Create Account

S59 DFA Bounties #1 - The Past
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2021, 03:46 AM by Mutedfaith.)

Hello new players!

Every season we run into the issue where we have numerous DFAs in the League who are excited and want to be involved, but can't do much, if anything. After getting feedback from some of our DFAs SMJHL HO reached out to the SMJHL PT Department to create this opportunity for DFAs.

From the Trade Deadline to the posting of the first task completable for TPE, whether that be the Interested Prospects Threads, Early Bird PT, Mock Draft, etc., DFAs will be able to complete weekly DFA Bounties. These Bounties will function practically identically to PTs, but with money instead of TPE, and will be posted in this part of the forums. By writing 250 words or completing a graphic for a certain prompt, DFAs will earn $500,000 for their bank accounts, with a cap of 4 completed bounties ($2,000,000).

Since the trade deadline was last Saturday, I am pleased to bring you the first ever DFA Bounty:

Written Task: Only the best of the best make it into the SMJHL. Junior players from all over the world come to this league in the hopes of being drafted, becoming a succesful SMJHL player and continuining that succes in the SHL. But we all have a history too. What is your history? Where did you play? How did you do? How did your career look so far, and what aspects of your player in their pre-SMJHL career is going to make your player succeed?  (250 word min.)
Graphic Task: Pictures say more than a thousand words. Show us a pic of the young you, playing hockey. Include your player name and a render of your younger self, and at least one statline.

Reward: $500,000

Only current SMJHL Draftable Free Agents (S60 SMJHL Draftees, SHL class of S61) are eligible for this bounty.

There is no need to claim this anywhere. After grading the money should pop up in your account 'automatically'.

Deadline: Sunday, May 16th @ 11:59pm EST

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Adelie de Pengu had a rather curious start into the world of hockey. As a run of the mill penguin, he never really worried about things about sports of athleticism. He just wanted to get the best pebbles for his nest and to be able to show off for all the ladies. He never in his wildest dreams thought he would make it this far. His sporting adventures actually started in a completely different sport. He was recruited to the International Simulation Football league after an impressive showing where he fought off a skua in the arctic while ISFL legend Bjorn Ironside was watching. He trained up and became a rather talented linebacker in the world of American Football. So much so that he joined a second football league, the Super Casual Simulation Football league. In that league he became somewhat of a legend as he put on a hall of fame caliber performance and won three championships. Unfortunately as all things do, this had to end. Adelie reached the peak of his career and decided to step away from his beloved Wallabies team. It wasn't long before he was itching for a new and exciting challenge though. This is what brought him to the Simulation Hockey League. You see, Adelie once swore he'd be the best penguin in all of sports. To do that implied that he be good at more than just a single one. Due to his natural abilities on ice due to being a penguin, it only seemed natural that his next step would be to dive into the world of hockey. Would he be as successful here as he was in American football? Only time would tell.

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

[Image: MJduR1m.png]

[Image: uSmunDO.png]

Melvin hadn’t exactly known much about hockey before just diving into the new sport. Coming from a football background, the large moose definitely had some anxiety about trying something new, but so far, the entire Swedish federation had been incredibly welcoming and enjoyable to be around. It wasn’t natural, but the moose had learned to ice skate to spend winters with his best friend, Adelie de Pengu. While chilling in Antarctica, the duo would skate around the ice, and eventually, Melvin grew so comfortable with the feel of ice under his hooves, that it wasn’t difficult to begin learning the sport in Sweden. After many mishaps, rule violations, and just overall confusion on how to play the game itself, Melvin finally felt comfortable enough to join the league.

At a press conference, back in his new home of Colorado, Melvin told the press:

I am looking for another adventure and another avenue. I have loved football, and the Colorado Yeti, I have no intentions of leaving the organization, but for now, it is time to try something different. Therefore, I will be declaring for the S60 SMJHL draft in the coming offseason. I hope to spend these last few weeks with a team, getting to know the league more intimately, and maybe even getting some playing time, before I begin really focusing on my hockey career.

While he knew that the possibility of play-time would be difficult, especially so late in the season, he was happy to just be a part of a team and a locker room. Melvin wasn’t sure he would be a star, and even that didn’t matter to him. He had plenty of fame in the ISFL, he just wanted to literally “chill out” on the ice.

[Image: 66168_s.gif]
Update Page || Roster Page

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2021, 10:33 AM by Sly.)

Outside of perhaps a lucrative brand deal or some form of sponsorship, you may not naturally make an association between the sport of hockey and peanut butter, which in its own right is a completely fair omission on your part. Peanut Butter is a complete newcomer to the sport, not ever having picked up a hockey stick before eventually trying out for the Detroit Falcons.

