Create Account

S59 SMJHL PT #4 - Pre-game playlist

1. Release the Kraken, Ninja Sex Party: honestly if you need me to explain why this is in here you just need to give your head a shake.
2. Kickstart my Heart, Motley Cure: a classic pump-up song, belongs in every good workout playlist and pre-game set
3. The Irish Rover, the Dubliners: at the request of Cormac. Says it reminds him of his homeland, gives him the patriotic jumpstart he needs to block those shots.
4. 4:33, John Cage: Osada demanded this be put in. We don't know why but he falls into a trance during the song and everybody's scared to disturb him. Once you get into it it's not a bad tune. Gives you time to reflect on things, get your head ready. Dude's a goalie, they're hella weird.
5. Cotton-Eyed Joe, Rednex: this falls into the pre-game playlist, and especially at number 5. Bjorn Bjorn insisted on this, as, according to him: "the pounding rhythms and obnoxious annoyance allow me to channel the spirits of my ancestors and drive myself into a berserk rage right before I step onto the ice. Honestly it's all a blur once the guitar hits. I usually come to in the showers post-game and have to get the guys to catch me up on how I played."

[Image: banes.png]

"We Are The Champions" by Queen- The reigning, defending Four Star Cup Champions cannot not play this, am I right?

"Heart Of A Champion" by Hollywood Undead (w/Papa Roach and Ice Nine Kills)- It's a hype song, and it ties in somewhat nicely to the Championship theme to get psyched up for a game.

"We Will Rock You" by In This Moment (w/Taylor Momsen and Lzzy Hale)- New twist on a classic- and popular- sports theme, this is a great song to bring some energy and get in a mindset to take it to the opposition on the ice.

"Man In The Box" by Alice In Chains- For those moments the officials don't understand the "no blood, no foul" rule and send Boris, Cloud or Gardner to the penalty box. Would it really be that much to ask of them to turn a few blind eyes?

"The Gun Show" by In This Moment- In honor of all of our offensive weapons just firing off shots, and scoring those goals!

Code:
Word Count: 171

[Image: GardnerNoTeam.jpg?width=747&height=420]

[Image: 6NMRsPT.png]

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2021, 09:46 AM by EinoKooBOSS.)

[Image: l5R9jX0.jpg]

Pregame music means hype music:

First song on my playlist is Run DMC - Its Like That (Original)

Why does this song make the playlist as its quite simple. This song is a constant reminder that we as hockey players have it made as we play a game to make millions. Plus its a huge amazing beat that gets the blood flowing and allows everyone to get loose and possibly do some dancing to enjoy the time.

Da Rude - Sandstorm

How can you say hype and get the blood flowing before a game without this song. This song screams just get up and start running and skating and getting your mind into the game. This songs beat is so powerful it does not need words.

Eminem - Lose Yourself

A song when you need to remind ourselves of our dreams of being a professional hockey player Lose Yourself is the one that puts us back into why we sacrifice what we did for our dream. We just got to lose ourselves in our belief and to take it to the rink every day and every shift. This song will be the hype out track.

Lights - Skydiving

Last but not least, not a song that will hype up everyone but a song that will cool us down as if we put on 5 songs that scream adrenaline it would flat out kill us as our hearts would beat out of our chests and we would die. This is just a nice song that has a good beat that brings Canada to Maine and plus Lights is a babe.

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!

St. Louis takes an easy listening approach to life and hockey. While other teams are hyped up on metal and 'roids, the Scarecrows are rollin' with the flow and havin' fun.

1. Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes - Jimmy Buffett - Gotta keep your head held high, even at the bottom of the standings. And won't be snobs when we're at the top.
2. True - Spandeau Ballet - "I know this much is true:" St. Louis is not great right now.
3. In Too Deep - Genesis - This starts playing around the midway point of many games.
4. She's Gone - Hall & Oates - Thinking about the Four Star Cup this year.
5. Scar Tissue - Red Hot Chili Peppers - All this losing is building up that scar tissue. It takes thick skin to win it all next season.
Honorable Mention: Looking Out My Back Door - CCR - That bayou music made its way up river. Just a great song. 

That's all folks! Take it Easy! (The Eagles???)

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

The Detroit Falcons are a serious bunch when it comes to preparing for the pre-game. An elite team such as this does everything to get focused and get their minds in the game. A large part of the pre-game of the Detroit Falcons is their music selection. The music serves to relieve any stress as well.

1. The falcons like to throw in a bit of rap. One song that comes to mind is Get By - Talib Kweli. This rap song is great for getting the head in the game with a good track and a high quality rapper.

2. Next go-to-song is Kanye West - Touch The Sky. Good beat and motivating lyrics. One of Kanye's better songs too.

3. Mac Miller - Best Day Ever. This song gives inspiration to da rookies talking about not being an average joe anymore and stuff. Good beat too.

4. Throwing some electronic music into the mix, the next one is Alesso - Take My Breath Away. This upbeat electronic music helps to energize the players.

5. Last but not least is Kanye West - Stronger. This is a well known song that gets everyone pumped up for the game.

[Image: unknown.png]

"Bring back Pingy Pingu Lunga Gumba esq. And I mean bring him all the way back. I want every thread on this forum that involves even a modicum of salt to get razed to the ground by our most notorious shitposting penguin. I want every thunderdome to drown in ABAGABA spam and a signature that doesn't end. I want the userbase of this fine league to cower in terror, slinking about the forums and making as little noise as possible for fear of attracting the Shitpost Slenderman. When some poor immigrant from the NFL sim blunders into the forum and makes an angry post about how his player slipped to the early second round despite having done ALL the rookie tasks(!), let the veteran survivalists stare in horror and pity while the newbie rages. They will know it is only a matter of time before @Pingy Pingu descends upon his post like a ravening wolf and obliterates his tread, reducing it to a radioactive waste-dump of unintelligible spam. They will not interfere, for Pingy is our immune system. Because he can take it. Our Dark Knight of Shitposting"

Sig credit to @WannabeFinn @JSS @Mordaciious @Mayuu @TommySalami
                                              Falcons banner credit to @karey

As the team notices the silence of the locker room, I reach for the blue tooth button on our speakers.  I know exactly what the boys need to hear before the game in order to play at our best.  As pull my phone out, I open Spotify and hit that three letter band we all love.  That’s right, No Scrubs by TLC is our first song played.  This is essential to remind the boys that we do not have to settle for these scrub opponents, and there will be better competition in the playoffs.  As the song nears its end, I quickly queue up Nazi Punks, Fuck Off by the dead Kennedys.  I like to play this song to remind the world of our inner hatred for the fascists in the 1940s.  Next, White Lightning by George jones.  This song is solely played for when we take our ritual moonshine shot before the game.  Thins the blood, gets us going.  Next song that comes on is Painkiller by Judas Priest.  At this point we are turning up the tempo and getting hyped for the game.  Finally, I bring the hammer down with Stab by Mortician.  This song make us feel invincible and ready to take on a rabid tiger.  I believe these 5 songs to be the perfect playlist for any pregame locker room situation.

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2021, 10:58 PM by Highhaschdi.)

The Anaheim Outlaws have lots of different types of songs on their team's pre-game playlist, so let's talk about the 5 most played songs.
First on the list is the song Sk8er Boi by Avril Lavigne. While it's not about skating in the sense of ice hockey, the players love that song and always sing along.
The next one that is also played at every game is Outlaw by Neoni which is a fitting song name for a theme named Outlaws.
Third in the list, we have It's a long way to the top by AC/DC. This one is perfect for the junior league and the message keeps us players grinding hard every day to get to the top.
Song number four is We will rock you by Queen to start getting us really hyped for the game.
Last song on the list is Eye of the Tiger by Survivor which is played right before we go out on the ice.

(167 words)

The first song on Vancouver's pre-game playlist is one of the most obvious songs, Dreams and Nightmares by Meek Mill. One of the most common hype songs, and for good reason, Dreams and Nightmares is a classic banger that gets everyone hype and in the mood to run through a wall for your teammates.

The next song on the playlist is JUMP by DaBaby and myself, NeverBrokeAgain YoungBoy. Bias aside, this song is a banger that protrudes nothing but good vibes and a beat that makes you move and get hype.

The next song on the Vancouver pre-game playlist is Make No Sense by myself, NeverBrokeAgain YoungBoy. Bias intended, this song is great. Enough said.

After that, is Kacey Talk by myself, NeverBrokeAgain YoungBoy. Now, actually bias aside, this song isn't hype but it does get you vibing out and in a great mood before the game. Now, bias intended, this song is classic.

The next song on the playlist is Bandit by Juice WRLD and myself, NeverBrokeAgain YoungBoy. First of all, RIP Juice. Young GOAT. This song is banger just like every other song Juice was on, not to mention ya boi had a dope ass verse.

[Image: dmills3.gif]
[Image: 6by0kBi.png] || [Image: ohmEd0h.png]

CanadaWhalersSteelhawks

Nor Dekes generally isn't the most popular guy in the locker room during the pre-game. In a locker room full of big, angry french canadian hockey players looking to get pumped; they generally don't want to hear the music that Nor Dekes blasts on full volume. With that being said and without further ado; here is Nor Deke's 5 songs he pre-games too.

#1 is Cruel Summer by Taylor Swift. She goes so hard in that song and it's a bop that can really get your blood pumping.
#2 is Long Live by Taylor Swift. This is a longer song that starts off slow and picks up later on. It's also a song that leaves Dekes crying after every listen. A goated choice.
#3 is Wildest Dreams by Taylor Swift. A personal choice, he doesn't need to explain nothin.
#4 is Delicate by Taylor Swift. Easy.
#5 is You Belong With Me. Admittedly the first dozen times the team heard this song they actually jammed to it. Now they're sick of it. Sorry Quebec.

Our Pregame Tracklist changes often as everyone can pick a song to add but our most recent one is

1. The Cooties - My Calling, no real hype song but it's a super fun one to raise the mood always gets a chuckle out of me! Ribbit Ribbit!

2. dEMOTIONAL - Bärsärk, absolute banger in my opinion. Just love the song, has some good energy to it and i just love this type of music.

3. The Unguided ft. Zardonic - Phoenix Down (Zardonic Remix), it's an older song but it captured the 2012 style so well if you can't get hyped while listening to this you're out of your mind

4. While She Sleeps - SLEEPS SOCIETY, absolute straight on with a fist to your face. This song slaps! Can't hear it too often before a game tho or your fighting stat goes to 15.

5. Architects - Gravity, just listen to it. No need to say anything about it.

[Image: tgsnOlT.png]

Update Page | Player Page

We kinda do a combined playlist, to be honest with you. I can share five of the tracks I added (I actually threw in more but five should suffice).

U.S. Bombs - Your Country
Just a quality old song that I used to hear during my one semester at Nottingham, I had a little stint at the Nottingham Panthers academy while my father worked over there. His job sent him somewhere else, so we didn't really stick around for much longer at that place.

The Distillers - Beat Your Heart Out
I have a cousin from Annan that actually did this song for a school project. Unfortunately, she pretty much butchered it with extreme prejudice. Hell of a song though.

Typical Cats - Any Day
Used to listen to this a lot during my trial season (guess that's how you'd call it) at Anaheim.

Dub Pistols - Cyclone
A really good song that I first heard when I was stuck at Rio de Janeiro for a stint.

Quasimoto - Low Class Conspiracy
...Eh, when has anyone ever complained about Madlib's joint?

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

A playlist is vital to get the blood flowing, get the right mentality and just lift the mood up. Each locker room and each team has their different one and each year the playlist will change. It might even change through one season, depending on how it’s going. For Anaheim players the playlist has been consistent through the year. If you walk by the locker before the game you can usually hear 5 songs that will always be played. They are a little all over the place but it does sound fun, especially when you hear the players chiming in. The songs usually in order are 1) Gunna - Dollaz in my head 2) MF DOOM - Rap snitch knishes 3) Metallica - For whom the bells toll 4) Pharoahe Monch - Simon says 5) TLC - Scrub. “We’ve had some success with this playlist. I think with our recent slump we may have to change it up. I usually don’t get to touch it but the playlist master Ryuuji will probably have to mix up a new one. “

[Image: vikian.gif]

1. Walk This Way - Aerosmith.
A classic song that gets everyone fired up, it's usually the first on the playlist & playing as we enter the dressing room. It's been a classic ever since Cooper was a younging.
2. Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
This is a no-brainer, whenever this song comes on everyone starts to sing along. Gets the vibes going & the blood going.
3. Lose Yourself - EMINEM
Classic Eminem song, when you know every word & verse to this song it's a fun song to rap to, gets the boys going.
4. Turn Down for What (DJ Snake, Lil Jon)
We always play this song after any win, the song fires everyone up the mood is definitely lifted when this is playing.
5. Taylor Swift any songs, any album.
Taylor Swift is Coopers favorite artist to listen to before & after games. The boys like the bug him but you will always hear the whole team singing along to every lyric.

164 words.

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]