Create Account

S59 SMJHL PT #4 - Pre-game playlist

#1 Kickstart my Heart - Motley Crue

Starting off our list, we have Kickstart my Heart. Personally, I’m a huge Crue fan so it would feel like a travesty to not include them on this list but this song definitely takes the cake as numero uno.

#2 Welcome to the Jungle - Guns N’ Roses

Welcome to the Jungle is the right amount of aggressiveness for a pregame song. It’s all about someone trying to walk into your house and you shutting them down, something that a goalie is used to doing.

#3 Pour Some Sugar On Me - Def Leppard

Now I don’t know about you guys, but when I walk into my favorite Gentleman’s Club, this is the song I hear played the most. Pour Some Sugar On Me is on this list just due to how many times I have heard it at the Lusty Leopard down the street.

#4 Eye of the Tiger - Survivor

A classic, I mean who doesn’t love this song. When you hear this, you think of Rocky, and when you think of Rocky, you think of overcoming the odds for a huge victory.

#5 Panama - Van Halen

During one particularly wild college Spring Break trip to Panama, Willie racked up thousands of dollars of debt at the local drinkeries. I listed to this song to remind myself to never return to that place.

(228 words)

[Image: 8pRoFZH.png]

PBE PT Affiliate (been a while since I did this lmao)

[Image: 1PU6YuX.png]
         [Image: JiycRrd.png]

#1- Welcome to the Jungle- Guns n Roses
Is there any other intro to any song is history that gets you more pumped up? Debatable but not when it comes to the Raptors, crank up the volume!
#2- Break Stuff- Limp Bizkit
Now that the volumes high enough, it’s time to lay some m’fers out! It can be heard throughout the Raptors locker room especially during slumps. It’s just one of those days..
#3- Bombshell- Powerman 3000
This is one that many people might not have heard, but might be more well known in here. Shout out to NHL Hitz 2003 with Chris Pronger on the cover. As a little 10 year old kid I would head bang every time I turned this game on.
#4- Hard In The Paint- Waka Flocka Flame
Ok so this is basically just a shout out to my high school football locker room lol Beat goes way to hard for anybody’s business, and gets you super hyped to give the opponent the business.
#5- Till I Collapse- Eminem
Yo Left! Yo left! Yo left, right, left! I almost get chills just thinking about the legendary beat & dope lyrics. There almost isn’t any better song to get the troops in line, & the Raptors form together to create an unstoppable force.

Word Count- 217

PBE PT

This might suprise you to hear, but Mikhail Novikov is a massive fan of Lil Pump. So, when he gets the AUX cord for the pregame playlist, you ahd best believe that the Lil Pump is blaring.

1. Lil Pump - Gucci Gang

You can't have a Lil Pump playlist without the original song that inspired all the frenzy, Gucci Gang. It still goes hard all these years later and it gets the team going.

2. Lil Pump - Esketit

Oh, you want to get fired up before a game? Novikov is definitely putting on Esketit to really fire the team up. It's fast past and goes fucking hard and the team loves it.

3. Lil Pump - Iced Out (ft. 2 Chainz)

Anything with 2 chainz gets the team fired up. the lil pump is just the novikov cherry on top.

4. Diplo - Welcome to the Party (ft. French Montana, Lil Pump, Zhavia Ward)

The song that might go the hardest of all time. All time.

5. Lil Pump - Butterfly Doors

This one go pree hard too and gets the Armada fired up but doesn't go as hard as Welcome to the Party

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

I'm not exactly sure what the team's playlist is, but Wilson has had his own throughout college and now into the SMJHL, so I''l share his masterpiece with the league.
First up, we have the hit song WAP by Cardi B. This song is on Wilson's playlist in order to push him through the games, in order to go home and get said WAP after playing hockey all day.
Number 2 on the playlist is the song "Astronaut in the Ocean" by masked wolf, this is another song for motivation, as it is so terrible that Wilson wants the game to get started even faster because no one wants to know about what's rolling down in the deep.
3rd on the playlist is the song "happy" by Dixie Damelio, another awful song that pushes Wilson into game time.
Finally, we have songs 4 and 5, which are Jocelyn Flores and Everyone Dies in their Nightmares by xxxTentacion, for those sad boi vibes that are needed after the game for a loss.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png] [Image: 9pUocRs.png] [Image: tCcIWQC.png] 
[Image: Skree.gif]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: Oa8OpwNyDg-K2JwGMV_wCV9Yt4_2wZc5y5QPLUXn...authuser=0]

