Create Account

GoB's Thread about Writing

Looking at either a heady sci-fi short called Birdsong or a modern action fantasy called What Happened Next. Would like some feedback, if anyone is willing to actually download/read/review. Again, it's FREE.

03-17-2022, 04:24 PMGifter of Bikes Wrote: Thinking about running a free promo on one of my short stories. Before I do, though, I want to know:

WILL YOU DOWNLOAD A FREE SHORT STORY!?

If you do, will you leave a review?

I would download a free short story and leave a review for you!

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

sure let's see it!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

Going to be free Sunday and Monday.

ATTENTION!

Free from now until Monday at midnight:

https://t.co/In2q8k8T0z

11-12-2021, 12:36 PMGifter of Bikes Wrote: First rejection received on a novel. Feel like I should get an Achievement Trophy for that.

Just the first step to getting signed

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

03-20-2022, 05:28 PMHabsFanFromOntario Wrote:
11-12-2021, 12:36 PMGifter of Bikes Wrote: First rejection received on a novel. Feel like I should get an Achievement Trophy for that.

Just the first step to getting signed

Yeah...if only the publishing industry wasn't totally on fire right now.

Hope you're doing well, bud.

03-20-2022, 07:56 AMGifter of Bikes Wrote: ATTENTION!

Free from now until Monday at midnight:

https://t.co/In2q8k8T0z

Enjoyable read GoB! Thanks for making it available!

Cheers

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Email received on Friday from a startup Indy Publisher in London, requesting one of my full manuscripts. They said that they've never had a reader react to a submission like this before, as the reader requested the full before finishing chapter 1 of the 3 chapter submission. A good feeling to have on a Friday afternoon.

...and woke up to a rejection on that manuscript today.

12-06-2022, 08:46 AMGifter of Bikes Wrote: ...and woke up to a rejection on that manuscript today.
Keep grinding, GoB.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

12-06-2022, 06:56 PMAce Wrote:
12-06-2022, 08:46 AMGifter of Bikes Wrote: ...and woke up to a rejection on that manuscript today.
Keep grinding, GoB.

Thanks. It's been a tough year.

Hey folks. Hope you are all doing well. Nothing new to report on the writing front. I had a list of 1000+ agents from 2021 and probably half of them no longer work in the industry. I narrowed it down to 30 or so kid-lit agents and have slowly been querying them.

In the meantime, I did start a gaming channel on YouTube. If anybody wants to check it out, I'm almost to 100 subs. New video goes up every day, and I'm looking at getting a few PC upgrades come Black Friday, so the video quality should have a nice bump soon.

https://youtube.com/@AlexIsgAEming?si=_Dnd-MbNK3I2NEWu

As for me personally, I'm getting some kind of promotion but we haven't figured out the title or salary yet. I'm going to be the director of IT at the district where I work, which is something I was planning on going for in 5-ish years time, but it's happening now and completely out of my control. Our team of 4 is shrinking to 3, and then one of my coworkers/supervisees-to-be put in his resignation. My other coworker has an interview yesterday. So I'll be the director of a team of me. An army of me, for you bjork fans.