Create Account

S59 Graphics Contest: Wallpapers - Voting Overview
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2021, 09:25 PM by Ruggsy. Edit Reason: round 2 voting links added )

Hello and welcome to the voting part of the S59 Wallpaper Contest!
Stampede Dragons Blizzard Steelhawks Panthers Rage Monarchs Wolfpack pride Barracuda Renegades Stars Platoon Aurora syndicate Specters Argonauts Inferno Falcons Timber Kraken Scarecrows Raptors Knights Armada Whalers Berserkers Outlaws Citadelles Battleborn

Our talented artists have been busy these last two weeks and the results are 30 amazing Full HD (1920x1080) wallpapers, one for each team in the league, and of course we want to share them with you so you can vote for the prize winners. What is even better is that you can use these right away if you like. There are download links to all of them below. If some of the artists made alternate versions, larger versions or mobile versions: you are free to share them as well!

Here are our participants and the teams they designed a wallpaper for:

SHL contest:

Northwest:
Calgary Dragons: @GeckoeyGecko 
Edmonton Blizzard: @Ruggsy 
Minnesota Monarchs: @Patty 
Seattle Argonauts: @Ragnar 
Winnipeg Aurora: @Matteo 

Southwest:
Los Angeles Panthers: @Julio Tokolosh 
New Orleans Specters: @fever95 
San Francisco Pride: @Jumbobone19 
Texas Renegades: @qWest 

Great Lakes:
Buffalo Stampede: @Wasty 
Chicago Syndicate: @juniped 
Hamilton Steelhawks: @SlashACM 
Toronto North Stars: @sulovilen 

Atlantic:
Atlanta Inferno: @EricNCSU 
Baltimore Platoon: @leviadan 
Manhattan Rage: @tweedledunn 
New England Wolfpack: @Amidships 
Tampa Bay Barracuda: @ckroyal92

SMJHL contest:

Pacific:
Anaheim Outlaws: @Capt_Blitzkrieg 
Anchorage Armada: @takethehorizon 
Colorado Raptors: @Kyamprac
Kelowna Knights: @Keven 
Nevada Battleborn: @siddhus 
Vancouver Whalers: @OrbitingDeath 

Atlantic:
Carolina Kraken: @Mooney 
Detroit Falcons: @HanTheMan_ 
Maine Timber: @FlappyGiraffe 
Newfoundland Berserkers: @sköldpaddor 
Quebec City Citadelles: @TapdancingNecrons 
St. Louis Scarecrows: @reid

We also asked the participants for feedback about this type of contest and overall it was very positive.

"I have never done anything like this before and really enjoyed it."

"Had lots of fun with this, would love to see more similar stuff in the future! Smile"

"Fun competition!"

"graphics department is great"

These are just some of the comments we have received and it inspires us to try out some new contest formats in the future.

Where can I see all the wallpapers?

A Google Slides presentation with all the wallpapers if you want to get a quick, complete overview before voting (this works on mobile too):
>>Google Slides Presentation<<

Individual download links: Or: All as .zip file (~63MB)

Where and how can I vote?
This contest is split into two parts: an SHL part and an SMJHL part. Both will have three rounds of voting.

The SHL part of the contest will have four groups in the first round, one representing each division in the league. The top two voted wallpapers from each division will proceed to round two. You have two votes in each of the four polls.
The next round will see the two winners from each division, but split up into the East and West, like the conferences. Four in the East and four in the West. This time you have three votes as the top 3 in each group will proceed to the finals.
In the final round we will have a total of six participants. Now you only have one vote this time to vote for your favorite. All six finalists will win prize money, but the ranking (1st place -> 6th place) depends on the number of votes each participant will get.

The SMJHL part is very similar, but we will start with two groups (two conferences) with six participants in each group. You will have four votes in the first round. 
The next round will stay in the two conferences, but this time you only have two votes on each side. In the final round we will have four participants and you get to vote for your favorite.
Like in the SHL part, each of them will win a prize, but the ranking (1st place > 4th place) depends on the number of votes each participant will get.

In case of a tie in either contest, all graphics graders that don't actively participate in the contest will get an extra vote. The polls will be closed automatically by the forum when the voting time is up. If you have further questions about the polls, please ask @Ruggsy.

TL;DR: doesn't matter, go directly to the polls below and come back for the other rounds later.

Voting links

SHL: SMJHL:
What are the prizes for the winners?

SHL contest

1st place: $6M
2nd place: $5M
3rd place: $4M
4th place: $3M
5th place: $2M
6th place: $1.25M

SMJHL contest

1st place: $6M
2nd place: $5M
3rd place: $4M
4th place: $3M

Everyone who doesn't place among the top 6 (or top 4 on SMJHL) finalists is allowed to submit their wallpaper for grading and receive a 2x bonus. These will be graded in the 'art' category. Make sure to write a note in the weekly submission thread that your wallpaper was part of this contest so the graders are informed.

Please join our graphics discord if you want to be more involved with the graphics community, learn how to improve your graphic skills and be the first to know about upcoming contests.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2021, 10:21 AM by ImShiny.)

05-01-2021, 09:20 AMtweedledunn Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]
might be biased but you did amazing on the Rage one

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

Stampede

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Man this whole tournament is excellent.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

05-01-2021, 10:21 AMImShiny Wrote:
05-01-2021, 09:20 AMtweedledunn Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]
might be biased but you did amazing on the Rage one

Here are some larger sizes and a 1080p with the logo moved up a bit to account for the Windows taskbar.

1920x1080
2560x1440
3840x2160

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

We should have a team wallpaper sub section.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

05-02-2021, 11:12 PMMike Izzy Wrote: We should have a team wallpaper sub section.

For submissions or where?

sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]

Thanks for everyone who voted for the wallpapers in this contest. While all 30 submissions were great, only 10 of them were lucky enough to make the finals and win some prize money. Here are you winners:

SHL contest

1st place: @Ragnar
2nd place: @Julio Tokolosh
3rd place: @ckroyal92
4th place: @Jumbobone19
5th place: @sulovilen
6th place: @tweedledunn

SMJHL contest

1st place: @sköldpaddor
2nd place: @siddhus
3rd place: @FlappyGiraffe
4th place: @takethehorizon

Congrats! Cheers

Stars Lions Berserkers