Create Account

S59 Graphics Contest: IIHF Wallpaper Calendars

05-12-2021, 11:23 AMJobin Wrote:
05-12-2021, 11:10 AMRagnar Wrote: Canada
I can't compete with the holy one

I thought the Swiss were the holey ones

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Latvia

[Image: A9nSgBs.gif]

Only Japan and Switzerland are left.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

switzerland

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

Japan

[Image: uMyJK4x.png]

For those that didn't see the edit in the announcement post, submission deadline is next Sunday, 23rd.

sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]

Imagine accidentally signing up for something because you didn't read the post and you just assumed everyone was saying the of their nation to be supportive of their fellow teammates. Couldn't be me (I'm still gonna make the fuck out of this wallpaper).

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

05-17-2021, 02:06 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Imagine accidentally signing up for something because you didn't read the post and you just assumed everyone was saying the of their nation to be supportive of their fellow teammates. Couldn't be me (I'm still gonna make the fuck out of this wallpaper).

LMAO

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

05-17-2021, 02:06 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Imagine accidentally signing up for something because you didn't read the post and you just assumed everyone was saying the of their nation to be supportive of their fellow teammates. Couldn't be me (I'm still gonna make the fuck out of this wallpaper).

Awesome :D btw. I think a clean-looking wallpaper is probably easier to make than a sig. You can do anything you want here, it doesn't even need a render on it necessarily.

Stars Lions Berserkers

A little over 2 days left, 8 still missing.

Stars Lions Berserkers
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2021, 06:06 AM by Carpy48.)

Unfortunately Czechia got disqualified due to missing the submission deadline (and failing to inform us about not being able to make it or to drop out in time). Poll for the other teams will be up later today.

edit: since I have time today I'll make one for Czechia myself so at least all teams will be represented.

Stars Lions Berserkers

We got a total of 200 votes in the finals, thanks to everyone who voted!

The winners are:

1st: tie between Finland and Japan
3rd: Austria 
4th: Czechia

I believe it would be fair that that both winners can get their $5M instead of splitting first and second place, so I will give up my 4th place prize money for them and round up a bit. Of course I won't submit my wallpaper for grading either.

@sulovilen & @Amidships: $5M each  Finland Japan
@r0tzbua: $2M  Austria

Congrats to all winners and thanks to everyone who participated in this contest. Some amazing work there!

Some of the participants also made versions without the calendar on it, so if you would like to use them, here are the downloads (some are available in a higher resolution too).

Austria
[Image: IIHF_Austria_wallpaper_no_calendar.png]

Czechia
[Image: IIHF_Czechia_wallpaper_no_calendar.png]

Finland
[Image: IIHF_Finland_wallpaper_no_calendar.jpg]

Germany
[Image: IIHF_Germany_wallpaper_no_calendar.png]

Great Britain
[Image: IIHF_GreatBritain_wallpaper_no_calendar.png]

Ireland
[Image: IIHR_Ireland_wallpaper_no_calendar.png]

Japan
[Image: IIHF_Japan_wallpaper_no_calendar.png]

Latvia
[Image: IIHF_Latvia_wallpaper_no_calendar.png]

Norway
[Image: IIHF_Norway_wallpaper_no_calendar.png]

USA
[Image: IIHF_USA_wallpaper_no_calendar.png]

We still have a little surprise left, but for that you'll have to wait until after the upcoming IIHF tournament.

- @Carpy48 & @roastpuff

Stars Lions Berserkers

Congrats to the winners! You guys made it tough to vote, these all look great.

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!

Better late than never. @roastpuff and I mentioned before that there would be a special little extra coming to this contest after this year's IIHF was over. The idea was to give a bonus prize paid from our own bank accounts to the people who made wallpapers for the three IIHF medal winners.
As you know by now the medals winners were:
Gold: Japan
Silver: Czechia
Bronze: Norway

However, since I was the one who made the Czechia wallpaper and I don't want any money (from myself especially...), we'll skip that one and move Norway up one spot and give Switzerland the third bonus since they were 4th*.

So here we go, enjoy your little bonus that you didn't even know about before the tournament:

First: Japan $1,000,000 @Amidships
*Second: norway $750,000 @ckroyal92
*Third: Switzerland $500,000 @FlappyGiraffe

And at this point I'd like to mention our current/new contest ("Paint sigs") again that you can still participate in until Sunday midnight EST.

Stars Lions Berserkers

@Wasty that Germany one is fire

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.