Create Account

Star-Light: S59 Simulation Day 21

Good day to you, Star Gang! It is I, your Keyboard Warrior bringing you the day that was in the Simulation Hockey League. We have two games on the slate today, both away games so the North Stars will be on the road for a while. Today we visit the Tampa Bay Barracuda and the Manhatten Rage.

The first game saw a dominant effort on the part of the North Stars who took the game from the Barracuda three to one. The North Stars put fifty shots on goal to the Barracuda's thirty-three. Hits were closer, but the Barracuda edged out the North Stars twenty-six to twenty-three. Luffy Richard had himself a busy game. He was on the ice for the only Tampa Bay goal. My roommate also had two shots on goal, a missed shot, two blocked shots, and a cross-checking minor adding to his ever-growing penalties in minutes tally.

The first game must have just been a warm up for the Manhattan Rage because they put a nickel on the board to take the game five to nothing. The disparity in shots must have the Rage shell-shocked because the North Stars put sixty-one shots on goal compared to the Rage's sixteen. The gap in puck possession also led to the Rage out hitting the North Stars twenty to eleven. Luffy Richard was a plus-one with four shots on goal, a missed shot, three hits--so he was out there being as physical as he has ever been--and a giveaway. That is gonna mean laps for my roommate tomorrow for sure. 

Not the best day for Luffy Richard, especially compared to his sterling effort yesterday, but he did use his body to stop pucks and intimidate the other team, so at least he is not being passive.

The Toronto North Stars end their day five points behind the Chicago Syndicate with three games in hand and two points behind the Buffalo stampede who have a game in hand. This is going to be a brawl till the end, but there is hope North Star faithful!

Until next time

Shine On!

(363 words)

[Image: WzzhGnr.png][Image: image0.jpg]

[Image: image0.png][Image: UMRTITC.gif]