However, Peanut Butter is well versed in the sport itself having originated from a time in which the sport of hockey was perhaps at its apex with the 1980’s Olympic games. While the rest of the world stood in awe at the United States overcoming the heavily favored Russians in Lake Placid, New York Peanut Butter was there on a mission with the KGB. What was initially meant to be a reconnaissance mission of sorts, as well as a trial run for Program: Condiment, turned into much more then that when the sentience that was placed within Peanut Butter lashed out in a rather murderous and bloodthirsty rampage across the Northern New York area. While this caused a rather large amount of pandemonium across the country, and even more back home in Russia as they lost control of their prized creation, for a certain hockey coach here in the states this proved an incredible opportunity to add some aggression to his front line.

Through this mutually beneficial relationship, Peanut Butter began to learn the game of hockey, while also getting some first hand experience on the ice. While not a “natural” athlete, Peanut Butter managed just fine on his own, and was soon a regular on the ice. (273 words)

[Image: 622070_joashb_peanut-butter-monster.png?f1530255985]

Growing up in Sweden, Hockey was forced into my life. My father was a goalie, my father’s father was a goalie, and my father’s father’s father was a goalie. I initially attempted to break the mold by playing wing. I always struggled with skating, both speed and staying up. It seemed like whenever I went to move forward I would end up on the ice. After a couple years I learned that I was no good there and switched over to my natural position, goalie. I figured, hey, I don’t really need to skate as a goalie, might as well give it a shot. Since the age of 10 I have stood between the pipes as the last defender. This proved to be a great decision and has led to this massive outbreak of talent that now finds me in the SMJHL. I am the one who stops the puck. I am the one who yearns for a zero on the scoreboard. In my high school career I put up roughly 10 shutouts a season and only averaged 1.05 goals against over those four years. I took home many awards for my play, including but not limited to: Most Valuable Player, Best Goalie, and All Conference. I also played for my country’s U17 team and represented Sweden at worlds, taking home the silver once and the gold twice. I plan to bring my SMJHL and my SHL team trophies and medals of the same kind, and I hope to transition these phenomenal numbers to the SMJHL and eventually to whatever SHL team takes a shot on me.

(268 words)

[Image: 8pRoFZH.png]

[Image: bounty1.png]

Sean Stevenson III is a 3rd generation Simulation Hockey League prospect. Born and raised in New Orleans, LA Sean branched out and trained in the Czech Republic where he eventually earned dual Citizenship. Coming from a long line of defensive defenseman, Sean was looked to as the next great Stevenson defenseman. But things didn't go the way his father and grandfather had hoped as he felt most natural at the Center position. A top faceoff man with a rough side to him, Sean found his home clearing out the center of the ice and camping in front of the next looking for the deflection. His style of play and specific talent led him to post a stat line of 18 goals, 71 assists for 89 points with a face off % of 56.35% in the Czech's top junior league. His coach had this to say about him "He may not be the most talented person on the ice at any given time but he is the hardest working player I have ever seen. If he sees a weakness in his game either on his own or through coaching, that weakness will disappear. Losing him to the SMJHL is going to be rough as the team had high hopes that he would lead us in the future". On the surface Sean will bring a hard working attitude along with a fire that will help protect his teammates on the ice. If anything is certain it is that the SMJHL will get stronger with him being a part of it. Carolina picked this kid up for their playoff run because they see what he brings to the ice even if he is extremely raw in his development.

Tomas Zadina is a prototypical sniper with a little bit lf defensive game. He comes from Kladno in the Czech Republic where he grew up playing for HC Kladno outside of Prague.

While he didn't have the most stellar stats of any player out there he did player at least 2 years ahead of his age group until he was 16 when he finally made it to the pros in the Czech professional league. He ended his first pro season playing 20 games and scoring 4 goals without any assists. Now in his 17 year old season he's coming to North America to play in the SMJHL by way of the draft.

Growing up he also played on the Czech nation teams in the IIHF. This season is expected to be his debut season for the World Junior team but it's also possible that he spend one final season playing for the U18 to make sure as many 20 year olds are on the squad as possible. Talent makes a big difference but so does 3 years of growth.

The biggest challenge for Zadina this coming season will be to prove that he can continue to grow his two way game. Everyone knows he has the kind of scoring touch that you can't teach, but to truly be a great SHLer he'll have to add some more dimensions to his game. It'll be about skating more coming back into his own zone and creating turnovers through the neutral zone. Everyone who has watched Zadina thus far knows he's up to the task, it's just about putting in the work now.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]