Create Account

S59 mPT #4 Cup Favorite

Hamilton is the cup favorite since it seems they have performed the best in the regular season. They have a lot of good players and the coaching to repeat this season.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/DYZ5jqO.jpg[/img]

Before Hamilton conspired and cheated to destroy the old system and then conspired again to get their optimum system in place in the form of FHM because they could never, ever win anything under the old system and nobody wanted to go there or stay once they were there, Calgary was the most dominant franchise in the SHL. After the Hamilton cabal had finished their underhanded and shady job of destroying a beautiful thing from within, they have unsurprisingly been the most successful franchise the last few seasons. Now though, Calgary is starting to get their FHM legs under them. They have hired Wally to act as coach and he has been working hard to dissect the new sim. He is now driving player builds and advising on all manner of sim questions. This has resulted in an aging Calgary squad remaining relevant and playing above their heads throughout this season. It is for this reason I predict Calgary to resume their rightful spot at the top of the SHL and bring home the Challenge Cup to the Big Parm this season with a finals victory over the evil and much maligned Hamilton Scumhawks.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

I think favorite to win cup is team in Atlanta, and team Evgeni Petrov play for. Have best otter general manager on the team, great locker room, and many talented players what fun!

(33 words)

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

Going to say Hamilton. They’ve got a nice goals for/goals against differential. They’re just a team that’s been so good for few years or more now. I think they’ve just got such a good team, so balanced throughout. Top line of 2000+ Tpe guys. Definitely a scary matchup for anyone

It's definitely NOLA. With their new coach they will storm their way into the playoffs over San Francisco and from there they will win over Hamilton or whoever the fuck and win 2 more rounds or whatever and take it all. The come from behind victory.

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

From what I see in the SMJHL thus far and looking at the stats leaders, it seems obvious to me that the Kelowna Knights are the favorites to win the Four Star Cup.

[Image: eMf7wNV.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2021, 07:15 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Hate to say it, but typically the team with the most TPE in the FHM era wins it.. so that’s not Calgary.. but the Dragons were ranked 8th in TPE at the start of the season.. currently we’re 2nd in the Western conference with a 32-12-4 record.. The dragons have a great coach in Wally, a revamped strategic system and a very tight nit group coming into post season f###ing angry… fingers crossed we can make some waves!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

I would like to see it be Texas just for a twist from what we've grown used to, but it's clear as day someone from the Great Lakes will win again. It will likely be Hamilton, with another ridiculous jump in the finals by Aaron Wilson. Why? Because that's simply what happens nowadays.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

I think HAM and TEX are my top two picks for the cup. I know TEX has had a bit of a down year compared to last, but I have a ton of confidence in our GM duo to strategize well against just about any team in the league. Last season we took HAM to 7 while being a clearly weaker team. We were essentially a coin flip away from the finals. This time around, we've passed them in average TPE for the first time. So if there was ever a season we could flip the league on it's head an eliminate a powerhouse, this would be the one.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]

We land ourselves in an era of the SHL in which it pays more to have an elite roster, and Hamilton continues to have one of the best ever assembled, therefore my selection for the cup is the Edmonton Blizzard because I am on that team and I am not a simp, I always back the blue.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

I want to say LA Panthers because they got a beat in Austin Roenick who really wants to win but it is probably going to be Hamilton because why the fuck not, FHM.

[Image: giphy.gif]

I definitely believe we will see another Great Lakes final as this division continues to be absolutely dominant in the league. Sad to say for Toronto but I think they are going to miss the playoffs even while winning over 40 games. I hate to pick against any of CHI, BUF, or HAM but out of those 3, I think BUF is the one going to come out on top, as they have the best goaltender of the group and plus it's their turn after HAM and CHI won the last 2 Cups

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

How can you go against Hamilton after they continue to make the finals season after season? All of the favorites are either in the Great Lakes or are Texas and perhaps Calgary. Everyone else is a pretender and will be bounced out before the finals or before the playoffs in the Great Lakes case. But, there are some underlying factors that show Hamilton may not be the best team heading into the postseason. Currently they have the best average strength, defensive read, stickchecking, and hitting in the SHL and are second in a few other categories. Chicago is currently first in checking, defensive read (tied with Hamilton), balance and stamina and is third in many other categories. Buffalo has a slightly different approach and is first in getting open and offensive read, while remaining solidly second in multiple categories. Personally, these three are my favorites and I expect this to all come down to tactics in the end. Hamilton has only truly been outclassed by New Orleans in the finals in the last 6 seasons when they make it so unless one of these teams can do that, we will see the Steelhawks lonely at the top once again.

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Looking only at the current standings in the fancy smancy new index, I would rank the most likely cup winners with Hamilton in first, Chicago in second, and Buffalo in third.

Code:
31 Words

[Image: greg.png?ex=656fa055&is=655d2b55&hm=c3f3...f36747c30&]

It is pretty obvious over the last few seasons that it will likely be a showdown between two of the Great Lakes division teams. Likely Hamilton and Chicago are the favorites to be in the finals with Hamilton winning it again. I do personally hope for Texas to win as they have had a strong team the last few seasons but have be unable to win the cup, they are likely the best chance at a non great lakes team winning.

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran,