Create Account

(GRADED) Deep Dive #2 - Nevada's Goaltending Hero: C.K. Supernaw
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2021, 05:46 PM by leafs1997.)

The Nevada Battleborn are having a tough season this year, which is no secret.  However, there has been a diamond in the rough for Nevada, and his name is C.K. Supernaw.  Supernaw is currently holding a 12-24 win-loss record, with an additional 4 overtime losses and 3.54 goals against average.  His save percentage is .910, and he has had two shutouts.  While some of these statistics may seem rather pedestrian for a starting goaltender in the SMJHL, I have to remind you the state of the Nevada Battleborn.  

Nevada is 12th in the league standings with a record of 13 wins 40 losses and 6 overtime losses.  They rank 12th for average goals for per game with 2.15, and 12th for average goals against per game with 3.88.  They have not won a game in their last 10 games, and only have 1 point to show for that stretch.  They do not have a player with over 12 goals, and the leader in points on their team has 33.  They at the bottom of the league and looking to improve next season as their players continue to grow their skills. 

Supernaw has faced the most shots of any goalie in the league at 1517.  That is an average of 37 shots per game across his 41 games.  He is one of the top goalies in the league in mintues played as well with 2307.  He has been an absolute workhorse in the net for Nevada and it is hard to imagine what the team would look like without him.  Comparing him to goalies who have played similar minutes (Byrnison, Podanovic, and Rosejac) he has the second highest save percentage despite facing over 100 more shots than the rest of the group. 

Comparing Supernaw directly to a goalie in a similar situation as him, Byrnison of the St. Louis Scarecrows, yields similar results.  Supernaw has a higher save percentage and a lower goals against average despite more shots against per game. 

It is unclear whether or not Supernaw is signed to a SHL team at this point in his career.  It would be wise of teams to start scouting the red hot goaltender if not.  The Buffalo Stampede could be a potential destination for Supernaw, as both of their goaltenders are struggling in the SHL this season.  Potinov and Doyle, the Stampede’s goaltenders, are both in the bottom six in the league in terms of save percentage.  Potinov has a 8-2 win/loss record despite his save percentage being only .883 and having 0 shutouts this year. 

In conclusion, it has been a very strong year for C.K. Supernaw and I hope that Nevada will improve in the next few seasons.  Putting a strong team in front of a high caliber goaltender is a quick road to success in any league.  I would not be surprised if his current team calls him up to the show in within the next few seasons, or if he is signed to a team if that has yet to happen.

@Wawazat

@Pickle Juice GRADED! +5 TPE

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]

Pickle ,

Just wanted to say “THANK YOU” ..was shocked to see this. I’m TRUELY appreciative and humbled that anybody would take the time.

P.S. To all you SHL GM’s ..and you Expansion GM’s.....I’m a 5th year junior and a UFA ...so I am looking for a team for S60.

[Image: Untitled-5.jpg][Image: 189-1895167_american-flag-superman-logo.png]

UPDATE PAGE

Quote:S56 WJC AWARDS
“Our third award is one that is dear to my heart as a SHL goaltender… The Peter Larson Award for the Top Goalie! This is voted by the GMs and considers both the round robin and medal rounds. The S56 Winner of the Peter Larson Award is….…
C.K. Supernaw! “

Battleborn Usa