When it comes to hyping a team up no one does it better than Duncan The Walrus. I know there are a lot of teams out there that have all sorts of superstitions and a variety of methods and ways in which they get pumped up. One of the most popular ways in which people get pumped up is through Music and Maine is definitely one of the greatest places to get pumped up through music. The top 5 songs that are played during the Timber's pre game hype include:

Turn Down for What (DJ Snake, Lil Jon)
Started from the Bottom (Drake)
Lose Yourself (Eminem)
Till I Collapse – feat. Nate Dogg (Eminem)
The Buzz – feat. Mataya & Young Tapz (Hermitude)

Now a lot of you might be asking yourself how and why did the Maine Timber's choose the songs that they have on their pump up playlist? Well, it is actually a really straight forward and easy answer. Duncan The Walrus was responsible for finding 5 pump up songs so he googled "5 great pump up songs" and this is what he found. Its a simple way to do things but, everyone really seems to enjoy it when it comes to game time and getting victories!
Code:
207 words

[Image: SouthPaw.gif]

Most teams and players across all sports have some playlist they listen to prior to performing that gets them pumped up, and QCC's Alfred Yankovic is no exception. Below are his top 5 songs that he listens to get ready to skate:
1) Canadian Idiot - Weird Al Yankovic While Al himself is not Canadian, many of his teammates are as well as the team itself. This song just gets Al in the right mindset to play some hockey. Of Austrian descent, Mr. Yankovic has come to embrace being a "beer swilling hockey nut" as this song so eloquently describes.
2) Sports Song - Weird Al Yankovic As many of you know, Al Yankovic as never a sports star, until now. This song represents Al's growing knowledge of the league, starting here with general statements and knowledge, and hopefully progressing to more advanced information.
3) This is The Life - Weird Al Yankovic This song is a friendly reminder to Mr. Yankovic about just how lucky he is. First having a phenomenal music career, but now getting to be a professional hockey player? That truly is a life of luxury and he counts his blessings any time he hears this song.
4) I'll Be Mellow When I'm Dead - Weird Al Yankovic Everybody has a song that goes out to the haters, and this one is Al's. Often described as "eccentric" throughout his music career - sometimes even "weird" - Al listens to this song before going out on the ice to remind him that he's always going to have haters. He lets his style of play shine through on the ice and do the talking.
5) Trigger Happy - Weird Al Yankovic While on the surface, this is a song about guns and shooting people, to Al this song is a reminder: just because you play defense, doesn't mean you can't "shoot" the puck. Earlier this season, Al had 3 goals on 4 shots. As Michael Scott once said, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

When you walk into the Krakens locker room before a big game you are always going to hear some good tunes and occasionally some weird ones. Of course, you will hear the regular pump-up music such as Danger Zone from Top Gun, and you can never go wrong with some Welcome to the Jungle. Things go a little off-script occasionally, and it all depends on who has the controls. One of the weird ones you will hear is some Eiffel 65, Blue. This usually comes on when the team has had a good stretch of games and just hopefully keep the streak going. The 4th song that you might hear when you walk into the locker room is when things are going the opposite way. When they need to turn things around you will most likely hear some Tubthumping by Chumbawamba. It's one of the songs that usually get the boys upbeat and back on the winning side of hockey. The final song and always the weirdest would have to be on Friday game days where you at some point will always hear the song Friday by Rebecca Black. That's just an easy one, it's FRIDAY!!!

[Image: HIXWkkp.gif]

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

JOHN LANGABEER NETS IT AND TIES THE GAME!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN LANGABEER JUST SCORED THE 2 BIGGEST GOALS OF HIS CAREER IN A MATTER OF 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

WEST KENDALL TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

S41 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7, Game Tying and Game Winning Goals.

Anchorage is a unique locker room full of unique personalities. The biggest one being the Michael Jodan of the SMJHL, Cole Carter. He of course has us play Michael Jordan by Kendrick Lamar at least one before every game. An odd request considering the its definitely not one of Kendrick's more popular songs, however I can respect the bit. Next up, David Pumpkins makes sure we play This is Halloween before each game. Honestly it's becoming more apparent that I don't know how we can get into the zone before any of our games at this point. The final song I'll reveal is a favorite of the world's leader in bean culture, Bean Beanman. For his choice we have the obscure song Beans In My Ears by The Serendipity Singers. Honestly I don't even know what to say about this one. The man is committed to the culture of beans. I can't take this team seriously anymore.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Mars Stanton is more of the quiet, intense type in the locker room before a game. But when it is his turn in the locker room to pick the pre-game tunes, he likes to stick with the classics. These songs help get him and his team fired up and ready on game days.

1. Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne- The famous guitar solo at the beginning is the perfect way to get the blood pumping and start to get the team jacked for the upcoming game.

2. Humble by Kendrick Lamar-This is a little change of pace from the usual hard rock stuff. But it fits with Stanton's personality in the locker room, trying to be a humble rookie.

3. Welcome to the Jungle by Guns N' Roses-Back to the classic rock. We want to the opposing team to feel like they're stepping into the jungle when they face St. Louis in the Enterprise Center.

4. Eye of the Tiger by Survivor- Another classic, and one that helps the boys get focused in on what they need to do in that day's game.

5. Thunderstruck by AC/DC-No classic hard rock play list is complete with a little AC/DC. By this time, the team is fully charged and ready to go.

My time on the USS Rutledge made me particular about my pre-game routine.  As the music blares in the locker room, I put the earbuds in and fire up Miles’s “Light the Lamp” playlist.  

The Pogues - The Body of an American (1985)

Played in honor of my greatest ancestor, Sean Aloysius O’Brien, who led the Pennsylvania coal miners during the anthracite strike of 1902.  Eleven months those mines were closed.  They didn’t open again until all the miners’ demands were met.  He was more than a hero.  He was a union man.  Happy belated May Day.

Slayer - Raining Blood (1986)

Played as a warning.  You can’t help the team in the box, so don’t let your emotions get the better of you.  It’s not you I hate Cardassian.  I hate what I became because of you.

For Whom the Bell Tolls - Metallica (1984)

Played as a reminder.  Victory requires sacrifice.  Sean O’Brien had the biggest funeral in Western Pennsylvania’s history.  Shot thirty-two times.  Or was it thirty-four?

Ambient Engine Noise Starship Enterprise (2364)

Played to calm the nerves.  Reveling in the glorious hum of the Enterprise’s engines, I steel myself for the  task at hand.

Sean Paul - Temperature (2005)

A certified platinum classic.

As the Kraken, we are naturally tied to the sea and the ocean, so our playlist definitely reflects that in spades!

1. Wellerman by Sea Shanty - I know I know, this has blown up somewhat recently in the past couple of months but this song has been on the team's playlist since I got here! It is truly an awesome tune that has to do with the sea!
2. Ocean Man by Ween - One of the great songs of our time, which was in the greatest movie of all time "The Spongebob Movie". A real sea tune!
3. Ocean Eyes by Billie Eilish - I am not 100% sure if this is actually about the ocean or not, but this is an absolute banger that gets the team hyped!
4. A Drop in the Ocean by Ron Pope - Another absolute banger that is not a traditional sports song, but is about the ocean and has loads of emotion!!!!!!
5. Surfin Bird by The Trashmen - Do I need to explain?

[Image: Bjorn_Bjorn_Sig.png]
[Image: bjornswedengif.gif]

Sure the Battleborn might not be having a championship season this year, but we damn well know how to get pumped up for a big game. These 5 songs headline Nevada's playlist when Wet Jeans has the aux in the locker room:

1. Holiday by Green day: This is an easy one. Never fails to get you pumped up before a game and makes for a perfect celebration song after a big win.
2. Crib in My Closet by 2 Chainz: 2 Chainz lowkey slaps sometimes, this song is a great example. 
3. One by Metallica: If you want to go absolutely insane before a game you listen to this. Guitar solo goes nuts.
4. Humble by Kendrick Lamar: If this song isnt playing in every locker room before a game you're doing it wrong.
5. Show out by Kid Cudi/Pop Smoke/Skepta: Honestly any Pop Smoke song would do the trick but him and Cudi are on another level in this song. MOTM3 is legendary.

[Image: draft-43-overall.gif]