Create Account

Charity Drive Follow Up
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2021, 08:19 PM by nour.)

Hey SHL Community!

A big congratulations and thank you are in order as this year's Charity Drive (hopefully the first of many that the SHL participates in) comes to a close! Through the combined efforts of everyone here and users across multiple online sim leagues, we were able to raise a grand total of $13,884.30 for the Children's Organ Transplant Association, money that will be put to good use helping children across America get the life-saving help they need as fast as possible. Charles, our main point of contact at COTA, mentioned in his email that our little drive is the talk of the office, which really put a smile on my face and I hope it put one on yours too. I'm so proud of each and every one of you for coming together as a community and doing such a wonderful thing, we may be a niche corner of the internet but we're a damn dedicated one!

Now, onto the prize distribution tied into the SHL Drive!

Team Prizes

A big thing we were excited to see was teams on the site banding together using the bonds they had already formed with their teammates and alumni to make the donating a little more competitive and encourage a friendly rivalry between the site's various sub-communities, and you guys delivered in spades! The first place spot was passed between various teams, but there can only be one winner per league!

I am very proud to announce that the Specters New Orleans Specters Specters and the Raptors Colorado Raptors Raptors are your 2021 Sim League Charity Drive Champions!

Both teams will see banners that will run alongside the challenge cup banners for the duration of the S60 Season, so keep your eyes posted for that, and amazing work to not only these 2 teams, but all the teams who stepped forth to contribute no matter how much!

Site-Wide Prizes

This one was amazing because you guys were all smashing the milestone goals so fast, our Head Office team was having trouble keeping up to set new goals for you all! Regardless, you guys really came together as a giant community in such an amazing way and we were thankfully able to come up with some really neat prizes that the entire site is going to benefit from, let's take a look at what we have in store:

- On May 19th-May 26th, double everything! During this period, you'll be able to earn double the pay from you'd normally get from Twitter payouts, Media, Podcasts and Graphics! There's no specific theme for media/graphics related double payouts, so long as you get the media out within that 7 day window, you're all set! (EDIT: Per Zoone, the double media bonuses will capped at 5,000 words, with anything beyond that granting standard media payout.)

- I will be making a video to post to the site soon featuring me in a suit reading off some famous SHL copypastas that @luketd and I are compiling as we speak. Yes there will be mood lighting. Yes I will have an alcoholic beverage in hand. No I will not have LIFE memorized.

- Thanks to all your amazing efforts this season, one of the S59 Championship Week tasks in both the SHL and the SMJHL will be fully comped! Stay tuned for that when the Championship Week posts go live in a few weeks!

- As well as a comped Championship Week, you can also link this follow up post to your updated page for a free 2 TPE (must be added to your page by June 30th, 2021 at 11:59PM Eastern)!

- Finally, for hitting our $9000, $10,500 and $12,000 goals, we'll be adding three S60 PT Passes to the upcoming Charity Raffle! Speaking of the raffle...

Individual Prizes (Raffle)

THE CHARITY DRIVE RAFFLE WILL BE LIVE STREAMED ON THE SHL YOUTUBE ACCOUNT AND HOSTED BY LUKE AND I ON MONDAY, MAY 17TH AND 7PM EASTERN!!!

Just to reiterate on the rules, every dollar you donated to the Charity Drive counts as 1 Raffle Ticket to be drawn at this Monday's raffle! We're still very much open to having more possible prizes added if you're feeling generous, but as of now the line up of prizes is:

- A custom Charity Edition Card for your current SHL Player when the SHL Trading Cards! These will be rare cards that are designed differently to the standard release cards as part of the Charity Edition Series! There will be 7 of these up for grabs.
- Promotion for whatever you'd like (within reason) at the start and end of every SHL stream for the S60 season (thank you to @Kalakar for this one)
- Two copies of FHM (thank you to @StadiumGambler and @ACapitalChicago for these)
- Two, $25 RedBubble Gift Cards (thank you to @Patty for these)
- A $20 Steam Gift Card (thank you to @SDCore)
- 1 month of Discord Nitro (thank you again to Corey)
- A hype video for your player (thank you to @Mike Izzy)
- A sig for your player (thank you to @GeckoeyGecko)

Luke and I are very excited about the coming Raffle Stream and we look forward to seeing you all there!

Individual Prizes (Leaderboard Awards)

As per the announcement post, all who took part in the drive and donated will be receiving 2 FREE packs of trading cards when the SHL Trading Cards launch in the future, and you'll also all receive a 2021 Charity Drive Contributor Badge on your profile to commemorate your generosity this year!

In addition to this, some major congratulations are in order to SHL Users @frithjofr, @micool132 and @LordBirdman for finishing top 3 in total contributions during the drive! You guys went above and beyond and really put forth more than I had imagined any individual user would donate, and I'm really thankful for the 3 of you putting in so much for this Drive, and I know the staff over at COTA really appreciate it too! To commemorate just how much you contributed, you 3 will be receiving gold, silver and bronze versions of the 2021 Charity Drive badges, respectively, to really highlight your extreme generosity! We also mentioned the 3 of you would be received custom Charity Edition Cards for your players, and you still will, but we are making a slight addendum to that...

Due to the extreme generosity from a lot of the users, we felt we still wanted to reward those who gave so much to this wonderful cause. For that reason, we've decided that while the top 3 will still be commemorated with their custom medal badges, anyone who donated $500 or more to the 2021 Charity Drive will also receive Charity Edition cards for their players, so a big congrats to @trashae, @Ragnar, @ACapitalChicago and @nyumbayangu for their amazing contributions! These 7 cards, plus the 7 to be raffled off, will bring the 2021 Charity Edition Set to a nice, even 14 cards for you all to collect in the future! Congratulations again to all the winners, and of course everyone who contributed!

Shl

This post is already a lengthy one so I'll wrap up here with once again another thank you to everyone who took part in such an amazing cause. Its easy to get swept up in the drama and bickering on here from time to time, but it was so moving to see us all put that aside and come together as one community to do something wonderful. I am so damn proud of everyone here and I am excited to get this up and running again in 2022.

Rest in peace to Francis Gritzmacher, and on behalf of the SHL Head Office
nour

WINNERS

Charity Cards - @Patty, @Wearingabear, @SDCore, @BadWolf, @JKortesi81, @Lorec and @CrazyMojito

S60 Sim Promotion - @Ragnar

$25 RedBubble Gift Cards - @Huck24 and @t3zla

$20 Steam Gift Card - @LordBirdman

Izzy Promotional Video - @DELIRIVM

Sig from Gecko - @Ohtaay

S60 PT Passes - @steveoiscool, @frithjofr, @slothfacekilla

Copies of FHM - @trashae and @krazko

Free Month of Discord Nitro - @Kalakar

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

Good job everyone, congratulations to the organisers for managing a well run campaign and thank you to all incentives donators, those made it even easier to contribute to the drive!

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

This was a great campaign and I'm glad it all came together so successfully! Super fortunate and glad to have been a party of this. Great job everyone.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

Really happy to see how much we could contribute together for a good cause, proud of all involved here <3

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

05-15-2021, 01:44 PMnour Wrote: - On May 19th-May 26th, double everything! During this period, you'll be able to earn double the pay from you'd normally get from Twitter payouts, Media, Podcasts and Graphics! There's no specific theme for media/graphics related double payouts, so long as you get the media out within that 7 day window, you're all set!

For graphics we work with weeks ending on Sundays, so we can do the week ending on May 23rd. Next week basically.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]

Good job everyone! Way to band together for a good cause!

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpeg]

this is why i love yall

[Image: 81ImQYu.png][Image: suavemente.gif][Image: QD85cmZ.png]
     Platoon    Timber
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2021, 04:11 PM by JKortesi81.)

Hooray for getting a banner!

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Nice job SHL!

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

Amazing effort everyone!!

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

Excellent work humans. MY people would be proud of you.

[Image: TD6O3KW.png]
Signature courtesy of sulovilen.  May his name be exalted in Sardangian lore.

Aye, lads, that's pretty cool.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

just a heads up raffle stream will start soon we're just getting everything set up, should be live at 7:15

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

https://youtu.be/yB4YZzS0-OI

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Nice

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]