Create Account

Finals PBP Thread

04-29-2021, 10:31 AMPremierBromanov Wrote: so more engagement on site, less engagement on streaming and discord?

to add: i want to say that some sort of ADDITIONAL thread for certain games be made on site (really by anyone) because it IS fun to interact with you fine gentlemen on the site outside of thunderdomes and other drama. An official "Finals Game 1" type of thing would be great. One of the strengths of the site, as opposed to discord, is it is far better at asynchronous communication. It holds a place for conversation that can be visited at different times of day without missing out.

So for me, nay to nixing the stream, yay for additional game threads, even one for each playoff game or series.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2021, 02:43 PM by leviadan.)

04-29-2021, 12:54 PMPremierBromanov Wrote:
04-29-2021, 10:31 AMPremierBromanov Wrote: so more engagement on site, less engagement on streaming and discord?

to add: i want to say that some sort of ADDITIONAL thread for certain games be made on site (really by anyone) because it IS fun to interact with you fine gentlemen on the site outside of thunderdomes and other drama. An official "Finals Game 1" type of thing would be great. One of the strengths of the site, as opposed to discord, is it is far better at asynchronous communication. It holds a place for conversation that can be visited at different times of day without missing out.

So for me, nay to nixing the stream, yay for additional game threads, even one for each playoff game or series.

I actually like that idea quite a bit. A lot of us are probably familiar with Reddit post game threads in the sub of whatever team you cheer for. PGTs for finals / semi finals could be a lot of fun.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2021, 03:06 PM by DELIRIVM.)

04-29-2021, 10:50 AMlespoils Wrote: 1 hour game full highlights with a narrator and color commentary

This would be interesting, but only for elimination games.

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

04-29-2021, 09:55 AMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
04-29-2021, 12:36 AM39alaska39 Wrote: I feel like the word likely is doing a lot of heavy lifting here Cal

OOTP improves their baseball game's visual sim each season and pretty drastically too. I'd expect the same for hockey but I suppose you're right you never know until it's released.

have you seen the visuals the actual NHL uses?

I think we are peak visuals regarding hockey sims unfortunately LOL

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

04-29-2021, 12:36 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
04-29-2021, 11:40 AMMyLittleHexx Wrote: Doesn't OOTP have a much larger team than FHM? Like, FHM is only a one or two person team, yeah?

It does, but I don't know which team members work on what. Maybe Teddy would know but I pretty certain that a fair amount of their resources go into the fantasy baseball part of the game because that generates revenue.

There are really only 3 devs doing FHM work, and one is technically the "producer", so 2 full time. It's an extremely small group, especially compared to OOTP (I don't know how many they have but I'd wager it's at least 10).

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

04-29-2021, 10:50 AMlespoils Wrote: 1 hour game full highlights with a narrator and color commentary

I've wanted this forever. Our current sims are predominantly visual only which gives a narrow scope for how they can be enjoyed. A special section of media dedicated to doing audio-centric Play By Play and Color Commentary for games would be a dream come true

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa