solidified. This means hockey legends are often immune to price fluctuations.

By season seventy when Elizabeth Doyle’s career is done her card is going to be arguably one of the rarest of them all based on all of her personal accolades. Even to date while still playing in the SHL she has solidified herself as one of if not the best female player to ever don a uniform in the SHL. As reigning back to back John McBride winner for the best goalie in the SHL, a Challenge Cup Champion and even being given some consideration in the past couple seasons for the Ron Mexico award, Doyle has established herself as the best and most consistently successful goalie in the SHL right now. On top of this Doyle is already in the top ten for all time career shutouts and is second all time in goals against average and save percentage out of all goalies in SHL history. The crazy part is Doyle has not even reached her full potential yet as she is still another two seasons away from regressions so she is bound to continue improving her game. When her career comes to an end I expect her to be the leader in all time shutouts, top ten in wins, save percentage, goals against average and have the most McBride wins and at least another couple more Challenge Cups which would make her the most accomplished goalie and female SHLer ever.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars