Create Account

GoB's Thread about Writing

I'm considering self-publishing one of the 3 novels I've written so far. If I did, it would likely be between $9.99 and $12.99, depending on where it gets published. The one I have in mind is a modern fantasy, about a living woman trapped in the world of the dead.

If I did self-publish, would anyone here buy it? I'd have to do some digging on preorder systems and things like that.

Starting RIGHT NOW through 2-27!

A portion of the sales of my latest short story, -7, will be donated to The Trevor Project, an organization that works to prevent suicide in LGBTQ+ youths. It's a small thing I'm trying to do to make a positive impact on the world, which seems to be just absolutely batshit insanely on fire right now.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09T9G5ZJD

02-24-2022, 09:04 PMGifter of Bikes Wrote: Starting RIGHT NOW through 2-27!

A portion of the sales of my latest short story, -7, will be donated to The Trevor Project, an organization that works to prevent suicide in LGBTQ+ youths. It's a small thing I'm trying to do to make a positive impact on the world, which seems to be just absolutely batshit insanely on fire right now.

It was a pretty good short story. Well worth the 99 cents and for the good cause

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

I love the cover art of this book. Ima buy it here in a bit.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

02-24-2022, 09:20 PMluke Wrote:

It was a pretty good short story. Well worth the 99 cents and for the good cause

Thank you! <3

02-24-2022, 09:39 PMRagnar Wrote:

I love the cover art of this book. Ima buy it here in a bit.

Thanks! It was a concept I had but couldn't execute, so I ran a little contest in the VHL and had 4 different ones submitted based on my concept. That one won the vote, but I loved something about each of them, to be honest.

Also, if anyone who buys it would be kind enough to leave a review, that would be very much appreciated.

Sales numbers to this point are disappointing, to say the least. If you are planning on buying the story, there's 24 hours left before I close the charitable part of this promotion.
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2022, 07:15 AM by OrbitingDeath.)

Had no idea the story was released, purchased it. Have to read about the brilliance of OD Tech <3

Edit: Awesome read Smile One I probably could read more about if it were a full book series.

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

02-27-2022, 06:45 AMOrbitingDeath Wrote: Had no idea the story was released, purchased it. Have to read about the brilliance of OD Tech <3

Edit: Awesome read Smile One I probably could read more about if it were a full book series.

Thank you for all you've done with this project. I hope I can get the novel that happens afterwards published someday.

02-27-2022, 08:29 AMGifter of Bikes Wrote:
02-27-2022, 06:45 AMOrbitingDeath Wrote: Had no idea the story was released, purchased it. Have to read about the brilliance of OD Tech <3

Thank you for all you've done with this project. I hope I can get the novel that happens afterwards published someday.

Thanks man, but you've done all the actual work. I just gave an idea for charity Smile i am happy to see OD Tech come to live though. And remember , if you ever need something just reach out.

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

02-27-2022, 09:31 AMOrbitingDeath Wrote:
02-27-2022, 08:29 AMGifter of Bikes Wrote: Thank you for all you've done with this project. I hope I can get the novel that happens afterwards published someday.

Thanks man, but you've done all the actual work. I just gave an idea for charity Smile i am happy to see OD Tech come to live though. And remember , if you ever need something just reach out.

Will do!

Thinking about running a free promo on one of my short stories. Before I do, though, I want to know:

WILL YOU DOWNLOAD A FREE SHORT STORY!?

If you do, will you leave a review?

Anybody?