Create Account

S59 SHL All-Star Game Rosters

05-08-2021, 04:17 PMml002 Wrote: Everyone complaining about snubs and Axel is an all star smh

this is the real tragedy, can't believe i'm about to put Axel's ass in 2k5

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

05-08-2021, 04:00 PMLime Wrote:
05-08-2021, 03:24 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: PLAYING WITH THE BIG BOYS NOW

ooh, thats pretty

PLAYING WITH THE BIG BOYS NOW
Your references are out of control dude
you cant handle the truth!

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

boys relax, im better than Luffy and the proof is right there in the post, no need to get hostile

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

05-08-2021, 04:21 PMFuzzSHL Wrote:
05-08-2021, 04:06 PMTnlAstatine Wrote: ya they are amazing? What does that have to do with me lol.
just cause lots of us are deserving on one team doesn't mean they should get snubbed for others.
sounds super personal lol

I said this in DMs, but I’m gonna say it here, too.

Monkey D Luffy not being on the All-Star Roster was not a personal decision. I did not submit a ballot for myself because I am out of town currently. Luffy received the same amount of votes as Mika Kandinsky, Bobby Lane, and Ryan Shephard. The All-Star Game is an experience that I am trying to ensure every team has a representative for. Yes, you can make the argument that Luffy is one of the stronger players in the league. But I’m not going to sit here and reward the Great Lakes and Texas for being absolutely loaded and leave most of the league off the All-Star Game.

I know you are going to bring up that both Fitted and Fiddler are in the game and you are not. They both have positive giveaway/takeaway ratios and make their team better when they are on the ice. Monkey D Luffy scores, yes. But he also has a very negative giveaway/takeaway ratio as well as not providing his team more offensive chances when he is on the ice compared to when he is off. For a guy who’s one job is offense, Monkey D Luffy does not provide Buffalo more offense when he is on the ice, which can be proven by the 7 other players with higher GF/60 and 5 with higher SF/60 than Luffy does on Buffalo alone.

But yes, you got snubbed, and it definitely was a committee conspiracy to snub you.

Wow I can't believe you targeted Luffy with this post clearly you're part of a conspiracy to explain why Luffy does belong in the all star game

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

How about next year going forward we have 2 representatives from each team (10 teams in each division, 20 players per each roster).  Teams won't feel unevenly represented and if you want to complain, you can look at your teammate who probably is doing better than you.

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/wiqZK8C.png[/img]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/6QlU4ci.png[/img]
[Image: vHNIXVO.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

go birds

[Image: rotti.gif]

Congrats to all who made it and to my Monarchs @Mutedfaith and @KlusteR. Happy to have you both repping the Monarchs here.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

05-08-2021, 04:49 PMSFresh3 Wrote: How about next year going forward we have 2 representatives from each team (10 teams in each division, 20 players per each roster).  Teams won't feel unevenly represented and if you want to complain, you can look at your teammate who probably is doing better than you.

At that point it’s just the “send two players from each team game.” Not the allstar game

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

05-08-2021, 04:21 PMFuzzSHL Wrote:
05-08-2021, 04:06 PMTnlAstatine Wrote: ya they are amazing? What does that have to do with me lol.
just cause lots of us are deserving on one team doesn't mean they should get snubbed for others.
sounds super personal lol

I said this in DMs, but I’m gonna say it here, too.

Monkey D Luffy not being on the All-Star Roster was not a personal decision. I did not submit a ballot for myself because I am out of town currently. Luffy received the same amount of votes as Mika Kandinsky, Bobby Lane, and Ryan Shephard. The All-Star Game is an experience that I am trying to ensure every team has a representative for. Yes, you can make the argument that Luffy is one of the stronger players in the league. But I’m not going to sit here and reward the Great Lakes and Texas for being absolutely loaded and leave most of the league off the All-Star Game.

I know you are going to bring up that both Fitted and Fiddler are in the game and you are not. They both have positive giveaway/takeaway ratios and make their team better when they are on the ice. Monkey D Luffy scores, yes. But he also has a very negative giveaway/takeaway ratio as well as not providing his team more offensive chances when he is on the ice compared to when he is off. For a guy who’s one job is offense, Monkey D Luffy does not provide Buffalo more offense when he is on the ice, which can be proven by the 7 other players with higher GF/60 and 5 with higher SF/60 than Luffy does on Buffalo alone.

But yes, you got snubbed, and it definitely was a committee conspiracy to snub you.

Directly using giveaway/takeaway ratios to compare players on Buffalo and Tampa is ridiculous. There isn't a single forward on any of the Great Lakes teams with a positive GA/TA ratio. Buffalo has the puck 2/3rds of the time when Luffy's on the ice while the Tampa players only have the puck half the time, so of course Fitted and Fiddler would have more takeaways and less giveaways. It would be more accurate to adjust those numbers for possession, but that still ignores factors such as centres generally having more takeaways.

