Create Account

Carolina Management Update
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2021, 04:44 PM by sve7en.)

[350 words]

[Image: CarolinaKraken.png]

Hey y'all -

It's been an eventful and somewhat emotional weekend hours for sure. Overdoo was the first Carolina draft pick that really felt like I alone made the call on, and watching him over the last year grow as a person and as a member of our team and the league as a whole really reinforced in my mind what I value most about what I've had the chance to do in this league - help people maximize the fun they have in this league and enable them to love it in the same way I have. It's unfortunate that that occasionally leads to losing some of these people to SHL GM jobs or HO/Commish jobs, but at the same time it means I must be doing something right.

I wanted to make sure my hiring process is thorough and allows to not disrupt those interested in the spot who are working in HO, with other teams, in other site jobs, or disrupt any of those aspects of the league with a mid-season hire.

In the short term, @Mazatt is joining me for the rest of the season as an "interim" Co-GM, though it's the full Co-GM position. Smatt is one of the few members of management who doesn't have conflicting commitments right now and he has been a trusted voice in my ear since joining that group a few seasons back. Regardless of if he applies for or has long term Co interest, I think this move gives me needed backup and gives him incredible experience to both add to his resume and see if this is something he would like to do down the road. As Championship Week comes around I'll be talking with anyone interested about the long term position, but I'm super excited to finish out the season with Smatt and think that he's a natural fit for a team and org surging out of the reload years.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Kraken Kraken Kraken

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Super excited to be welcomed into a bigger role in Carolina to end off the season. GOATverdoo is leaving some very big shoes to fill, but I got some big feet of my own to fill them with. Kraken

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Hope Matt gets the opportunity to stick in long term, great guy with a ton of potential.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

Ph

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

ah yes a placeholder for @Frostbite

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap