Create Account

DFA Bounties Announcement

04-27-2021, 09:27 PMdmills3 Wrote:
04-27-2021, 09:16 PMTheSparkyDee Wrote: I think the simmer pay go up and PT pass would be perfect!

Great idea sparky. Kal and Smith will both receive raises! If only we had another simmer that could take advantage of such a great deal!
*looks at simmer tag* 

*raises hand*  Biggrin

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

04-27-2021, 09:18 PMWearingabear Wrote: How many bounties will there be?

9 mil for rookie tasks, 5 for contract (3 + 2 HO Bonus), plus 3 or 4 bounties?

There was 3ish weeks between TDL and end of season last season.

So around 18 mil for new players.

Isn't there a worry this will take away from media postings or site jobs applications? If people have the money, and are doing all of these prompts, that's going to burn people out on writing more media

Also, 150 words for 1 mil is incredibly cheap and easy. If DFAs want something to do, at least make them work for their earnings.

So, yes and no. To be more specific, that may be more around $19 million total as a DFA contract is for $1 million, and yes that'll then jump up when they receive their Rookie contract, and that's also assuming a player creates right at the TDL and does every single rookie task & bounty available to them in addition to every Rookie Task. The Rookie Tasks are worth $9mil at their end, but only 4 or 5 of those are available immediately, which in combination of Bounties being weekly spreads the money out. This isn't a straight up immediate injection, it's broken up over time. Bu

For first timers to this system we'll be generous and say they get $20mil by the end, going off your numbers and saying they get the extra DFA $1mil. A standard J season is about 8 weeks, with training at $500k that's $4mil right there for the season, SMJHL Coaching is anywhere from $1.5mil to $4.5mil so that's $5.5-8.5mil for the season, almost half of the money made so far, not including variables of when they joined in proximity to the TDL which would further decrease from that total. Next season max training costs $1mil with coaching jumping up to $2mil-8.5mil, so the second season of a player costs anywhere from $10-16.5mil for a second season and any season after. Now, a players Entry Level contract is typically $2mil to $3mil which helps mitigate that, but the vast majority of money earned from this is most likely already burnt through.

Now, that's all assuming I've got these numbers correct. It's entirely possible I'm misjudging them or I've missed one or more factors. If I have, somebody please let me know. But, looking at what I've got so far, this money won't last through a player's third season at most, most likely. I know it seems like a lot of money and if people feel strongly enough about it that we should cut the payout in half or even more we can take another look at it. I think your point that this could affect the amount of people who feel the need to apply to jobs is an entirely valid one and it's one I've been thinking about a lot myself. I can promise that's still something we're working on a solution to.

Thanks for your patience as I had to run through all that and type it all out

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Bumping this, after feedback we'll be changing this to 250 word minimum for writing completion, graphics remain the same, $500k payout per completed bounty, and a maximum of 4 completed bounties per DFA. Thank you

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2021, 11:19 PM by Nhamlet.)

Twitter as another factor given the relative ease of effort versus payout. If we assume 8 weeks to a season, then roughly 2.5 seasons into a DFA player's career equals 20 weeks, with max twitter payout is equivalent to 12m on top of the potential 19m.

Thats still barely enough to get them through their 3rd season but I think by that point they've spent almost 5 months on the site and largely did not need to contribute in any form. This is a lot of min max assumptions being made as it's equally possible that there are number of users who only partially complete the bounty/rookie tasks/twitter.

However, if somebody is taking the time to make the most of the advantages in setting their player up for long term success, I believe that the effort required should be greater than what it's poised to be.

There seems to be two questions that are part of this bounty announcement.
1) Did we create site interaction opportunities for DFAs in a meaningful way?
2) Does this payout provide a return to the site in some format?

I'm not too interested in #1.

#2, I would say what the site gets out of these DFAs being even better set up for future (max) earning starts to become moot. Examples of returns include payout for media and graphics as they provides something the site. Site jobs are inherently necessary to the site. Twitter provides off site league wide interaction. Rookie tasks are an investment in encouraging players see through their initial season or so.

What does this bounty give in return that another form of DFA task rewards wouldn't? I'd be more interested in organized prospect highlights, interviews/pressers that really bring some focus and spotlight to these guys even though their player's may have little to no impact as a DFA.