I also have my doubts about using relative corsi to determine whether Luffy is making his team better or not, especially when he's only at -1%. That difference could easily be explained by the quality of competition he faces from playing on the top line. And once again, you can't directly compare relative corsis between teams since Buffalo's roster is so much stronger than Tampa's. If you put Luffy on Tampa, there's no doubt in my mind that he would be posting a positive relative corsi.

That being said, I haven't been following this season closely enough to say if Luffy was snubbed or not. And it's definitely nice to seem all the teams represented in the all-star game, and while some of the players definitely aren't among the actual best players in the league, it's probably better for the SHL as a whole to generate more interest for what's ultimately a fun but not all that meaningful midseason event.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2021, 05:17 PM by Hallsy.)

I feel like they did a good job sending the best players and mixing 2+ players from every team in for the most part. I somehow get Luffy's frustration though but like at the end of the day this is something for the community and it's better than last year's all-star game.

05-08-2021, 05:16 PMHallsy Wrote: I feel like they did a good job sending the best players and mixing 2+ players from every team in for the most part. I somehow get Luffy's frustration though but like at the end of the day this is something for the community and it's better than last year's all-star game.
good take hallsy you're so smart

[Image: rotti.gif]

05-08-2021, 05:16 PMraymond3000 Wrote:
05-08-2021, 04:21 PMFuzzSHL Wrote: I said this in DMs, but I’m gonna say it here, too.

Directly using giveaway/takeaway ratios to compare players on Buffalo and Tampa is ridiculous. There isn't a single forward on any of the Great Lakes teams with a positive GA/TA ratio. Buffalo has the puck 2/3rds of the time when Luffy's on the ice while the Tampa players only have the puck half the time, so of course Fitted and Fiddler would have more takeaways and less giveaways. It would be more accurate to adjust those numbers for possession, but that still ignores factors such as centres generally having more takeaways.

I also have my doubts about using relative corsi to determine whether Luffy is making his team better or not, especially when he's only at -1%. That difference could easily be explained by the quality of competition he faces from playing on the top line. And once again, you can't directly compare relative corsis between teams since Buffalo's roster is so much stronger than Tampa's. If you put Luffy on Tampa, there's no doubt in my mind that he would be posting a positive relative corsi.

That being said, I haven't been following this season closely enough to say if Luffy was snubbed or not. And it's definitely nice to seem all the teams represented in the all-star game, and while some of the players definitely aren't among the actual best players in the league, it's probably better for the SHL as a whole to generate more interest for what's ultimately a fun but not all that meaningful midseason event.

I do understand where you’re coming from with the points you’re making. My main issue though is that out of nowhere I got bombarded in DMs saying that it was this whole big committee conspiracy to specifically fuck Luffy out of a spot on the All Star Roster. Is my ideology perfect? No. That’s why there’s a committee to vote on it. My take above isn’t directly what the committee used to make their voting decisions. Hell, I haven’t been able to make the rounds with the committee yet to talk about how we should look at changing voting strategies from “let’s take the top point scorers” to something different yet, so even if I wanted to make the committee vote a certain way (which I don’t), I haven’t had that ability yet.

But, for future reference, accusing me of being so low as to take personal feelings into account to make sure your player is left off any roster or All-League team is not the way to go about voicing your frustrations. I got this position due in part by my history on this site of being objective in this sort of position, I’m not about to go fucking deserving people over just because I feel like it.

And to be clear...I had zero issue with Luffy before today, and I still don’t. Him and I have played Dota and Rocket League together before, he was the person I talked to the most from our draft class when we were in juniors. If I was going to take out a personal vendetta on anyone, it would not be him.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

05-08-2021, 04:18 PMMyLittleHexx Wrote: No no he’s right. We should go back to when it was only Buffalo and Hamilton players. There egos aren’t fellated enough during the season.  Maybe next time we can work a little ball action in, too. Plus a finger up the ass might really satisfy them
why stop at 1 game? lets make it a BO7, maybe put some sort of cup on the line?

oh wait, we do that already

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

but seriously this is way better than last seasons all star game, of course some players from top teams are going to feel left out cause they're doing great but they can cry about it in the 2nd/3rd round of the playoffs. it's good to let people from every team have something to celebrate.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2021, 06:57 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

05-08-2021, 05:11 PMKeygan Wrote:
05-08-2021, 04:49 PMSFresh3 Wrote: How about next year going forward we have 2 representatives from each team (10 teams in each division, 20 players per each roster).  Teams won't feel unevenly represented and if you want to complain, you can look at your teammate who probably is doing better than you.

At that point it’s just the “send two players from each team game.” Not the allstar game

That's pretty much what is happening already tho?

or is that the joke idk im dimbi

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]