Create Account

WJC Announcement

05-19-2021, 01:48 PMNhamlet Wrote: Alternate suggestion, increase the number of teams (Czechia, Russia with their own but instead with 3 forward lines a la SHL)?

Main downside is that it's possible and likely that new created rookies, the ones who are most excited about this, could be left out from deeper nations.
I would have had to cut people in their 2nd and 3rd seasons from British Isles if this was the case. I had 2 non capped forwards and 2 non capped defense dressed iirc

05-19-2021, 02:03 PMRuggsy Wrote:
05-19-2021, 01:48 PMNhamlet Wrote: Alternate suggestion, increase the number of teams (Czechia, Russia with their own but instead with 3 forward lines a la SHL)?

Main downside is that it's possible and likely that new created rookies, the ones who are most excited about this, could be left out from deeper nations.
I would have had to cut people in their 2nd and 3rd seasons from British Isles if this was the case. I had 2 non capped forwards and 2 non capped defense dressed iirc

Yeah I don't think smaller teams is the solution.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2021, 02:41 PM by Duff101.)

Pretty much no matter how much you do things there are gonna be rookies missing out or getting minimal icetime.

Also Russia doesn't have players on defense, not offense so it wouldn't even really effect us. 

05-19-2021, 01:38 PMSlashACM Wrote: Wait if y'all want Russia + whoever and czechia + whoever what is the point of breaking up UCORCAL

As of right now UCORCAL is too big. It's bad both for the competitiveness of the WJC (UCORCAL will be loaded every year bc it's a pretty large player pool) and for the actual players on the team (or more accurately, the ones NOT on the team). If you were to combine the three feds in UCORCAL into one megafed it would have a size comparable to the US or Canada (if not bigger), and while those teams get broken up now UCORCAL remains the same.

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

Okay, not sure if anyone mentioned this, but re Team North America:
I was the GM of the USA JV team. We had a solid run, got the 5 seed, and lost in the first round.
By combining the USA and CAN JV teams you are creating a really bad team. All of the IAs that made USA JV have decent special teams will be gone. Team Young Guns will take up any other countries B teams. As well as USA and CAN will each take 2 goalies instead of allowing the JV team to take the younger of the 2 425 goalies (at least from the USA's side of things).
What Team NA is going to be, is a whole bunch of 155s stuck together. There may be a few people at around 200 TPE, but that is going to be it.
Just wondering if this has been addressed.

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]

05-19-2021, 01:15 PMDuff101 Wrote: I would love for Russia to have its own team, I think the better move is to split UCORCAL into two subfeds. Russia and Latvia/Norway and then Czechia and someone else. Both teams will be able to field an active roster and both will have the majority of its active roster seeing the ice.

Latvia/Norway Hmm

05-19-2021, 01:38 PMSlashACM Wrote: Wait if y'all want Russia + whoever and czechia + whoever what is the point of breaking up UCORCAL

Agreed.

In my mind I always had trees, where if a team were to paired with other teams it would have to be with specifically the others in that tree.

For example, UCORCAL:

None of the three teams have enough players on their own - Only UCORCAL exists

1 team has enough players - That 1 team + UCORCAL if the other two combined have enough, if not, both fold into team world

2 teams have enough players - 2 independent teams + last remaining nation folded into team world

but I also realize I hold unpopular opinions on this matter

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

05-19-2021, 06:17 PMmee Wrote: Okay, not sure if anyone mentioned this, but re Team North America:
I was the GM of the USA JV team. We had a solid run, got the 5 seed, and lost in the first round.
By combining the USA and CAN JV teams you are creating a really bad team. All of the IAs that made USA JV have decent special teams will be gone. Team Young Guns will take up any other countries B teams. As well as USA and CAN will each take 2 goalies instead of allowing the JV team to take the younger of the 2 425 goalies (at least from the USA's side of things).
What Team NA is going to be, is a whole bunch of 155s stuck together. There may be a few people at around 200 TPE, but that is going to be it.
Just wondering if this has been addressed.
Hi Mee,

So as the GM of Team North America, yeah it's looking like it'll be a lot of 155's with a few 200's in there, but to me, I'd rather play active 155's than inactive 400's. Sure it may hurt the competitive balance a bit but I'd rather everyone who's participating on the site gets to participate internationally as well. I'm sure if it goes poorly (like not winning a game bad) then Ace and the rest of the WJC team will take a look at it but to me this is a better solution than splitting US and Canada where half the teams were 155 IA's anyway.

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpeg]

05-20-2021, 11:59 AMartermis Wrote:
05-19-2021, 01:15 PMDuff101 Wrote: I would love for Russia to have its own team, I think the better move is to split UCORCAL into two subfeds. Russia and Latvia/Norway and then Czechia and someone else. Both teams will be able to field an active roster and both will have the majority of its active roster seeing the ice.

Latvia/Norway  Hmm

Agreed.

In my mind I always had trees, where if a team were to paired with other teams it would have to be with specifically the others in that tree.

For example, UCORCAL:

1 team has enough players - That 1 team + UCORCAL if the other two combined have enough, if not, both fold into team world

2 teams have enough players - 2 independent teams + last remaining nation folded into team world

I like the idea, but the issue with it is that all three teams individually don't have enough players, but together they have way too many. I think the more appropriate move is to merge another smaller fed into the UCORCAL tree, which gives you two larger feds (Russia and Czechia) and two smaller ones (Latvia and someone else) and operate like this:

1. Combined, 4 teams have just enough or a little more to roster a team of actives, 1 big UCORCAL+ (probably never happen)

2. If 3 teams together make up a roster of full actives and the fourth one overcrowds (IE 5+ actives sitting) then merge the smallest (by WJC eligible players) fed into team world for the year

2a. If possible, group the two large feds with the two smaller feds so you get two paired up teams (what I think would be the most appropriate given the current situation)

3. As teams can field fully independent rosters split them up and make the fed up of the other three, if the leftover teams are too crowded move one of the teams to world or maybe even young guns for the year

4. If everyone can field a roster except 1-2 teams move them into young guns or world

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

05-18-2021, 01:07 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
05-18-2021, 12:47 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: I thought they said there were only 17 eligible players

Skaters
1.) Towelie - 61
2.) Tomas Zadina - 61
3.) Sean Stevenson III - 61
4.) Stan Din'desque - 60
5.) Rob Ford - 60
6.) Sheldon Dinkleberg - 60
7.) Viktor Zukal - 59
8.) Erik Andrews - 59
9.) Matej Winters - 59
10.) Jean-Locke Zidane - 58
11.) Noel Blanchet - 58
12.) Sonata Diamante - 57
13.) Marabelle Octive - 57
14.) Farley Hank - 57
15.) Borek Podlezl - 57
16.) Tres Sombreros - 56
17.) Zybnek Dobrovsky - 56
18.) Cenek Iqbal - 56

Goalie
19.) Pod Podanovic - 59
20.) We would need a loaner for the backup but I'm guessing there's a 155 goalie from team world we could put in
That is 20 yeah, but you’re still scraping the bottom of the barrel activity-wise to get to that number and I don’t think that’s necessarily sustainable.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
Sig credits to @sköldpaddor @ihatereyson

05-20-2021, 10:15 PMboom Wrote:
05-18-2021, 01:07 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Skaters
1.) Towelie - 61
2.) Tomas Zadina - 61
3.) Sean Stevenson III - 61
4.) Stan Din'desque - 60
5.) Rob Ford - 60
6.) Sheldon Dinkleberg - 60
7.) Viktor Zukal - 59
8.) Erik Andrews - 59
9.) Matej Winters - 59
10.) Jean-Locke Zidane - 58
11.) Noel Blanchet - 58
12.) Sonata Diamante - 57
13.) Marabelle Octive - 57
14.) Farley Hank - 57
15.) Borek Podlezl - 57
16.) Tres Sombreros - 56
17.) Zybnek Dobrovsky - 56
18.) Cenek Iqbal - 56

Goalie
19.) Pod Podanovic - 59
20.) We would need a loaner for the backup but I'm guessing there's a 155 goalie from team world we could put in
That is 20 yeah, but you’re still scraping the bottom of the barrel activity-wise to get to that number and I don’t think that’s necessarily sustainable.

Turns out we were missing Tomas Kalnoky and Philip Demitra from that list. Plus we just transferred in Greyson Cooper.

It only takes a good season or two to keep the WJC team going for a while.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2021, 12:00 AM by artermis.)

05-20-2021, 10:14 PMDuff101 Wrote:
05-20-2021, 11:59 AMartermis Wrote: Latvia/Norway  Hmm

Agreed.

For example, UCORCAL:

I like the idea, but the issue with it is that all three teams individually don't have enough players, but together they have way too many. I think the more appropriate move is to merge another smaller fed into the UCORCAL tree, which gives you two larger feds (Russia and Czechia) and two smaller ones (Latvia and someone else) and operate like this:

1. Combined, 4 teams have just enough or a little more to roster a team of actives, 1 big UCORCAL+ (probably never happen)

2. If 3 teams together make up a roster of full actives and the fourth one overcrowds (IE 5+ actives sitting) then merge the smallest (by WJC eligible players) fed into team world for the year

2a. If possible, group the two large feds with the two smaller feds so you get two paired up teams (what I think would be the most appropriate given the current situation)

3. As teams can field fully independent rosters split them up and make the fed up of the other three, if the leftover teams are too crowded move one of the teams to world or maybe even young guns for the year

4. If everyone can field a roster except 1-2 teams move them into young guns or world

Yeah I realize it's just a philosophy issue.

I didn't feel like too many players was an issue worth deviating from the method, so I didn't.

I was very particular about the region grouping, as long as the WJC commish accepted my team proposal that is

EDIT: I also opposed any overflow teams, such as Young Guns, and Team World when they're able to pick from other teams non-rostered players, to give you an idea of how rigid I am on that front

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]