Create Account

S59 Graphics Contest: IIHF Wallpaper Calendars
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2021, 06:02 AM by Carpy48.)

Hello everyone! Since our last wallpaper contest has received so much positive feedback we thought "let's do another one of those", but this time with a slightly different style and theme. 
For this contest the graphics department will collaborate with new IIHF Commissioner @roastpuff!

[Image: edXqCT5.png]
IIHF Wallpaper Calendars
Austria Canada Czechia Finland Germany Ireland Japan Latvia norway Russia  Sweden Switzerland Uk Usa

What exactly is a wallpaper calendar?
Eyebrow

The idea is borrowed from Smashing Magazine and their monthly wallpapers challenge that they've been doing for over a decade already.

If you don't know what it is and have never seen one before, here are some of their examples: Essentially it's different artists that design desktop wallpapers every month including a calendar for that partciupar month. And we're going to do the same.

What is the task?

We currently have 14 IIHF teams so we will have 14 participants in this contest; one for every IIHF country. 
Each participant will create a wallpaper representing their IIHF country that includes a calendar for the month of June (2021).

The requirements for the wallpaper are:
  • needs to represent the IIHF team's country (we don't have IIHF logo resources, but they can be found via google)
  • needs to include a calendar for the month of June 2021 (in English)
  • size 1920x1080 px (or larger) [template]
  • PNG or JPG only, no animations
There are different ways of how to integrate the dates. If you need more inspiration, simply browse the Smashing Magazine wallpaper archive or check the examples linked above.
Other than that: be creative.

What can I win?

We will have four prize winners that will be determined via a public forum vote:

1st place: $5M
2nd place: $3.5M
3rd place: $2M
4th place: $1.25M

Can I submit my wallpaper for grading if I didn't win anything?

Yes. Everyone who doesn't win a prize is allowed to submit their wallpaper for grading and receive a 2x bonus. These will be graded in the 'art' category. Make sure to write a note in the weekly submission thread that your wallpaper was part of this contest so the graders are informed.

How do I sign up?

Simply reply to this thread and tell us which team you would like to design a wallpaper for. Just be quick: first come, first served! You don't actually have to be part of that team. 
Sign-ups are closed!

All options:
Austria Canada Czechia Finland Germany Ireland Japan Latvia norway Russia  Sweden Switzerland Uk Usa

How will submission and voting work?

Submission deadline: Sunday May 23rd, midnight EST
Submit via this  Arrow  google form 

Do not post your submission anywhere publicly before voting begins.

Voting:

We will split the 14 teams into two groups in the first round (group A and B according to IIHF seeding).
You can vote for 3 wallpapers in each group and the top 3 from each group will make it to the final round.
You have 4 votes for the remaining 6 wallpapers in the finals.
The top 4 will win prizes (see above) according to the amount of votes received. 

All wallpapers that didn't win a prize can be submitted for weekly grading (see above).

Participants (country icon will be added after the submission has been received)

Austria: @r0tzbua  Austria
Canada: @Ragnar  Canada
Czechia: @caltroit_red_flames [DQ/missed deadline]
Finland: @sulovilen  Finland
Germany: @Wasty  Germany
Great Britain: @ConnorM123  Uk
Ireland: @Evok  Ireland
Japan: @Amidships  Japan
Latvia: @Kraagenskul  Latvia
Norway: @ckroyal92  norway
Russia: @EinoKooBOSS  Russia
Sweden: @Jobin  Sweden
Switzerland: @FlappyGiraffe  Switzerland
USA: @FuzzSHL  Usa

Other questions? Ask them here in the thread.

- @Carpy48 & @roastpuff

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

USA

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

SWEDEN

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

I love this

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Canada

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Finland

[Image: sulov.gif]

Love it

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Great Britain

[Image: uSmunDO.png]

Ireland

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

05-12-2021, 11:10 AMRagnar Wrote: Canada
I can't compete with the holy one

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

Russia

Norway

[Image: mtDOugA.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Bojo Box (C. Knouse)

Germany

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Czechia

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Austria

[Image: gREvMiW.png]
Canada Timber  Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean || S74  Timber Canada
Austria Barracuda Kraken  Finn von Murphenstein || S57 - S72  Kraken Barracuda Austria