Create Account

S59 SMJHL PT #6 - Playoff dreams

"Of course, the first thing we did when we got word of who we were going to face was meeting this sort of spiritual guru that could figure out anything. He insisted that we should go gather any kind of lucky amulet we could find, which was easier said than done at the end of the day. I basically asked all my friends if they could help me find things to bring to the game and they ended up coming through with... a lot of things, really. There was only one real downside: the process of getting to the game was made ridiculously hard as I wore an additional hundred pounds of trinkets around me. According to my friends, it was like an alien from Doctor Who somehow ended up in the middle of Nevada. Made even funnier that said alien was supposed to be playing Left Winger for the Battleborn in a couple of hours."

A regular Irishman's guide towards a hockey career - HARRIER, Anton; KNACKER, Skeano. 2035.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

The Carolina Kraken are doing everything that they possibly can to prepare themselves for the first round of the playoffs. The biggest thing we are focusing on is absolutely our pregame playlists for our home games. Yes, being prepared for the other team is important. Sure, practicing hockey to make sure we are at peak performance is important. Lets just be honest here though, the preseason playlist is what sets the tone for the game. If the playlist is banging, the other team will be intimidated. Thats why in preparation, the team has tasked star 4th line player Bjorn Bjorn with the playlist. As a true music enthusiast, Bjorn actually spends most of his practice time and game time working on playlists for the team since he is one of two players on the 4th line. He knows his role, and that is to hit people, and he LOVES it. So, his biggest asset to the team is the playlist. I don't want to spoil too much, but our first song will absolutely be "Ocean Man" by Ween. GO KRAKEN.

[Image: Bjorn_Bjorn_Sig.png]
[Image: bjornswedengif.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2021, 10:06 PM by BoloBill.)

Delete

[Image: bolobillshlsig.gif]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: Oa8OpwNyDg-K2JwGMV_wCV9Yt4_2wZc5y5QPLUXn...authuser=0]

The Maine Timber prepared themselfs for their game against the Anaheim Outlaws by studying their gamestyle from their last games against us.
We won the first few games against them and at the end of the season they had us pretty good. So we thought that those games are a pretty good spot to analyse and to improve our gameplay against them.

And now that the games are over it shows that it worked perfectly. We sweeped them with a clean 4-0 in the playoff series.
The first game ended 4 - 1 for us
Second game was 5 - 2
Third game was 3 - 0
and the last and fourth game was 4 - 1 again.

We knew exactly who to block and who their main weapons were, we also found some pretty big holes in their defense which we took advantage of.

We plan on doing the same thing going forward and so far it looks good. Super excited to see how far we can go.

Code:
166 words

[Image: tgsnOlT.png]

Update Page | Player Page

St. Louis comes into this playoffs as a huge underdog. Limping into the playoffs at 11th overall is ideal for no one, but the Scarecrows are always up to the challenge. There is a constant positivity in the locker room and a "we can do anything and upset anyone" attitude. Due to seeding, the Scarecrows matched up with the defending champs QCC in the opening round. (Oh, boy). But like I said, St. Louis is up to the challenge. At the time of this writing, St. Louis is currently up 3-1 in the series on some stellar performances from key players in some very close games. Maybe I'm a little biased being a defenseman, but St. Louis is really trying to focus on shutting down the opposition. Our regular season goals against weren't stellar, so this is an area of needed improvement to make it further in the playoffs. If we win the series, we would face Newfoundland - and that will be a big hill to climb. But we always stay positive Smile

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

(This post was last modified: 05-21-2021, 07:46 PM by CheerfulBender20.)

Unfortunately, a crippling video game addiction - thanks, Riker - hampered my ability to contribute at the start of the season.  While my teammates worked diligently, I battled my way through “The Game,” using my mind to manipulate frisbee like discs into spherical cones.  

Thanks to some stern but necessary criticism from the Timber veterans, I overcame my addiction, and found myself with some catching up to do for the post-season.  In preparation for the playoffs, I availed myself of the team’s personal coaching and, with the help of my teammates, made much needed improvements to my hockey I.Q.  My personal goal for the playoffs is simple - bring some energy to the team as a role-player who can provide secondary scoring.  Emulating top wingers Jonny Tsunami and J.J. James Jamerson Angler has surely improved my offensive game.

So far so good, as I managed to net a goal in game three of our opening series with the Outlaws.  My defensive game needs improvement, however.  In preparation for our next series, I’ve been placing a greater focus on my positioning in practice, with the aim of increasing my DGR.  

Go Trees! 

P.S.  

When the season ends, you guys have to try this game.

[Image: 22HFBQB.png]

Well, the Anaheim Outlaws decided to prepare for the playoffs in a few different, and unique, ways.

1. First, they spent the weekend before the first game on a 3-day booze bender, from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon. Many kegs were floated, games of beer pong played, and a few puke and rallies were had.
2. Second, before the weekend bender, they spent a lot of time at the driving ranges around the city of Anaheim. Jonathon Hagan was overheard saying that he'd "beat the fuck" out of everyone in the summer golf league, before he ripped a solid drive, while Matej Winters simply stared at a golf club with a confused look.
3. Finally, they went ahead and set tee times for the day after their scheduled home Game 4. "Look, we really just want to get on the links and drink with the boys," said forward Daniel Merica, Jr. "So we're either taking this series in four or losing it in four, whatever gets us on the course quickest."

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Spirits were high coming into the playoffs in the Vancouver Whalers locker room. Having won all our games against the Kraken this season, optimism and confidence were the prevailing attitudes. Having outscored them 27-13, we knew offense would not be too much of an issue. Adding a few new DFAs definitely helped as well. Prepping for the series mostly involved playing chel with each other to really work on building that on-ice chemistry that is so important in hockey. I think this was a key to success for us. Also choosing the right playlist for pre-game locker room shenanigans, as getting people boppin' along to some bangers is so critical to feeling loose and ready to go before a game, especially in playoffs. Overall, these methods definitely worked for Vancouver, winning the series 4 games to 1. I'm sure this will only bring confidence levels to new heights, propelling us on to win the next series, and eventually lifting the finals.

Whalers

The Detroit Falcons have anticipated a playoff appearance since the first day of the preseason.  Throughout the year, players have been sculpting themselves through on and off the ice workouts.  The team has been skating mountains with snorkels on their faces and ten pound weights strapped around their ankles.  Bench and deadlift maxes have shot up while our sprint times have shot down.  We are physical specimens and are prepared to play physical games.   

We have been sharpening our hockey skills as well through vigorous skating and shooting drills.  Sniping bar down shots from the top of the circle while at full speed.  Defense clapping bombs from the blue line with dead on accuracy.  Whoever is unlucky enough to play us in the first round will see that we are here to play and here to win the entire thing this season.  We will take no prisoners and will play with everything we have.

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]

Well, I personally thought that we wouldn't be in the playoffs, but please forgive my ignorance. I woke up on the later side of how I normally woke up, and nonchalantly went into the training center to get to work. However, I walked in and noticed that there were no players to be seen. I walked around and ran into a crowd of coaches, who were looking for me, and they told me that we are going against Quebec today and I am beyond late for practice. I proceeded to rush and grab my things, got on the rink, and did what I had to do. Afterward, I did my usual tasks of eating healthy foods, watching film, meeting with my coaches, and realizing that I'll be participating in playoff hockey. Weird. 

Talking with my friends, they discussed what they had to endure while I was gone-Coach was whipping them into shape, and ensuring that they don't look like fools on the ice. I didn't notice it personally, but I guess today really was different. But that's no matter for me, I love my guys and I'm happy that, even though we were the 11th seed, we still made it a series, and didn't show some disappointing hockey. God, I love this team.

[Image: 8hp3ACT.png]

Looking forward to the playoffs, the nerves begin to act up. Maybe less for some of the Outlaw gang members, as they weren't even expected to really make it. For the rookie Zhen Roza the nerves are shot. Even though he may not even see the ice, "You have to get mentally prepared no matter what, but even though I am a back up I still get nervous around this time and before the games". The Outlaws, are set to play in a strong fight to go from the last and barely making it in. Can they pull it out? Who knows, but the team has been practicing and trying to have a good time before the tough games start. Some have been going to the beach or just relaxing with the family. "Sometimes you have to take a day or two off before the chaos begins to really get your mind ready for the violence that is about to occur".

[Image: vikian.gif]

The Detroit Falcons have been hard at work Preparing for playoff time. We do everything we can to make sure all of us are in top shape to be in winning mode. To start off we like to do a bunch of fitness training. This includes cardio, weights, leg day, core strength exercising, the whole lot. Each player is assessed in the weeks leading up to playoffs and we figure out where they need to improve physically. Whether it is improving stamina or increasing battle strength, we got it covered for our team. In addition and alongside physical improvement, we assess each player for any discomfort in their body, whether it is a bit of pain here or tightness there, we have the top physiotherapists on hand to take care of any issue. Second last comes the conditioning. We do a run through of drills to figure out where our players are lacking individually and where the line is lacking as a whole. Then we make a plan to get them all to the level we need them to be. Finally, we do practice games. That's about it, Pingy Out

[Image: unknown.png]

"Bring back Pingy Pingu Lunga Gumba esq. And I mean bring him all the way back. I want every thread on this forum that involves even a modicum of salt to get razed to the ground by our most notorious shitposting penguin. I want every thunderdome to drown in ABAGABA spam and a signature that doesn't end. I want the userbase of this fine league to cower in terror, slinking about the forums and making as little noise as possible for fear of attracting the Shitpost Slenderman. When some poor immigrant from the NFL sim blunders into the forum and makes an angry post about how his player slipped to the early second round despite having done ALL the rookie tasks(!), let the veteran survivalists stare in horror and pity while the newbie rages. They will know it is only a matter of time before @Pingy Pingu descends upon his post like a ravening wolf and obliterates his tread, reducing it to a radioactive waste-dump of unintelligible spam. They will not interfere, for Pingy is our immune system. Because he can take it. Our Dark Knight of Shitposting"

Sig credit to @WannabeFinn @JSS @Mordaciious @Mayuu @TommySalami
                                              Falcons banner credit to @karey
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2021, 06:26 PM by Accka.)

graphic
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/2...valmis.png

[Image: 64377_v.gif]
Whalers Whalers Whalers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack
Finland / Germany  
Big thanks to Pythonic(first sig evah), Sloth(first LAP sig<3) and Ragnar for their sigs<3
Two time playoffs MVP and two time nominee
Triple gold club
Discord: asska

Limping into the playoffs were the Vancouver Whalers. Their first round opponent was Carolina who we matched up well against all season. Although everyone thought the series would be more competitive, Vancouver dealt with Carolina swiftly in 5 games, losing only Game 1. Going into the series against Kelowna, though, is a tough task since Kelowna was the best team in the league this season and proved very tough for Vancouver. One of the biggest keys to preparing for a team that is a mismatch is to watch film on the team to try and find the holes in their system and attack those holes. Another important aspect that we need to work on is our special teams. Special teams can win games, especially in the playoffs, so being able to score on about 30% of our power play could tilt the odds of the series in our favor, as well as being able to kill penalties more efficiently.

[Image: dmills3.gif]
[Image: 6by0kBi.png] || [Image: ohmEd0h.png]

CanadaWhalersSteelhawks