Create Account

S60 SMJHL Rookie Tasks Claim Thread
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2021, 07:33 AM by Zema.)

1. Update Page

2. Activity Check

3. Free Training

4. PT

5. Graphics

6. I tuned in to the S60 SMJHL Preseason stream to see my player, Joe Burrow, in action for the first time. I was only able to tune in for one game but was really impressed with the sim! My team, QCC, won 6-3 and I got an assist so it was a great first game to watch for me. As someone who came from the PBE I am familiar with Out Of the Park Baseball and have heard a little bit about FHM but never actually watched the sim. I was really impressed by the detail and the box scores. Something that I really liked was that you could see all of the scores from the previous games shown on stream. I think my favorite part about the stream had to have been hearing the “Boo you suck” from the home fans when the away team scored a goal. It gave me a laugh and I enjoyed the detail. I look forward to turning into to more streams in the future

7. Deep Dive#1

8. Completed the Rookie survey

7 tasks completed, 7m in the bank! Please make a new post and post a link to the completed rookie survey to claim the last 1m and bonus. @LSUFAN101
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2021, 07:35 AM by Zema.)

1. Update Page
2. Activity Check
3. Weekly Training
4. PT
5. Rookie Graphic
6. Deep Dive
7. Okay so after watching the entire stream last night there is one game that really stuck out to me and that was the Newfoundland Berzerkers  who played a way to the Detroit Falcons.  now the one thing that really stuck out in my mind in this game was the fact that the final score ended up being Detroit 6 Newfoundland to but it wasn't so much that the score was so lost cited in that way the surprising thing was it Newfoundland outshot Detroit 51 to 17 in that game and ended up losing by four goals and to be honest with you the two goals that Newfoundland. We're basically garbage time goals as they were down 6 to nothing late in the third. I don't know the last time I saw a team dominate another team by that many shots on goal and still get absolutely  beating like a drum in the actual goal categories I mean this could be a case of the Detroit goalie being really on point but honestly that point somebody better give him a bigger  contract because he definitely earned his money last night.
8.Rookie Survey

All tasks completed! Well done! 9m into your bank account @H0PPY75
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2021, 07:38 AM by Zema.)

Task 1 - Update Thread
Task 2 - Claim AC
Task 3 - Claimed (1st) Training
Task 5 - First Graphic
Task 8 - Completed Welcome Survey

5 tasks graded, 5m in the bank! If you would like to finish the rest of the tasks, please make a new post @Aleris !

[Image: b8XI874.png]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: Eo2nBCt.png]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-27-2021, 09:40 AM by Ruggsy.)

Task 1  Task 1
Task 2 Task 2
Task 3 Task 3
Task 8  - Task 8

Total Points Earned: 0 + 4 = 4

@FnoRespect You actually have already done all these, and your also getting money from these not points. You previously got credit for 1,2,3 here and 8  here and they can only be done once. You are currently missing 4,5 and 7. Please let me know if you have any questions - Ruggsy
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2021, 09:46 AM by Ruggsy.)

4. PT
6. Deep Dive

All tasks completed.

@the5urreal All set, 2 mil plus 1 for the bonus. -Ruggsy

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[img=0x0]https://imgur.com/KOKeZZJ.png[/img]
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2021, 09:50 AM by Ruggsy.)

6. Deep Dive #1 and Deep Dive #2

Previous Task Completion

Tasks completed.  Smile Kraken

@natedoeshockey Your all set, 1 mil + 1 mil for bonus -Ruggsy

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2021, 09:52 AM by Ruggsy.)

These should be my last two tasks:

Task 4 - PT
Task 6 - Deep Dive

@SchwarzNarr Yep your all done, 2 mil + 1 mil bonus -Ruggsy

[Image: 66168_s.gif]
Update Page || Roster Page

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2021, 09:55 AM by Ruggsy.)

7-What an exhilarating start to the season with the first three games going to a shootout. In the first Quebec came on top in a 5-4 win. In the second, Newfoundland triumphed over Anaheim 3-2, and lastly Maine defeated St. Louis 4-3. With such a great start, this season promises to be a close one. One hopes this rest of the season is as exciting as this game day.

As for the Raptors, their first game was a 5-0 victory over Kelowna. While the score might make it look like it was a complete domination, it wasn’t until the 3rd period that things went off. Also worth noting, rookie defenseman Hans Graf scores his first career goal.  The second game was a 5-2 victory over Detroit. Unlike the previous game, this indeed was a dominating performance by Colorado. Lastly, the Raptors produced another dominant win against Kelowna, this time 5-2. The team went undefeated in the first game day and are ready for the rest of the season.

8-Rookie survey https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3050000

@Drokeep - Graded, 2 more tasks 2 more mil. Just have task 6 left - Ruggsy

Raptors Raptors  Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors

Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge 

Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany 

[Image: drokeep.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2021, 09:58 AM by Ruggsy.)

1. Update Page
2. Activity Check
3. Training
4. A PT
5. Graphic
6. Deep Dive
7. What a sim for SHL Day 3! Hamilton beats Manhattan off a great goal by Dogwood Maple, and Toronto SMOKED Winnipeg, really wished Adam Barron played better though! New England really thought they could come back against Tampa? No chance, Tampa smokes em 7-3, Michael Fitted is the real deal! Holy smokes is Chicago bad, Buffalo kinda turbo stomped them in that 5-1 win, lead by none other than Nicholas Owens and his +2 Rating! Ah! And lest we forget the battle of Alberta, its Edmonton and Calgary going head to head. Who will win? Well the game already happened and the winner was Calgary by a tight little score of 2-1. And while we're here, let's talk about Montreal! They just got here and they're already smoking the Specters! How embarrassing! And finally, the reigning Challenge Cup Champions, the Texas Renegades, beat the shit out of the San Francisco Pride by a score of 2-1! I'd love to write about the other games, but thats my word count! So long guys!
8. Noted Hamilton Steelhawks Hater, Skao Anazibf

@nour - Graded, everything done so 8 mil + 1 mil bonus

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2021, 12:14 AM by canes2112.)

Code:
5. Create a graphic and post in the weekly submissions forum of the graphics thread found HERE
- Please put that this graphic is a "Rookie Task Graphic" in the title of the thread. Every graphic that is submitted as a rookie task graphic will receive a base payout equivalent to a grade of .5 / 5 on the graphics grading scale for 125k. With the 1M received for doing this task we hope this mitigates that payout and also makes things much easier on the graphics team. By labeling it a "Rookie Task Graphic" as well, you will not use your 1st-time graphic bonus.

NOTE: If you do not label the graphic with "Rookie Task Graphic," then your post will be submitted to normal grading guidelines and will use up your 1st-time graphic bonus.
Rookie Task Graphic

Code:
7. Watch an SHL or SMJHL stream on YouTube
    -To verify, please do one of the following and post it in your rookie tasks claim:
      - Write 150 words about the games that happened during the stream
      - Create a 2-min podcast about the stream
      - Create a graphic about your favorite part of the stream ( please post the graphic in the rookie task claim thread and not as a graphics submission)
I'm so used to watching the SHL live sims that I usually tend to skim through the games in the SMJHL, until I can watch my Berserkers play. It's always bopping in the Locker Room when the sim is on (Caps Lock is a pre-requisite, since we're Berserkers - that's what we do, we yell), and it adds a ton of ambiance to what can be a pretty dry experience if you're not used to reading the text fly by at quick speed at the bottom of your screen. Our first game for the stream I watched, on June 25th, featured a Newfoundland squad that is primed for another Four-Star Cup run, against a rebuilding but very promising Nevada Battleborn team. Unfortunately for the southwestern team, the Berserkers dominated the game from start to finish, not giving much chance to shine to the likes of Wing Wang the Wurmple and Melvin Majestik-Moose. While my player, Jannik Nordstern, had an assist in the game - on fellow rookie Emeril Lagasse's second goal of the season! - I still felt his defensive play was a bit lackluster, which is very unfortunate for a Shutdown Defenseman... (190 words)

Graded. 2 tasks completed for $2M. @KlusteR

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2021, 12:17 AM by canes2112.)

Tasks 1-6

Task 7:
Rookie survey

Graded. 1 Task for $1M @LSUFAN101
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2021, 12:22 AM by canes2112.)

ROOKIE TASKS
Code:
1. Create an update page

Jay Cue Update Page

Code:
2. Claim an activity check

AC #374

Code:
3. Buy a week of training (or claim free first training for first gen players)

Weekly Training

Code:
4. Complete a PT and claim it from the current SMJHL Claims Thread. [NOTE: this task is only claimable once the claims thread opens for S60: "Your First PT," "Rookie Survey PT" and "Catch Up TPE Claim Thread" do not count for this task]

To claim this task, find a TPE claim where your name is listed with a TPE value next to your name. Then, right click on the post number in the top right corner of the post, then choose "Copy link address." Afterward, paste the link in your claim post.

PT Claim

Code:
5. Create a graphic and post in the weekly submissions forum of the graphics thread found HERE
- Please put that this graphic is a "Rookie Task Graphic" in the title of the thread. Every graphic that is submitted as a rookie task graphic will receive a base payout equivalent to a grade of .5 / 5 on the graphics grading scale for 125k. With the 1M received for doing this task we hope this mitigates that payout and also makes things much easier on the graphics team. By labeling it a "Rookie Task Graphic" as well, you will not use your 1st-time graphic bonus.

NOTE: If you do not label the graphic with "Rookie Task Graphic," then your post will be submitted to normal grading guidelines and will use up your 1st-time graphic bonus.

Rookie Task GFX

Code:
6. Write a Deep Dive [NOTE: This task is only claimable once the first preseason stream for the SHL/SMJHL concludes, as per the Deep Dive Rules and Guidelines]

Deep Dive

Code:
7. Watch an SHL or SMJHL stream on YouTube
    -To verify, please do one of the following and post it in your rookie tasks claim:
      - Write 150 words about the games that happened during the stream
      - Create a 2-min podcast about the stream
      - Create a graphic about your favorite part of the stream ( please post the graphic in the rookie task claim thread and not as a graphics submission)

Well, this was the first time i had time to check out the SMJHL stream on youtube, so i have decided to catch the Newfoundland Berserkers vs the Maine Timber, my team.
The game ended with a 5 - 1 result in favour of the league leaders Berserkers, and let me tell you, it was not as close as the result might make it seem. The canadian team controlled the whole game, as expected by looking into their current league standings, and while the 1st period ended with a pretty open result, with only a goal by Maxwell King, the 2nd one ended any doubt some distracted fun could have. 3 goals, 2 by Evil AllBran and 1 by Jesse Trudeau made the 3rd period only a formality, where the Timber managed to sneak in a goal with Jonny Tsunami scoring of the Michael Robertson assist. But Trudeau got his team the 4 goal advantage soon after. A rivalry game that did not have all the drama one would expect.

(169 words)

Code:
8. Complete the Rookie Survey (post that you completed it and we will verify with the rookie mentor head that it is complete for credit)
    - As recreates can not complete the rookie survey we simply ask them to link a player page from a past player for this task instead

Rookie Survey

Graded. 8 tasks completed for $8M + $1M bonus @Opera_Phantom
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2021, 12:25 AM by canes2112.)

4. PT Claim
6. Deep Dive
7. I watched my newest player Max Manning on Day 4 of the livestream against the Kelowna Knights. Although I was only able to tune into one game, it was definitely an interesting, back and forth one which had plenty of goal scoring. In the first 10 minutes, we got off to a big struggle, allowing 3 goals on 7 shots. After the 1st, KEKW got us on the board with one and Jack Nishimori got a last second breakaway to cut the deficit to one after one. A shot from the faceoff dot by Angus McFife XVIII tied it up halfway into the second, but the Knights were quickly to respond to regain the lead. Early in the third, a quick shot from the dot gave Kelowna a 5-3 lead, but as the game would show, Hans Graf got us back within one again. Even though they scored a 6th, Rinky McDangle got us back to one down again. Unfortunately, even after a valiant effort, we could not make the comeback, falling 7-5 to the Knights, final. 

Completed Tasks 1, 2, 3, 8 are here: Completed Tasks

Graded. 3 completed tasks for $3M. @jay2233

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2021, 12:29 AM by canes2112.)

Task 1: Update Page
Task 2: Activity Check
Task 3: Training
Task 8: Survey

Graded. 4 completed tasks for $4M. @MichaelLum30
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2021, 12:31 AM by canes2112.)

1. Update Page
2. Activity Check
3. Training
5. Graphic Task
8. Survey

Graded. 5 completed tasks for $5M. @Hall