Create Account

Simmer Punishment

Hello all,
It has come to our attention in SMJHL HO that the simmer @“AgentSmith630” missed a goalie swap during the third Vancouver game on 5/13. Vancouver went through the proper protocols to swap goalies.

Previously we had set a precedent of:
1st offense: $2m fine and official warning
2nd offense: $2m fine and loss of PT pass for the current season
3rd offense: $2m fine and loss of PT pass for next season

We in HO have talked through this system and feel it is too harsh for a high demanding job. However, mistakes are still impactful to the teams they affect.

Going forward we are titrating the scale down to:
1st offense: $1m fine
2nd offense and up: $2m fine
*all offenses must occur in the same season

With all this layed out, AgentSmith630 will receive a $1m fine for S59.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

ph

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

I’ll pay for agents smiths fine.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

It has been
10 0
Day(s) since an
AgentSmith630
Punishment

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2021, 12:57 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

05-16-2021, 12:45 PMMike Izzy Wrote: I’ll pay for agents smiths fine.

After some thought, I’ll have to take that back.
I’m saving up for some stuff.

Have a great day.

Knights|Dragons|Austria

#FreeTheSimmers

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

Do we really think that fines are the way to go in situations like these? They don't make things better for the people/teams who got screwed over while punishing the people who do the most demanding job on the site for an honest mistake. To me that seems like a punishment that serves no purpose and that doesn't bring any extra accountability. As long as these mistakes don't start piling up significantly, wouldn't we be better off just accepting that these mistakes can happen from time to time?

#FreeAgentSmith

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

05-16-2021, 01:21 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: Do we really think that fines are the way to go in situations like these? They don't make things better for the people/teams who got screwed over while punishing the people who do the most demanding job on the site for an honest mistake. To me that seems like a punishment that serves no purpose and that doesn't bring any extra accountability. As long as these mistakes don't start piling up significantly, wouldn't we be better off just accepting that these mistakes can happen from time to time?
I can say, back when we didn’t punish we would see 5-10 mistakes a season.
Since we have started this, we get 1-2 a season. I do think it serves a purpose. Even if it’s just a reminder to be due diligent and double check your work.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

05-16-2021, 12:55 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
05-16-2021, 12:45 PMMike Izzy Wrote: I’ll pay for agents smiths fine.

After some thought, I’ll have to take that back.

Have a great day.

Single handedly funding the new Calgary arena?

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

05-16-2021, 02:54 PMwumaduce Wrote:
05-16-2021, 12:55 PMMike Izzy Wrote: After some thought, I’ll have to take that back.

Have a great day.

Single handedly funding the new Calgary arena?

The Bigger Parm

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

05-16-2021, 03:46 PMsve7en Wrote:
05-16-2021, 02:54 PMwumaduce Wrote: Single handedly funding the new Calgary arena?

The Bigger Parm

[Image: Uce5zO0.jpg]

the #Parm-Pigeon needs new mittens.

Knights|Dragons|Austria

Fuck Vancouver, all my homies hate Vancouver

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

05-16-2021, 01:21 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: Do we really think that fines are the way to go in situations like these? They don't make things better for the people/teams who got screwed over while punishing the people who do the most demanding job on the site for an honest mistake. To me that seems like a punishment that serves no purpose and that doesn't bring any extra accountability. As long as these mistakes don't start piling up significantly, wouldn't we be better off just accepting that these mistakes can happen from time to time?

I actually generally agree with you that in a perfect world a simmer shouldn't get punished for small mistakes due to the demand/importance of the job, but having at least a minor punishment in place helps make sure that mistakes are made public/transparent and to make sure a simmer is not encouraged to make "mistakes" that would benefit their team. Ideally they could probably make a mistake or two without any punishment since that is normal in a season, but a minor punishment at least helps discourage a simmer from banking those strikes to influence the season on purpose. I know SHL HO has at least had some minor talks about this as well if I remember correctly, but I am personally not sure if there is a perfect system without having complete blind faith in the simmer, which gets even more complicated if we move towards having more users involved in simming. I could see a world where the first couple mistakes are not punished unless they involve games including the simmers team, but I am not sure how supported that kind of system would be on the site.