Create Account

S59 PT #3 Free Agent Pitch
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2021, 09:24 PM by Keenan.)

Written task: This offseason will see an expansion draft, which should presumably mean that teams will have a few more spaces to fill and a bit more cap to play with. That being said, free agency might be a bit more exciting than usual. Write a general pitch to free agents to tell what your team/city offers. (150+ words)
Graphic task: Make a pamphlet you can foist off on prospective free agents before they get a chance to refuse.
You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
Deadline: Sunday, May 9th at 11:59PM ET

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only, it is not for SMJHL rookies.

Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride

[Image: Q4Adkgo.png]

PT Pass

Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride

[Image: Q4Adkgo.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-09-2021, 12:38 AM by Dextaria.)

An original team in the SHL and a hockey city without a doubt. The Toronto North Stars is home to the leagues best up and coming team with one of the best opportunities to win a cup. Our GMs ml and Ursin have done a great job constructing a team and putting together a competitive squad. We don't call ml "Mr. Galaxy Brain" for nothing. Plus, we got players from all around the world with someone to talk to during all hours of the day.

Speaking more about Toronto as a City, sure property values are sky high right now but that's more of an opportunity to move in with a teammate and get to know them better! But besides the property values and rather cold weather, Toronto is home to a multicultural community so there's lots to do. With that, there's certainly gonna be something you like to eat here. The food is amazing. Plus, the outdoor rinks and snow make for a great way to practice your skills and hone in on your abilities in the excellent outdoors like how the first hockey players did.

From the people to the City, there's a lot to look forward to with the Toronto North Stars!

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2021, 11:37 PM by yosh.)

Seattle is located in the beautiful, beautiful, Pacific Northwest. I cannot emphasize this enough, but seriously, the scenery you can find out here in this region of North America is just brilliant. We have some of the most lovely forests and nature parks, some great mountains as well, and obviously plenty of sea along the coast.

Seattle is a great city as well with a pretty modern vibe to it. Plenty of tech companies are based in Seattle. It's a bit rainy at times, but that's alright if you have an umbrella, and especially if you spend a lot of time at an indoor rink training.

From a hockey standpoint, the Seattle Argonauts have a really bright future. They have a relatively young core, with plenty of rookies and prospects getting the callup in the near future. The team is really looking at a nice window of competition for a good chunk of seasons.

WC: 154

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: YOSHI.png?ex=65f214ee&is=65df9fee&hm=80f...e73badf86&]
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2021, 11:19 PM by hockeyiscool.)

Tampa is a hot destination. Nothing says Tampa like the sugar shore it is built upon. It is one of the more texturally pleasing sand when it comes to beaches. It is so enjoyed because it is such a fine type of sand, made up majorly of pure white quartz crystal from the Appalachian mountains that was deposited into the gulf of Mexico. With the sugar shore, it is also a hot destination for "cheeky beaches''. There is no shortage of "honies" that flock to this area and has a large fit community with a lot of potential untapped assets. Compared to other areas of Florida, there are no pythons in downtown Tampa. Thanks to government aid. One of the largest benefits of Tampa is that you get to experience the night light with the Tampa Bay Barracuda superfan James Harden. He is very well known for going out on the town with the players and being heavily involved after hours.

[161 words]

Come and join a bunch of Kool Kats in the carnival capital of the U S of A. You want to celebrate mardis gras with the best of them. Collect beads like no other skater before you, you've come to the right place. Here in NOLA we like to work hard, skate hard, party hard.
You want beer? We've got lots.
You want vodka? We've got many.
Did I hear you ask for sambuca? We Dont want you, that's a revolting drink.
Now here at the Specters we don't just party, we make sure you are in prime shape and peak physical fitness. Speaking of prime, did I mention we have a farm of prime wagyu style cows. Ready for you to harvest and make a cracking dinner.
You want to look fly? Our sick purple uniforms make even the dullest of people look fresher than Will Smith in Belair.
If this doesn't make you want to come to NOLA we are also a young up and coming team. We may be bottom of the barrel this season but give us another couple and we'll be bringing you with us to many a championship.

[Image: Hockeymans.gif]
[Image: E8Qr7c5.gif]
Sigs by: Rum Ham, Orbiting Death x2, Enigmatic & Kyamprac

well well well, a free agent is out in the market and wondering what team they want to be on? Look no further than the metal birds up north, your Challenge cup winner Hamilton Steelhawks. On the ice? We're the team of the decade. Nothing but winning in the past 10 seasons, and the team is showing no signs of slowing down this season. Point totals, defensive numbers, hardware, we got it all and we got it in droves my man. Off the ice? We have one of the best locker rooms I've ever seen (the best). Voice chats every night, constant games going on, The Nour Harrak movie night every Friday? Sheeeesh these boys are sick nasty. Don't care about that? well we have constant watchers every sim to talk about the games going on and our stats are posted after every game. We are very active and would love to have any big earners or big personalities in the bird nest (I just came up with that).

[Image: rotti.gif]

Have you ever wanted to play with the God of Thunder Hockey? A below average goalie, but top class being? Well boy do I have a pitch for you, we in Seattle can offer you a wide variety of activities and sights to see if you were to decide to bring your talents to the Rainy City! Such amazing things as:
  • Rain!
  • Look at where they build planes
  • A big pointy building
  • Hipsters
  • It's raining again
  • Ride the S.L.U.T
  • Sometimes see mountains
  • Enjoy a sunbreak
  • More rain!
  • Seattle Argonauts
In summary, come and play with us at the Seattle Argonauts - I'll take you out on the town personally when you get here, and show you all the rain your heart desires. I should have lead with that - a night on the town with Thor Odinson, drinks and meals not included you cheapskate we're splitting bills.

[Image: Thor-Hockey_2.gif]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: greg.png?ex=656fa055&is=655d2b55&hm=c3f3...f36747c30&]
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2021, 11:26 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

^^^^^

Our ‘path of a dragon’ video above showcases the dragons hyper media coverage, and there’s real truth to that! Playing for Calgary is as high profile as it gets in the SHL.. Dragons.TV videos, the largest registered Twitter account in the SHL, the leagues only scorebook program.. we are the sweeps week of coverage!...and it goes past these media tools.. With 8 Challenge cups and playoff participants in 34 of the last 35 seasons, the Dragons are the flagship franchise of this site.. for those that want a real lasting defining legacy for themselves, coming to Calgary is a dream destination!

Calgary is a fun and exciting user experience!.. our locker room is filled with great people and some real characters .. its a tight knit community with no drama..there’s always something fun and interesting going on..it’s also a who’s who of big names on the site.

There’s allot going on in Calgary! We have activity in every area of the league.. in conjunction with a great discord locker room, we’re the only franchise to have a thriving viverant team locker room on the site, as seen below!

[Image: image1.png]

That’s just from the 2 weeks here in s59! ^^

We have the largest community section in the league! We take our franchise and player legacies very serious! Players will always be remembered in Calgary!

[Image: image0.png]

*Calgary is in need of Centers/Forwards!.. young, in prime and older!.. we don’t discriminate.. and we are going to be active in free agency...

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Minnesota has a plethora of benefits to any prospective free agents. The top one, I would say, is the leadership. I've often held as a personal belief that enjoying your time spent with a team directly correlates with how good the team's leadership is. The leaders in Minnesota are helpful and ever-present, which I know isn't always the case for teams. The LR is active, and welcoming, and the team itself has shown good results as of late, indicating an upward trend for the future. In that same vein, because of Minnesota's history of results, this is a great place for someone on a higher table team to come to prove themselves, get more minutes, and make their mark if they feel they aren't getting the respect they feel they deserve on their current team. Minnesota is in a great place for prospective diamonds to come and show their luster, to find the opportunity to shine as bright as they feel they can.

[Image: bXyuiQK.png?2]
Alucard,Apr 14 2016, 03:33 PM Wrote:May the harvest be with you, young spud.
enigmatic,Aug 26 2016, 10:05 AM Wrote:Jedi could have 1 TPE and still improve any team [Image: ashamed0001.gif]
[Image: uyTKBKH.png]
[Image: jSQTZY7.png]

First ever Norwegian IIHF Goal!!
Code:
2. Team Norway , Jackson Rodgers-Tanaka 1 (Isabella Esparza-Osvaldson, Aleksander Andrezjeck) at 5:50

Special Thanks to Count Chocula for the Hugo G sig <3

I don't have enough knowledge about the city of Seattle so I will focus on the team of Argonauts. Argonauts is a hockey club on the rise and tries to achieve a playoff spot for the first time. This season has began pretty well and the team is over 0.500% so far. The club has one of the best defences in the league and also forward group is a solid one. Argonauts has a good mix of youth and experience but there is always room for couple additions. We already have guys who have some experience about winning and those guys try to implement some winning culture to the whole organisation. They will spread their silence knowledge so our young guys including myself can develop our hockey skills in the rink. The standard of play is rising all the time and the team is getting close for being a true contender for the cup. When it comes to locker room, it seems to be pretty nice too. Personally for me the most important thing is that team wins and I am sure this team will win a lot of hockey games in the future.

[Image: salming.png]

What comes to your mind when you think about San Francisco? That red bridge, nice weather, Alcatraz? If you said yes to any of those, you are correct. Hey, my name is Raivo Helminen. I used to be a prospect for San Fransisco Pride, today I'm here to tell you about San Francisco as a city and as a team, so you can start thinking about where to sign as a free agent!

San Fransisco Pride has been in SHL since 2017. The home arena has a capacity of just over 18 000, so the atmosphere is intense. The logo, jerseys, and overall color theme are one of the nicest looking in SHL, so when you play for Pride, you will look great.

As a team, the Pride is on the way up. The roster and organization are full of young players who are steadily improving. That could be intimidating to some, but if you are not afraid of some healthy competition you will love it in San Francisco.

If you are looking for a team that is going to be among the best teams in SHL in the future. If you are looking for players who are steadily improving. San Francisco Pride is the team for you!

This message has been sponsored by Raivo Helminen TPE Foundation - where there's TPE there's a way.
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2021, 03:34 AM by _Blitz_.)

Toronto is a pretty great team to play for, both for our team structure and the city itself.

Despite a history of struggle, our current roster is a powerhouse that's been built almost from the ground up. It's a blend of predominantly draftees and prospect trades, but we do have a couple of spaces where a free agent would slot in nicely. Our team culture is set up to foster openness between the team and management, and support between teammates. We have a group chat that is very dedicated to posting pet and food pictures. We have our Captain and Assistants, but everybody in the locker room has an impact. We're pretty close-knit, but we always have space for more friends and teammates along the way.

The city of Toronto is also pretty great. I like the parks, especially Harbour Square Park on the waterfront by the arena and Garrison Common down by the Coliseum. They're great for concerts, picnics, and walking the dog. A bunch of us went to see The Weeknd a few months ago when he performed at the Common, and that was pretty cool. The restaurant scene is also pretty good, with a lot of Asian Fusion places, a couple of good diners, and an unexpectedly nice barbecue place all with a couple of miles' walk from the arena. My favorite place, though, is Jacobs & Co, the steakhouse that we frequent as a team when we have big games and/or friends in town.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

PT Pass

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath