Create Account

Tom Wilson

Feel free to disagree with my analysis, but watch the videos without any bias towards Wilson. I think he's a POS when he goes head hunting but this is no where near a lifetime/season suspension IMO. Although the league may give one because they feel pressured.

This is coming from someone who has no affiliation to the caps whatsoever but watch the replays and angles and this isn't as bad as it looks at all.

1. At first I thought this was Tom Wilson cross checking buchnevich in the back of the neck/head which I think many people also thought. If you watch the replay it's clear Wilson's stick is underneath buchnevich, not on top.

Now when you look at the reverse angle and know Wilson's stick is not driving his head into the ice, both of his hands are come down beside Buchnevich's head not on top of it. It looks bad but it's two guys being physical and I didn't see much cheap about the way Wilson came down on Buchnevich

2. The punch - He punches him in the shoulder/back. I'm sorry but that kind of thing happens all the time in scrums. It's not nice but it's not anything to be throwing suspensions around

3. The Panarin incident. Once again, not nice but Panarin came in to defend his teammate and literally jumped on Wilson's back. At that point he's committed to an altercation with Wilson and Wilson straight overpowered him. Hair pulling is dirty but it's not lifetime suspension dirty.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

I should further context what I'm saying. This is suspension worthy, it's not change your player renders because Tom Wilson tried to kill a guy.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

No place for that kind of behavior in the NHL. I've been saying this for years about him. I'm not at all surprised that he was involved last night

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

05-04-2021, 10:04 AMTommySalami Wrote: Feel free to disagree with my analysis, but watch the videos without any bias towards Wilson. I think he's a POS when he goes head hunting but this is no where near a lifetime/season suspension IMO. Although the league may give one because they feel pressured.

This is coming from someone who has no affiliation to the caps whatsoever but watch the replays and angles and this isn't as bad as it looks at all.

1. At first I thought this was Tom Wilson cross checking buchnevich in the back of the neck/head which I think many people also thought. If you watch the replay it's clear Wilson's stick is underneath buchnevich, not on top.

Now when you look at the reverse angle and know Wilson's stick is not driving his head into the ice, both of his hands are come down beside Buchnevich's head not on top of it. It looks bad but it's two guys being physical and I didn't see much cheap about the way Wilson came down on Buchnevich

2. The punch - He punches him in the shoulder/back. I'm sorry but that kind of thing happens all the time in scrums. It's not nice but it's not anything to be throwing suspensions around

3. The Panarin incident. Once again, not nice but Panarin came in to defend his teammate and literally jumped on Wilson's back. At that point he's committed to an altercation with Wilson and Wilson straight overpowered him. Hair pulling is dirty but it's not lifetime suspension dirty.

I think this is the correct take, I would also just like to add this is another reason every team needs some who can lay out damage to police dangerous players like Wilson. People like Wilson only understand violence, you gotta speak that language if you want the problem to stop. Is the league in general moving away from this style, towards a different type of hockey sure; but that's another conversation entirely. Currently in Hockey this is part of the game, and teams need to structure accordingly to deal with the problem and danger this poses to their players.

[Image: 81ImQYu.png][Image: suavemente.gif][Image: QD85cmZ.png]
     Platoon    Timber

im disgusted! repulsed, in fact!

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

Yeah, I agree with Tommy here, this is pretty run of the mill shit. Gave a guy a shot while he was down, got jumped on for it. Literally happens all the time. At the most deserves a game for the hair pulling, but holy hell some people in this thread are overreacting. Have you guys seen some of the other shit people in the league have done, including Wilson, that’s worse than a single sucker punch? I hadn’t heard of it, and before watching the videos dropped in this thread, assumed that he’d either: kicked someone, cross checked someone in the neck, or thrown an elbow to the head.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

05-04-2021, 10:04 AMTommySalami Wrote: Feel free to disagree with my analysis, but watch the videos without any bias towards Wilson. I think he's a POS when he goes head hunting but this is no where near a lifetime/season suspension IMO. Although the league may give one because they feel pressured.

I think the people calling for the lifetime suspensions are looking at this from the angle of Tom Wilson's history and the other options available. This isn't "Oh, Player X got his stick stuck under a guy in a scrum, took a cheap shot, and then got jumped by another guy and fought him off", this is "Tom Wilson, who has been penalized and suspended for headhunting behaviors many times before, got his stick stuck under a guy who he punched in the junction of the neck and shoulder, before he got jumped by another guy, whom he responded to by picking him up by the hair and throwing him to the ice". There are plenty of other scrums where somebody falls on a stick and the response is not to punch them near the head or lay on them with their face in the ice. There are plenty of other fights where nobody gets picked up by the hair, even when they've got some flow.

The reason people are calling for a ban from the NHL isn't because of this incident alone. In a time where we're becoming more and more aware of the dangers of hitting somebody in the head as a society, this guy is out there actively targeting players' heads. Panarin very nearly landed on his head or his neck. A few inches wrong, a second too late, and this is a very different conversation. These calls for a ban are based around the question of "Where is the line?". Where is the line for when someone has been consistently enough of a danger to other players that he is no longer welcome to make millions of dollars to be a danger to people? How many times is somebody going to be allowed opportunity to clean up their act and be better before we accept the possibility that maybe they can't and/or won't do that? Should a player be allowed to injure another player, only to go off to the box and posture about it like they've just done something praiseworthy? 

Ultimately, I think this is a problem that will be blown a bit out of proportion compared to if it were another player who did this because the odds of it being another player doing this are so low. Meanwhile, there's a sort of feeling that "Oh, Tom Wilson's back on his bullshit again." Like, if this is his bullshit, there's a problem here.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

You missed the part where he slams Buchnevics facefirst into the ice first.

And apart from that, any fight that's not standing and one-on-one deserves a long ass ban. Because MMA is not hockey.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

05-04-2021, 10:22 AMsuavemente Wrote:

I think this is the correct take, I would also just like to add this is another reason every team needs some who can lay out damage to police dangerous players like Wilson. People like Wilson only understand violence, you gotta speak that language if you want the problem to stop. Is the league in general moving away from this style, towards a different type of hockey sure; but that's another conversation entirely. Currently in Hockey this is part of the game, and teams need to structure accordingly to deal with the problem and danger this poses to their players.

The problem is, the people the teams contract to punish this kind of behaviour are the fucktards like Wilson.

05-04-2021, 10:42 AMCampinKiller Wrote: Yeah, I agree with Tommy here, this is pretty run of the mill shit. Gave a guy a shot while he was down, got jumped on for it. Literally happens all the time. At the most deserves a game for the hair pulling, but holy hell some people in this thread are overreacting. Have you guys seen some of the other shit people in the league have done, including Wilson, that’s worse than a single sucker punch? I hadn’t heard of it, and before watching the videos dropped in this thread, assumed that he’d either: kicked someone, cross checked someone in the neck, or thrown an elbow to the head.
You mean the usual shit he gets away with?

05-04-2021, 11:30 AMMutedfaith Wrote:
05-04-2021, 10:42 AMCampinKiller Wrote: Yeah, I agree with Tommy here, this is pretty run of the mill shit. Gave a guy a shot while he was down, got jumped on for it. Literally happens all the time. At the most deserves a game for the hair pulling, but holy hell some people in this thread are overreacting. Have you guys seen some of the other shit people in the league have done, including Wilson, that’s worse than a single sucker punch? I hadn’t heard of it, and before watching the videos dropped in this thread, assumed that he’d either: kicked someone, cross checked someone in the neck, or thrown an elbow to the head.
You mean the usual shit he gets away with?

Yup

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

We're talking about Tom Wilson when cal covid is terrorizing the SHL?

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

this is the same tom wilson who cheapshotted oskar sundqvist in a preseason game. color me surprised

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Ya, the NHL DOPS dropped the ball on this one. I played a lot of organized hockey and I get it that it is a really physical sport. I mean you got some largish men rushing around at high speed waving sticks about. And it is emotional, so shit happens. The problem with Wilson is that he shows absolutely no self-control. That is shown in his history of violence. As well, he is in no way repentant for his actions, thus he just continues with the overly aggressive behaviour. In the series of events that occurred, Wilson could have easily ended the careers of two players had things gone just slightly differently. Long ass suspension should have been administered.

[Image: Rinky-sig.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2021, 03:18 PM by supertardis101.)

How many Tom Wilson renders are there? All I know of is myself.

[Image: image0.gif]
[Image: psdforbrookssiganimatedwhitetext.gif]