Edit: smh I was writing this before any changes were made

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

04-27-2021, 09:27 PMdmills3 Wrote:
04-27-2021, 09:16 PMTheSparkyDee Wrote: I think the simmer pay go up and PT pass would be perfect!

Great idea sparky. Kal and Smith will both receive raises! If only we had another simmer that could take advantage of such a great deal!

Well, I guess I'll have to do it since there's nobody else.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2021, 01:58 AM by SpartanGibbles.)

[Image: nLOTbeN.png]

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

04-27-2021, 09:01 PMgolden_apricot Wrote:
04-27-2021, 08:59 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: The only disparity created would be based on monetary income which is not as impactful as the large TPE discrepancies we saw. While money can be difficult to come by in the League, and we can continue to ease that if people feel that is needed, I'd argue that TPE discrepancies lead to more harmful impacts on those on the lower end of the scale than bank accounts. Our focus here was mostly to give DFAs more things to complete special to them, since not having anything to do was the most overwhelming complaint we received from feedback.

If you have suggestions you think would help, we're always happy to hear them GA.

Ya real in the fucking ridiculous payouts. It's better to be a fucking rookie than a simmer in terms of site pay. In what world does that make sense?

It's better to be a lot of things than a simmer on this site

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

04-28-2021, 08:12 AMKalakar Wrote:
04-27-2021, 09:01 PMgolden_apricot Wrote: Ya real in the fucking ridiculous payouts. It's better to be a fucking rookie than a simmer in terms of site pay. In what world does that make sense?

Im sorry friendo :(

04-28-2021, 08:12 AMKalakar Wrote:
04-27-2021, 09:01 PMgolden_apricot Wrote: Ya real in the fucking ridiculous payouts. It's better to be a fucking rookie than a simmer in terms of site pay. In what world does that make sense?

SIMMERS RISE UP

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

Instead of whatever it is that you decided to do here we should have a simulation fight club where DFA's have simulated fights to the death. Whoever ends up alive at the end gets $1m. Whoever dies is banned from the website forever.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

04-28-2021, 11:26 AMRagnar Wrote: Instead of whatever it is that you decided to do here we should have a simulation fight club where DFA's have simulated fights to the death. Whoever ends up alive at the end gets $1m. Whoever dies is banned from the website forever.

recreating every season in hopes of finally being released from my waking nightmare

Definitely an issue I noticed when joining that is nice to see being addressed.

It seems like a lot of people have various issues with the new player experience.

With all these new additions, it might be easier to simply overhaul the entire DFA/Rookie process. You could address the "boring" issue by turning  these bounties into pre-draft PTs that give small amounts of TPE; earning TPE is exciting as a new user and I would assume they'd be more interested in directly improving their player with these early tasks. Plus, money was addressed very well by the rookie tasks already.

You could then address the falling behind issue by making anything pre-draft stay open throughout the rookie season by adding secondary deadlines. If you miss the first deadline, you can still submit the task but have to wait until the "catch up" points at Week 1 and right before trade deadline for them to be graded. The PT team would have to go back and grade any new submissions, but this allows everyone the same opportunity up through the draft. If you don't get it submitted before the next class creates, you miss out.

This is difficult with ACs and Training as they are on a strict timeframe, so you would have to remove training for new players pre-draft. It allows the users to save their cash reserves for the season, and is made up by completing the new pre-draft PTs. AC could be left as a "bonus" for players that create early, or could also be dropped and made up with these new PTs to keep things equal.

For scouting purposes, GMs can still see which users are excelling by getting things done early, and may be able to find their late round gems by seeing which users take advantage of the ability to catch up with earlier creates.

Regardless, it is nice to see concerns people have being addressed!

[Image: uMyJK4x.png]

04-28-2021, 11:29 AMgrok Wrote:
04-28-2021, 11:26 AMRagnar Wrote: Instead of whatever it is that you decided to do here we should have a simulation fight club where DFA's have simulated fights to the death. Whoever ends up alive at the end gets $1m. Whoever dies is banned from the website forever.

recreating every season in hopes of finally being released from my waking nightmare

Seven banned players later and you finally have won the chance to play in the SMJHL.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Good change

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]